Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #1591
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I just wrapped more Xmas gifts !!! My back hurts frm bending over !!!! It has been so slow around here lately !! Hope everyone is OK!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #1592
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
We spent today watching a 10 y/o boy that David teaches play a competition and OMG it's the male version of your beauty pageants. The parents are so competitive and it seems the kids have no fun I'm so pleased the girls don't want to do that We then checked the school website when we got home and much to the girls disgust the school is open tomorrow I think they must have exagerated the sewage problem as there is no way they'd have been able to sort it all out in that time. Oh well means Dave and I can do something tomorrow
That's too bad - you'd hope the kids would have fun. I don't know whether to be sorry for the girls or glad for you about the school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Wow, it is QUIET!
I checked in earlier and there was nothing since my post last night. Since I didn't have anything new to say I didn't post.

Quote:
Not much going on. Maddie's been sick all weekend. She's got this weird wet cough she can't seem to get rid of, but thankfully no fever or anything, she does tired easily though.
I'm sorry.

Quote:
My DBro and SIL are coming over this afternoon. She's had 3 chemo treatments so far and is feeling really good.
I'm glad she's feeling good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Today's Aiden's bday party!

Thank goodness for K who jumped in and did all the things I was feeling to sick to day yesterday.
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I just wrapped more Xmas gifts !!! My back hurts frm bending over !!!! It has been so slow around here lately !! Hope everyone is OK!!!
I still haven't bought any gifts, and you're wrapping?

Truly nothing to report here. The kids are off at a b-day party that goes for another 2 hours, D is gone for flying, and so... I'm debating a nap or something...

It's cloudy, but not raining, and it's 60, which is a little odd. Humid... November?

Anyway... I'll be back. I kind of forgot that D told me weeks ago about this trip, and that it goes to Wed. So, I have some time this week - woohoo! Hopefully the book fair will only take up about a half day of it.

See you later!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #1593
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Not much going on. Maddie's been sick all weekend. She's got this weird wet cough she can't seem to get rid of, but thankfully no fever or anything, she does tired easily though.
Oh no, hope she gets better!

Quote:
My DBro and SIL are coming over this afternoon. She's had 3 chemo treatments so far and is feeling really good.
I'm so pleased, did she like the gift you gave her?

Quote:

Thank goodness for K who jumped in and did all the things I was feeling to sick to day yesterday.
Happy Birthday Aiden and K is a sweetie, get better soon

Quote:
Wow Rosie you're organised

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I checked in earlier and there was nothing since my post last night. Since I didn't have anything new to say I didn't post.
That's not like you CE

I've just done some online Christmas shopping, a few DVD's, books and CD's oh and a couple of games, have you ever played rush hour? It's a logic game where you move cars around, it's really addictive and fun and I found 2 similar but different ones if you get what I mean! I also ordered the new version of it's a wonderful life as we watched it for the first time last year (I'd watched it as a teenager at school) and decided it's a new tradition to watch it along with Polar Express, the girls aren't so keen I also ordered Elf as it was only £3 about $4.50 So the girls stockings are almost done but I'm really struggling on a main pressie, was thinking theatre tickets, they want to see Wicked, but need something bigger IYKWIM. I also ordered and sent my nephews 1st birthday & Christmas pressie, I bought a big box of duplo and thought he won't mind yet if he gets a joint pressie

I need ideas for David though, but then all I have on my list is some new golf waterproofs so we're very boring this year
Old 11-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #1594
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Quote:
I still haven't bought any gifts, and you're wrapping?
thats exactly what i was thinking.

Quote:
I've just done some online Christmas shopping, a few DVD's, books and CD's oh and a couple of games, have you ever played rush hour? It's a logic game where you move cars around, it's really addictive and fun and I found 2 similar but different ones if you get what I mean! I also ordered the new version of it's a wonderful life as we watched it for the first time last year (I'd watched it as a teenager at school) and decided it's a new tradition to watch it along with Polar Express, the girls aren't so keen
I love that rush hour game. We always play those puzzle games.

Our tradition movies are grinch (animated), Christmas story, and I usually end up watching Santa Clause.

I spent yesterday procrastinating on my manatee papers. I did study for birds though. And I also set out the few christmas decorations I have; my mickey peppermint lights, mickey advent calendar wreath, and a mini chrstmas tree on top of the table.

My mom asked me if I want my christmas decorations from hers. I dont think I can handle that yet. It means taking home my (used to) singing stocking from when I was a baby, and dividing up our santa dolls my sister and I always used every christmas season. One has a brown puffball at the end of its hat because I used to suck on it. And worst of all if I took home christmas decorations my parents would have to cut up the gold garland. Its a family tradition and heirloom. A garland made of gold, that was cut into equal pieces for the children and then handed down so everyone has a piece. It's all matted and only about the diameter of a pencil, our piece is about 3-4 feet long. I just dont want it to get cut up yet...

I'll talk to you guys later!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #1595
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am I first today I know I've been neglecting you all but it won't happen from now on

Quote:
It's still raining here and we have up to 70mph winds So we're staying in Well Jess had golf and Ellie had singing and poor David is at work, I hope he drives home safely!!! I keep looking at the fences praying they don't go down and the wind coming down the chimney sounds like the roof is coming off It's meant to be the worst storm in 70 years or something, hopefully they're exagerating!!!
Hope you are all okay!

Quote:
Jo- We loved you before. We loved you during. And we'll love you after. You are more than a 'mom' to us. You're a friend and wonderful person. We'd be lost without you.
[/COLOR]

Quote:
but we're a lot closer than I anticipated.
Good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I found out some really good news last night. I checked my bank account last night and found some extra money in there. Apparently the ex was made to pay more in child support for November.
Oh good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I was then able to order Lindsey her b-day present...Disney on Ice Tickets. Her b-day isn't until New Year's Eve but I wanted to get some good tickets. If it's where I think it is we are in the second row from the ice. YAY! The show is on the 3rd of January so close enough to her b-day. I know she'll be excited.
We are taking Jimmy on December 30th!

Quote:
So, yeah. We had a very nice night out! The restaurant was good and the company was awesome. The kids had fun, and all is well.
Great!

Quote:
We spent today watching a 10 y/o boy that David teaches play a competition and OMG it's the male version of your beauty pageants. The parents are so competitive and it seems the kids have no fun I'm so pleased the girls don't want to do that
Sounds horrid

Quote:
We then checked the school website when we got home and much to the girls disgust the school is open tomorrow I think they must have exagerated the sewage problem as there is no way they'd have been able to sort it all out in that time. Oh well means Dave and I can do something tomorrow
That's good!

Quote:
Wow, it is QUIET!

Must be because Janet went back to work. LY, J!
HEY

Quote:
Hope she is feeling better!

Quote:
Glad she she's doing okay.

Quote:

HAppy birthday Aiden!

Quote:
It's cloudy, but not raining, and it's 60, which is a little odd. Humid... November?
Beautiful here. 70 and Sunny, definitely not November weather!

Quote:
I've just done some online Christmas shopping,
No Christmas shopping should be done until the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I just dont want it to get cut up yet...

I'll talk to you guys later!
Awww

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #1596
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Not much happening this weekend. Yesterday I went with my sister and Reid to story time at the book store. Since all the kids weren't sitting, Reid didn't want to sit, so we left and went to lunch. Reid told my sis that Grandma, my BIL's mom, let him watch Sponge Bob. When my sis asked him who let him watch, he threw me right under the bus and said me! Look at him trying not to get Grandma in trouble, but my sister knows I would not watch SB so therefore Reid will not be watching. Any sports, absolutely! I was explaining tennis to him the other day. I figure since there are tennis courts at his school, he may be able to relate.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1597
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Hi all. Remember me? Sorry I haven't checked in for a couple of days. It's been C-R-A-Z=Y around here this weekend.

Friday night Jimmy earned his Bobcat Badge at Cub Scouts. Here are a couple of pictures of that.

Then, after that I met my friends for dinner. We wound up getting kicked out of the restaurant becasue we were there so long and strangley enough they wanted to go close up and go home. We had such a good time and now we are going to try and get together every other month or so. We are going to meet at each others houses though..I"ve been kicked out of better places than Bertucci's January will be at my place!

Yesterday we had the Cub Scout trip to the National Constitution Center and then we Rode the Ducks (It's a tour bus that also goes into the water, very cool!) Here are some pictures from that.

Jimmy signing his name to the Constitution!

They had these in the lobby and they cracked me up

A little trivia. We all know that Dolly Madison invented Ice Cream Know what her favorite flavor was? Oyster

These are from the Ride the Ducks Tour

First Library

Larry From the 3 Stooges was born here..

[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x262/jcc0621/Cub%20
Scouts/RidetheDucks14.jpg[/IMG]

Some say the Best Cheesesteaks in the City..

As this line will attest too

Where I spent many a weekends

Out on the Water

Today was spent at Soccer. It was beautiful here. 70 degrees and sunny. More spring than fall! Afterwards we came home. Jim and Jimmy did the food shopping and I started laundry and straightend the 1st floor.

Have to start dinner in a few minutes, but I wanted to check in with you all. Have a great rest of the day and I will chat with you all soon!!

Old 11-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1598
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Not much happening this weekend. Yesterday I went with my sister and Reid to story time at the book store. Since all the kids weren't sitting, Reid didn't want to sit, so we left and went to lunch. Reid told my sis that Grandma, my BIL's mom, let him watch Sponge Bob. When my sis asked him who let him watch, he threw me right under the bus and said me! Look at him trying not to get Grandma in trouble, but my sister knows I would not watch SB so therefore Reid will not be watching. Any sports, absolutely! I was explaining tennis to him the other day. I figure since there are tennis courts at his school, he may be able to relate.
Too funny!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #1599
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:

Have a nice afternoon everyone!
Have a great party! Happy Birthday to Aiden!
Quote:
Wrapping? I can't do that until we have the tree up. WAIT! Don't tell me you have your tree up, Rosie?
Quote:
Truly nothing to report here. The kids are off at a b-day party that goes for another 2 hours, D is gone for flying, and so... I'm debating a nap or something...
I vote for a nap. Enjoy your quiet time.
Quote:
I'm so pleased, did she like the gift you gave her?
She loved it! It actually brought her to tears, which I honestly didn't think it would.

Quote:
I've just done some online Christmas shopping, a few DVD's, books and CD's oh and a couple of games, have you ever played rush hour? It's a logic game where you move cars around, it's really addictive and fun and I found 2 similar but different ones if you get what I mean! I also ordered the new version of it's a wonderful life as we watched it for the first time last year (I'd watched it as a teenager at school) and decided it's a new tradition to watch it along with Polar Express, the girls aren't so keen I also ordered Elf as it was only £3 about $4.50 So the girls stockings are almost done but I'm really struggling on a main pressie, was thinking theatre tickets, they want to see Wicked, but need something bigger IYKWIM. I also ordered and sent my nephews 1st birthday & Christmas pressie, I bought a big box of duplo and thought he won't mind yet if he gets a joint pressie

I need ideas for David though, but then all I have on my list is some new golf waterproofs so we're very boring this year
I usually do stocking stuffer shopping on black friday when they have really cheap nick nacky stuff like DVD's, books, lip gloss, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
No Christmas shopping should be done until the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!
Can you believe I probably won't be doing any early morning shopping on BF? There's nothing I need to buy, unless I find an add with a cheap laptop or netbook for TE.

Quote:
Reid told my sis that Grandma, my BIL's mom, let him watch Sponge Bob. When my sis asked him who let him watch, he threw me right under the bus and said me! Look at him trying not to get Grandma in trouble, but my sister knows I would not watch SB so therefore Reid will not be watching. Any sports, absolutely! I was explaining tennis to him the other day. I figure since there are tennis courts at his school, he may be able to relate.
I loathe that cartoon!
Quote:

Awwwww... Jim looks so proud!

Quote:

A little trivia. We all know that Dolly Madison invented Ice Cream Know what her favorite flavor was? Oyster
WHAT???!!!! I though Dolly Madison invented Zingers snack cake????

Grocery shopping is done, and I'm now making some homemade beans right now. We're having taco's tonight.

O. M. G. I found the best panaderia right up the street! They have the most wonderful bolillo rolls and homemade tortilla's! I'm in heaven!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1600
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you believe I probably won't be doing any early morning shopping on BF? There's nothing I need to buy, unless I find an add with a cheap laptop or netbook for TE.
Check out bfads.net. They are starting to put up the BF ads! BEst Buy and Target both have decent laptops!

Quote:
Awwwww... Jim looks so proud!

Quote:
WHAT???!!!! I though Dolly Madison invented Zingers snack cake????
SHe might have, but she also invented ice cream

Quote:
O. M. G. I found the best panaderia right up the street! They have the most wonderful bolillo rolls and homemade tortilla's!
I would be happy for you if I knew what the heck they were

Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #1601
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
I would be happy for you if I knew what the heck they were
Bolillo
From Wikipedia:

Mexican bolillosA bolillo (English pronunciation: /bɵˈliːjoʊ/ bo-LEE-yoh) is a type of salty bread traditionally made in Mexico, where it originates. It is a variation of the baguette, and is often baked in an horno de piedra.

It is about 15 cm (six inches) long, in the shape of an oval, with a crunchy crust and a soft inside, known as migajón. It is the main ingredient for tortas and molletes. A variation of the bolillo is the telera, which is very similar, though it has a more rounded shape, is divided in three sections, and is usually softer. Other variations include bolillos made of alternate ingredients such as whole wheat, wheat germ or flax

Go here and get one and ask for a Champurrado to go with it.

El Coqui Panaderia Y Restaurante
2556 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19133

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 11-15-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #1602
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Go here and get one and ask for a Champurrado to go with it.

El Coqui Panaderia Y Restaurante
2556 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19133
That's right near Jim's school/ Wil have to have him stop one nighton the way home...although the neighborhoos is

Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #1603
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's not like you CE
I know - I'm so usually ready to chat about nothing!

Quote:
I have nothing. D & I sometimes skip and get something for the house or whatever, but that doesn't help my mom or his dad (his mom got all those clothes for me in October, and I told her that had to be Christmas...)

Quote:
Our tradition movies are grinch (animated), Christmas story, and I usually end up watching Santa Clause.
We have to watch A Christmas Story as we wrap on Christmas Eve and then unwrap in the morning. I have to see Scrooged (with Bill Murray) at least once, and D got it for me on DVD. Though I'll watch it anytime, I also always have to do Love, Actually at least once during the season... And the Charlie Brown special...

Quote:
My mom asked me if I want my christmas decorations from hers. I dont think I can handle that yet.
I hear you. I had a wooden nativity set that was given to me on my first Christmas, which I finally got here once the kids came along. Yes, it was technically always mine, but the thought of it not being on my mom's sideboard where it belongs still makes me sad. But, I guess on the bright side, my kids adore it, so it's good to have here.

Quote:
Any sports, absolutely! I was explaining tennis to him the other day. I figure since there are tennis courts at his school, he may be able to relate.

Quote:
Friday night Jimmy earned his Bobcat Badge at Cub Scouts. Here are a couple of pictures of that.
Great pics all around - we have the ducks in Boston, too and it's fun. I love the magazine covers!

Quote:
I never shop on BF. I am debating ordering a few things this week to just spread out the expense a bit, but since my kids are not being terribly forthcoming...

They want little things from Santa, which is fine, but I feel like I'm missing that "WOW!" factor IYKWIM. Sigh.

Quote:
O. M. G. I found the best panaderia right up the street! They have the most wonderful bolillo rolls and homemade tortilla's! I'm in heaven!
I'm glad you're happy!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #1604
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
That's right near Jim's school/ Wil have to have him stop one nighton the way home...although the neighborhoos is
Well, naturally. It's not a good panaderia unless you have dodge bullets, Janet.
Quote:
They want little things from Santa, which is fine, but I feel like I'm missing that "WOW!" factor IYKWIM. Sigh.
Mine, too. Looks like Waldo's providing the "WOW!" factor this year, which is fine with me.

Quote:
I'm glad you're happy!
Yeah, nothing like some fresh bolillos and good tortillas to make a brown girl happy.

Night All.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #1605
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We spent today watching a 10 y/o boy that David teaches play a competition and OMG it's the male version of your beauty pageants. The parents are so competitive and it seems the kids have no fun I'm so pleased the girls don't want to do that We then checked the school website when we got home and much to the girls disgust the school is open tomorrow I think they must have exagerated the sewage problem as there is no way they'd have been able to sort it all out in that time. Oh well means Dave and I can do something tomorrow
UGH to the golf game. Doesn't sound like a fun time at all.

Sorry to the girls having school tomorrow but I'm sure you and David will enjoy the day.

Quote:

to Maddie. Hope she starts feeling better.

That's great news about your SIL. Hope it stays that way!

Quote:
Hope he has a great party!

Quote:
I'm all done shopping but nothing is wrapped yet. I'll probably wait until the kids go with their dad at Christmas time to do that.

Quote:
I know...we had a pretty nice day here too. Heck even now at almost 10:30 at night we are still at 61. I have volunteered myself to go to a football game next weekend and I still hope it's this nice.

Quote:

Sounds like a good start.

The kids and I watched Elf last weekend and Lindsey and DR watched some kind of Christmas dog movie last night. Our favorites are A Christmas Story and the one with Chevy Chase...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Quote:
I just dont want it to get cut up yet...
Awwww...that's sweet. What a great tradition!

Quote:

Quote:
Have to start dinner in a few minutes, but I wanted to check in with you all. Have a great rest of the day and I will chat with you all soon!!
Great pics! Looks like you guys had a good weekend.

I was cracking up at the VA/WV splitsville thing. My ex-MIL is from CA and has lived there her entire life. (This is my ex's step mom). Anyways, when my ex and I got married she and my ex-FIL came here for our wedding. My MIL just couldn't get it through her head though that she was in West Virginia and not in Western Virginia. I think that is about as funny as my best friend thinking we lived on the west coast because we live in West Virginia.

Quote:
I can finally shop this Black Friday since the kids will be with their dad but nothing is catching my eye that we really need or want. Heck, I'll take the sleeping in vs. early morning shopping any day.

I'm pooped! Today was a long day!

DR and I went grocery shopping while my dad took Linds to church. He and I got home and my dad, nor Linds, were not here. They had gone over to my uncle's house to watch the Steelers play a really crappy game.

DR and I then started cooking our turkey dinner. Yes, I know I'm early but since the kids won't be here and we are busy next weekend I did it today. We were supposed to watch Pocahontas but didn't get a chance to watch it because I was so busy and the TV was taken over by football. Hopefully we can get to it tomorrow.

Lindsey gave me attitude pretty much all night. She had talked with her dad on the phone earlier today and had had an attitude since then. She finally broke down after I had had enough of her and put her in the corner. Poor girl is not liking the idea of going with her dad and is worried she isn't going to have fun, nor get to come back home to me. Once I calmed her down and talked with her she was a changed child. I know she'll have fun once there but it still breaks my heart to see my child struggle with this.

Other than that it'll be a busy week for us. I can't wait for Thanksgiving to get here and the time off!

That's it for me. Hope y'all have a good night!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: