Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #1576
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
As most of you probably read the girls were sent home from school today as their school was flooded. Other than ending up on their bus for about 3 hours they loved coming home After reading on the school website it seems that loads of the buildings were flooded and sewage contaminated the rooms too Also all the alarm system went down. It continued to rain all day and loads is forecast for tomorrow but they reckon they'll reopen Monday, personally I can't see it as surely it's a huge clean up operation as it involved sewage?!?!?

Anyway their friend came round as her Mum was at work and she brought the film Coraline with her. OMG what a weird, disturbing, horrid film and it's a low rating too Jess went off and made cakes so she didn't have to watch
EEW to the sewage Jo and to the Movie !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Hey everyone. I am stuck using th crap-top because KC was (yet again) asked to work from home for a few hours. Turns out the guy he's covering for's wife had a mild case of swine flu! So we are stuck home instead of going to the concert we were gonna see.

I went to the dr this afternoon. it was quick and painless. my ears never popped when we flew to WDW and they are clogged with congestion. So i got a prescription for a decongestant which I start tonight before bed and got orders to drink lots of hot liquids to break up the ear congestion. I am just thankful it's not an ear infection and that it cost us only $80 total.

Tomorrow night we planned an at home date night (to save monies). We are gonna pop some corn, dim the lights and watch a movie. Monday I am back to work sothe next few days are gonna be savored.

Hop you are all having a good friday the 13th...I'm gonna keep watching my Buffy marathon and relax.
Glad your ear is better !! Judy has problems with her ears when we fly and someone on the boards told me to have her take a decongestant before getting on the plane and she said it was the best her ears ever were !! So maybe next time take an ounce of prevention!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
FRIDAY!
Yes! It is my actual Friday too. As in my last night of work for the week.

That lady sounds like a real hoot! I'm glad the 'fire' presentation was not boring!

on the no strep. No wonder you are hurting! Sounds like a job for the good old chicken soup!

Can you get us a picture of Jimmy with all his badges? Kudos on the canned food project. Have a fun weekend.

YUK! That is wild. Doug and I watched Coraline a few weeks back. I liked it but I would not let young ones see it. It was a bit whacked!

Strombolis sound delish. I haven't had one of those in a long time. And all for a good cause!
Have fun at the movie and with Santa.

Poor DR! I hope he gets better instead of worse. Cool that you get to wait on presentation. I'll be in your neck of the woods, kinda, tomorrow. One of these times that I'm headed over to Ohio we'll have to meet up. Usually I try to stay from Friday to Suday. This quick trip was just a last minute thing.

'Craptop' -
It's too bad that KC has to finish vacation by working. Not fair! Your 'date' plans are smart! Have a great one!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I won't be back here until Sunday or Monday. Yep, I'm gonna act like you will all miss me very much. We probably won't get back home from Ohio until late afternoon/evening on Sunday. We are taking Max with us. The other 2 dogs are staying at grandma's.

Monday will be busy with cleaning - major. Both floors.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Hi Kristel !!! My job is seldom boring The presentation would have been boring if not for the stand up or sit down comic relief!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #1577
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Oh no, what a mess! What happened - was it weather or did something break? Eeewwww!
Weather, we've had really heavy rain and today we have really strong wind and rain And Coraline would be OK for adults but I am so surprised that it's a PG (not sure if you have that rating it means Parental Guidance so any age can watch if with an adult)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
TGIF!! We're having a major junk food dinner for our Friday night TV Date Night (Ghost Whisperer and Medium) I bought some strombolis a friend at work was selling as a fundraiser for her daughter (for their dance class to go WDW - how could I refuse?). Then I have some leftover shredded chicken and bread rounds so thought I'd make the Buffalo Chicken dip too. Oh, and a glass of wine of course
Oooh sounds lovely, hope you had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Oh man...that completely stinks about the school!
It probably does

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Ewwww. I don't see how they can have everything cleaned and sanitized by then
I know especially as it's still raining

Quote:
I went to the dr this afternoon. it was quick and painless. my ears never popped when we flew to WDW and they are clogged with congestion. So i got a prescription for a decongestant which I start tonight before bed and got orders to drink lots of hot liquids to break up the ear congestion. I am just thankful it's not an ear infection and that it cost us only $80 total.
Yay I'm so pleased, I'm amazed you didn't know your ears didn't pop, I get so much trouble with mine when I fly and before I started using a nasal spray to unblock them I'd be deaf for 24 hours afterwards until they did pop. Thankfully never had what you had though!

Quote:
[I won't be back here until Sunday or Monday. Yep, I'm gonna act like you will all miss me very much. We probably won't get back home from Ohio until late afternoon/evening on Sunday. We are taking Max with us. The other 2 dogs are staying at grandma's.
Of course we'll miss you, have a fantastic time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Aiden's quick test for strep was negative, but his extended test came back positive. Nice... I just took my kid to school half of Thursday and all Friday with strep. Hey, not my fault, man.
Oh no, hope you both get better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
EEW to the sewage Jo and to the Movie !!!!
Thanks!

Am I first today I know I've been neglecting you all but it won't happen from now on

It's still raining here and we have up to 70mph winds So we're staying in Well Jess had golf and Ellie had singing and poor David is at work, I hope he drives home safely!!! I keep looking at the fences praying they don't go down and the wind coming down the chimney sounds like the roof is coming off It's meant to be the worst storm in 70 years or something, hopefully they're exagerating!!!

Oh and I just had to Google when Thanksgiving was, wow you guys start celebrating early
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #1578
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Am I first today I know I've been neglecting you all but it won't happen from now on

It's still raining here and we have up to 70mph winds So we're staying in Well Jess had golf and Ellie had singing and poor David is at work, I hope he drives home safely!!! I keep looking at the fences praying they don't go down and the wind coming down the chimney sounds like the roof is coming off It's meant to be the worst storm in 70 years or something, hopefully they're exagerating!!!

Oh and I just had to Google when Thanksgiving was, wow you guys start celebrating early
Yikes! Be careful over there!!!

Jo- We loved you before. We loved you during. And we'll love you after. You are more than a 'mom' to us. You're a friend and wonderful person. We'd be lost without you.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #1579
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All !! Judy is at her breakfast meeting right now !!!Keep fingers crossed the offer is GOOD!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #1580
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

I started to quote, but I didn't realize I hadn't been on since Wednesday, so it was just too much. And I started to read hours ago and had to stop for a couple of rounds of Uno, so now I am stretching to remember what I read...

V, sorry about your neck, but I'm glad you fixed your potty!
Dawn, sorry about A, what a pain.
Jo, ew on the sewage and I am glad you won the golf. Love you!
Kristel, hope you have a nice weekend.
Kat, glad it wasn't an ear infection.
Lori, hope DR feels better and that t-day weekend goes OK.
Hi, everyone! I'm sure I'll remember more as I go along...

Thanks to you all for the encouragement about the book fair. I totally understand what's going on, and we're actually better off than I thought we were. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to the credit card sales and figured we had maybe a couple hundred in them on Tuesday. No, it was nearly $800, and again about the same Thursday, so we are not at last year's numbers, but we're a lot closer than I anticipated.

But now we decided to stay open on Monday morning as I didn't want to try to close it up yesterday alone - plus we awarded a couple more gift cert's late in the afternoon, so we wanted to give those folks a chance to spend.

The teachers have gone crazy, which is great - except that we give them a 20% discount that has to come out of our profit, so with sales down... Sigh. We tend to give it out of the "Scholastic dollars" money, not the cash profit, but I'm not sure we are going to cover it in that this year, as 5% isn't as much as usual. However, without their sales, we'd not come close to as much money, so I suppose it works out somewhat.

Thursday ended up going pretty well - D and the boys stayed until about 5:00, then went and grabbed Subway and came back for the conference. Friday was super easy.

After school, I'd made an appointment ages ago for the regular flu shot at 3:50 (another reason I didn't want to deal with "closing" last night) and yet since we didn't stay late, I got to leave much earlier. Luckily I called and it's much more of a clinic - they just give a time to kind of control crowds. So, we got in and out by 3:15, which was fantastic. THEN, as a bonus, they had H1N1 mist in, so the kids got that, too - which I wasn't expecting and am pleased to get. I came home, drank a beer (don't flame me - I was so relieved to be done with my week! ) and then fell asleep on the couch whilst the boys played Wii. D got back around 5:30, then we did our normal pizza/movie night.

It has been just POURING rain all day today, so we've played several board and card games, and just been lazing about. The boys have a birthday party tomorrow, and we don't have a present yet, but I can't get anyone to want to leave the house to go get one. D says he's going out to Sports Authority for new running shoes (which he desperately needs) and I just want a run to Target.

We are going out with my best local friend and her DH tonight - her DS is babysitting for her girl twins and my kids. Probably nothing too late, but we are trying a new restaurant I'm really excited about. It's kind of a delayed anniversary dinner, which is nice. D stopped and bought me grocery store roses Wed., which was also nice, though he joked about his fine florist.

Oops, looks like we've talked the kids into going, so I need to put on something besides yoga pants (and a bra! ) and go! See you later! D has to fly tomorrow and the kids are at the party for 3 hours, so I have the afternoon to myself! Woohooty!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #1581
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Dawn you're a sweetie

Rosie, how did Judy go? Hope she got a good offer

CE so glad the book fair went better than you thought and yes please put some more clothes on Have fun tonight and love you too

We went round to my friends earlier to see her new puppy, a cockerpoo, cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle, and their 2 new guinea pigs which are tiny. The puppy is so cute, he's chocolate brown and gorgeous and I'm not a dog lover so that's saying something Thing is though that when they got him he had fleas which they have got rid of but I now keep itching

I'm praying the rain will stop by tomorrow as we're starting to get cabin fever
Old 11-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #1582
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Well Judy is prett sure she'll take it she asked for more mone and I think she'l get close to what she asked !! She will go into te office 2 day a week ( her choice which she says wil be Modays and Thursdays) then she will be on call on the weekends > 3 weeks vacation and health coverage ! It wouldmake it so easy for her with Kyle and the girls schedules !! So we are very hopeful!!! She would start in January!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #1583
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad it was nothing big and hope it clears up for ya soon! Enjoy your date night.

Quote:
Poor DR! I hope he gets better instead of worse. Cool that you get to wait on presentation. I'll be in your neck of the woods, kinda, tomorrow. One of these times that I'm headed over to Ohio we'll have to meet up. Usually I try to stay from Friday to Suday. This quick trip was just a last minute thing.
Thanks...he's feeling a little better today but is still kind of grumpy and whiney. I would love to meet up with ya one time your my way. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Aiden's quick test for strep was negative, but his extended test came back positive. Nice... I just took my kid to school half of Thursday and all Friday with strep. Hey, not my fault, man.
Awwww poor kiddo! Glad he's feeling OK for ya though and that he has a good party tomorrow!

Quote:
Hope you guys stayed safe today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Oops, looks like we've talked the kids into going, so I need to put on something besides yoga pants (and a bra! ) and go! See you later! D has to fly tomorrow and the kids are at the party for 3 hours, so I have the afternoon to myself! Woohooty!
Glad the bookfair turned out better than you expected. Hope you have a good time tonight!

Quote:
Well Judy is prett sure she'll take it she asked for more mone and I think she'l get close to what she asked !! She will go into te office 2 day a week ( her choice which she says wil be Modays and Thursdays) then she will be on call on the weekends > 3 weeks vacation and health coverage ! It wouldmake it so easy for her with Kyle and the girls schedules !! So we are very hopeful!!! She would start in January!!!
That's awesome Rosie!

Not much going on today. We stayed home and pretty much did nothing. The kids played on the computer and watched TV. I did some laundry, cleaned and homework.

I found out some really good news last night. I checked my bank account last night and found some extra money in there. Apparently the ex was made to pay more in child support for November.

I was then able to order Lindsey her b-day present...Disney on Ice Tickets. Her b-day isn't until New Year's Eve but I wanted to get some good tickets. If it's where I think it is we are in the second row from the ice. YAY! The show is on the 3rd of January so close enough to her b-day. I know she'll be excited.

That's about it for me. Night everyone and hope your having a good weekend!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #1584
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Hi all, I read but didn'tquote. I'm exhausted

Started out about 9:30 this morning giving out Scouting for Food pamphlets, then from there we picked upi Jimmy's friend and his dad for the SCout Day at the Constituion Center. We got home about 6:00. Ordered takeout for dinner. Jimmy is in bed, and I am going up in a few minutes.

I will give youall the details and pics of last night (getting his first badge) and today...tomorrow after soccer.

Have a great night all!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #1585
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Slow day !!! Where is everyone !!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #1586
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CE so glad the book fair went better than you thought and yes please put some more clothes on Have fun tonight and love you too
Now I've had a bra on nearly all day! Thanks about the fair - I'm feeling much better.

Hope you're sleeping well!

Quote:
Thing is though that when they got him he had fleas which they have got rid of but I now keep itching
Oh, I HATE when that happens.

Quote:
That would be so great! Hope it works out!

Quote:
Glad the bookfair turned out better than you expected. Hope you have a good time tonight!
Thanks, and we had a ball!

Quote:
I found out some really good news last night. I checked my bank account last night and found some extra money in there. Apparently the ex was made to pay more in child support for November.
Oh, that's great!

Quote:
I will give youall the details and pics of last night (getting his first badge) and today...tomorrow after soccer.

Have a great night all!
Can't wait to hear, get some rest, see you tomorrow!

So, yeah. We had a very nice night out! The restaurant was good and the company was awesome. The kids had fun, and all is well.

It's still raining though - though after Jo's story, I'm not complaining!

Anyway... Not much else to report. I hope everyone is enjoying their S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night! (sing along, now...)
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #1587
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone?????????????
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #1588
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Sounds fantastic, hope it all works out

Quote:
Wooohooooo

Quote:
Started out about 9:30 this morning giving out Scouting for Food pamphlets, then from there we picked upi Jimmy's friend and his dad for the SCout Day at the Constituion Center. We got home about 6:00. Ordered takeout for dinner. Jimmy is in bed, and I am going up in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Now I've had a bra on nearly all day!

Quote:
Where is everyone?????????????
Not sure Rosie, it's been quiet on here for ages!!!

Mel and Deb check in so we know you're OK

We spent today watching a 10 y/o boy that David teaches play a competition and OMG it's the male version of your beauty pageants. The parents are so competitive and it seems the kids have no fun I'm so pleased the girls don't want to do that We then checked the school website when we got home and much to the girls disgust the school is open tomorrow I think they must have exagerated the sewage problem as there is no way they'd have been able to sort it all out in that time. Oh well means Dave and I can do something tomorrow
Old 11-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #1589
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Wow, it is QUIET!

Must be because Janet went back to work. LY, J!

Not much going on. Maddie's been sick all weekend. She's got this weird wet cough she can't seem to get rid of, but thankfully no fever or anything, she does tired easily though.

My DBro and SIL are coming over this afternoon. She's had 3 chemo treatments so far and is feeling really good.

I just have to hit the grocery today and then we've got no other plans. I'm dying to head to DLR and see all the Christmas decorations, though. OH well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #1590
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Today's Aiden's bday party!

Thank goodness for K who jumped in and did all the things I was feeling to sick to day yesterday.

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: