Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #1561
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hi Fockers!

I'm popping in to say a quick hello! I'm reading along. I'll try to get back on here tomorrow.

Hugs to all.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1562
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Evening All !! Just home from 2nd job !!!What a HOOT!!

From the one gal who when the Fireman was saying if there's a fire GET OUT.. she hopped outta her wheelchair Can't remember if that was before or after her singing "Take me out to the Ball Game !!" Then when they showed a Movie she noticed the guy next to her was doozing and VERY LOUDLY said WAKE UP you have to watch a movie !! By this time I was in hysterics and to top it off the very ending the Fireman says "Stay Low "" and one of them gotdown on the floor and crawled !!!!!!I tellyou I LOVE these guys they are sooooo REAL!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #1563
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Checking in---BA cheered basketball tonite so we are tired. She is feeling better but still tired.

CE--don't stress over how much you made at the book fair---labor was free! I was always amazed at the moms that bought several $100 worth of books---and we were walking distance to the library!

I'm such a book addict myself tho that I have to use the library weekly or I'd spend a small fortune on books---and then storage FOR the books! (But I do buy the ones that I like to read over and over!---Evanovich ones are good to keep!)

Jo--way to thrash those golf ladies!

Well, Daran called and his plane landed so he should be home soon---just was gone for a nite to DC.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #1564
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post

From the one gal who when the Fireman was saying if there's a fire GET OUT.. she hopped outta her wheelchair Can't remember if that was before or after her singing "Take me out to the Ball Game !!" Then when they showed a Movie she noticed the guy next to her was doozing and VERY LOUDLY said WAKE UP you have to watch a movie !! By this time I was in hysterics and to top it off the very ending the Fireman says "Stay Low "" and one of them gotdown on the floor and crawled !!!!!!I tellyou I LOVE these guys they are sooooo REAL!!!!
That sounds just like the folks on our 3rd wing! Gotta love em!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #1565
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Just a quick update- Aiden doesn't have strep and neither do I. I did have some virus that causes canker sores in my throat which is why it hurts so much to swallow.

And, yes, I'm aware that sounds dirty... But it's not so clean it up!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #1566
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
She told me it was more for my kids and that they had a good Thanksgiving rather than my ex-h. I told her I really appreciated that and that that's all that matters to me. So, we'll see what happens on that one.
That's really nice of her to think of your kids. It must be so hard to be away from them for the holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Hi Fockers!

I'm popping in to say a quick hello! I'm reading along. I'll try to get back on here tomorrow.

Hugs to all.
Hi Kristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Checking in---BA cheered basketball tonite so we are tired. She is feeling better but still tired.
Glad she is feeling a bit better!

Quote:
I'm such a book addict myself tho that I have to use the library weekly or I'd spend a small fortune on books
WE do spend a small fortune, but mostly for Jimmy. We take himt to the library weekly, so doe the book fairs I don't mind spending a bit of money, KWIM? He has 2 3 shelf bookcases in his room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post

Who us

================

Happy Friday Fockers. Got into work alittle early so I can leave a little early to get Jimmy ready for his big Cub Scout Pack Meeting tonight. He gets his Bobcast badge tonight Then is my dinner with the girls which should be fun.

Tomorrow we start the scouting for food project (Collecting canned goods for Philabundance) then a trip to the National Constitution Center for scout day.

Sunday is soccer, grocery shopping and laundry day.

Busy weekend for us.

Hope everyone has a good one. Will check back later!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #1567
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

As most of you probably read the girls were sent home from school today as their school was flooded. Other than ending up on their bus for about 3 hours they loved coming home After reading on the school website it seems that loads of the buildings were flooded and sewage contaminated the rooms too Also all the alarm system went down. It continued to rain all day and loads is forecast for tomorrow but they reckon they'll reopen Monday, personally I can't see it as surely it's a huge clean up operation as it involved sewage?!?!?

Anyway their friend came round as her Mum was at work and she brought the film Coraline with her. OMG what a weird, disturbing, horrid film and it's a low rating too Jess went off and made cakes so she didn't have to watch
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #1568
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Hi Fockers!
Hi Kristel

Quote:
From the one gal who when the Fireman was saying if there's a fire GET OUT.. she hopped outta her wheelchair Can't remember if that was before or after her singing "Take me out to the Ball Game !!" Then when they showed a Movie she noticed the guy next to her was doozing and VERY LOUDLY said WAKE UP you have to watch a movie !! By this time I was in hysterics and to top it off the very ending the Fireman says "Stay Low "" and one of them gotdown on the floor and crawled !!!I tellyou I LOVE these guys they are sooooo REAL!!!!
I'm laughing just reading it! You know my husband does that to me when we're watching a movie - if I'm dozing off he lets me know - I HATE that!

Quote:
I'm such a book addict myself tho that I have to use the library weekly or I'd spend a small fortune on books---and then storage FOR the books! (But I do buy the ones that I like to read over and over!---Evanovich ones are good to keep!)
I know what you mean - I love books and I think I singlehandedly keep Amazon in business. I'm trying to downsize my book collection (because of the storage issue), but I do re-read a lot of them!

Quote:
I did have some virus that causes canker sores in my throat which is why it hurts so much to swallow.
Oh my, SOUNDS like it hurts something fierce!

Quote:
Who thought it was dirty???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Tomorrow we start the scouting for food project (Collecting canned goods for Philabundance) then a trip to the National Constitution Center for scout day.
I went to the NCC a couple of years ago for the first time. I loved it, I really want to go again because we didn't get to see everything! Good luck to Jimmy tonight and have fun at your dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
As most of you probably read the girls were sent home from school today as their school was flooded. Other than ending up on their bus for about 3 hours they loved coming home After reading on the school website it seems that loads of the buildings were flooded and sewage contaminated the rooms too Also all the alarm system went down. It continued to rain all day and loads is forecast for tomorrow but they reckon they'll reopen Monday, personally I can't see it as surely it's a huge clean up operation as it involved sewage?!?!?
Oh no, what a mess! What happened - was it weather or did something break? Eeewwww!

Quote:
Anyway their friend came round as her Mum was at work and she brought the film Coraline with her. OMG what a weird, disturbing, horrid film and it's a low rating too Jess went off and made cakes so she didn't have to watch
Bummer I wanted to see that - don't think so now. Thanks for the review!
------------------------------------------
TGIF!! We're having a major junk food dinner for our Friday night TV Date Night (Ghost Whisperer and Medium) I bought some strombolis a friend at work was selling as a fundraiser for her daughter (for their dance class to go WDW - how could I refuse?). Then I have some leftover shredded chicken and bread rounds so thought I'd make the Buffalo Chicken dip too. Oh, and a glass of wine of course

Tomorrow I hope to get my pantry cleaned out and organized (way overdue) and the kitchen floor cleaned (also way overdue ) Then I'm taking Lilly to get her photo taken with Santa - they're having a photographer come to her day camp to do the photos. She has a little Mrs. Claus dress so I'm hoping the photo comes out really cute so I can use it on our Christmas cards this year. Since my kids are too big to dress up cute and put on cards, at least I have Lilly

We're definitely taking the whole clan to see the new Disney Christmas Carol in 3D on Sunday, so I'll give a review when we get back. We were supposed to go last week, but DH, son and daughter decided they wanted to see Boondock Saints II. I said go for it, I'll stay home and quilt

Have a great Friday everyone!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #1569
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad BA is feeling better!

Quote:
Just a quick update- Aiden doesn't have strep and neither do I. I did have some virus that causes canker sores in my throat which is why it hurts so much to swallow.

OUCH!

Quote:
That's really nice of her to think of your kids. It must be so hard to be away from them for the holidays
Thanks They won't be that far from me since he will be having them in Pittsburgh, but yeah I hate not having the holidays with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Happy Friday Fockers. Got into work alittle early so I can leave a little early to get Jimmy ready for his big Cub Scout Pack Meeting tonight. He gets his Bobcast badge tonight Then is my dinner with the girls which should be fun.
Sounds like a great night and WTG Jimmy on the new badge!

Quote:

Oh man...that completely stinks about the school! I've heard the same thing about the Coraline movie. I see that it's on our PPV here and I always bypass it.

Good Afternoon Fockers!

I had class this morning. We were doing presentations and our group is delayed until next week. More time to prepare.

DR is feeling a little under the weather. He has been so cranky and whiney lately and he's still complaining that his ear hurts him. He finishes his antibiotics on Monday and if he's still complaining I guess we'll be going in to see his doc.

Not much else going on. We have no plans for this weekend and I just plan on taking it easy and relaxing. Both the kids have a birthday party to go to tomorrow but with the way DR is feeling I don't think we'll make it. We'll see what happens though and how he's feeling tomorrow.

OK, enough for me for now. Hope y'all have a good day!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #1570
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
TGIF!! We're having a major junk food dinner for our Friday night TV Date Night (Ghost Whisperer and Medium) I bought some strombolis a friend at work was selling as a fundraiser for her daughter (for their dance class to go WDW - how could I refuse?). Then I have some leftover shredded chicken and bread rounds so thought I'd make the Buffalo Chicken dip too. Oh, and a glass of wine of course

Tomorrow I hope to get my pantry cleaned out and organized (way overdue) and the kitchen floor cleaned (also way overdue ) Then I'm taking Lilly to get her photo taken with Santa - they're having a photographer come to her day camp to do the photos. She has a little Mrs. Claus dress so I'm hoping the photo comes out really cute so I can use it on our Christmas cards this year. Since my kids are too big to dress up cute and put on cards, at least I have Lilly

We're definitely taking the whole clan to see the new Disney Christmas Carol in 3D on Sunday, so I'll give a review when we get back. We were supposed to go last week, but DH, son and daughter decided they wanted to see Boondock Saints II. I said go for it, I'll stay home and quilt

Mmmmmmm...I think I'm coming to your house for dinner. I have nothin planned and as of right now it's looking like a leftover night.

The Santa pic sounds fun! Hope it turns out for ya. I need to start getting some pics of my kids so I can do ours.

Have fun seeing a Christmas Carol. I'd love to take my kids to see it but I don't think they'd sit through it all. I guess we'll wait until next year when it comes out in DVD.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #1571
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ewwww. I don't see how they can have everything cleaned and sanitized by then

Quote:
Looked a little weird when I saw the previews!

Quote:
I went to the NCC a couple of years ago for the first time. I loved it, I really want to go again because we didn't get to see everything! Good luck to Jimmy tonight and have fun at your dinner!
I;m really looking forward it. I hope the weather is better tomorrow becsue we are also supposed to ride the ducks!

[QUOTE=dlwharp;34321139]TGIF!! We're having a major junk food dinner for our Friday night TV Date Night (Ghost Whisperer and Medium) I bought some strombolis a friend at work was selling as a fundraiser for her daughter (for their dance class to go WDW - how could I refuse?). Then I have some leftover shredded chicken and bread rounds so thought I'd make the Buffalo Chicken dip too. Oh, and a glass of wine of course [/QUOTE}

Man, if I wasn't going out with friends I'd come to your house for dinner

Quote:
Thanks They won't be that far from me since he will be having them in Pittsburgh, but yeah I hate not having the holidays with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
DR is feeling a little under the weather. He has been so cranky and whiney lately and he's still complaining that his ear hurts him. He finishes his antibiotics on Monday and if he's still complaining I guess we'll be going in to see his doc.
Hope he feels better

--------------

This day is never freaking ending....

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #1572
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Not much else going on. We have no plans for this weekend and I just plan on taking it easy and relaxing. Both the kids have a birthday party to go to tomorrow but with the way DR is feeling I don't think we'll make it. We'll see what happens though and how he's feeling tomorrow.
Awww, I hope DR feels better soon

I like no-plan weekends

Quote:
Mmmmmmm...I think I'm coming to your house for dinner. I have nothin planned and as of right now it's looking like a leftover night.
Sure, come'on over (Southwest has cheap fights to Philly )

Quote:
Man, if I wasn't going out with friends I'd come to your house for dinner
And you actually could It's in the oven and smelling mighty good

Quote:
This day is never freaking ending....
Isn't that always the way when you're looking forward to something!

--------------

Good Friday night everyone!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #1573
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hey everyone. I am stuck using th crap-top because KC was (yet again) asked to work from home for a few hours. Turns out the guy he's covering for's wife had a mild case of swine flu! So we are stuck home instead of going to the concert we were gonna see.

I went to the dr this afternoon. it was quick and painless. my ears never popped when we flew to WDW and they are clogged with congestion. So i got a prescription for a decongestant which I start tonight before bed and got orders to drink lots of hot liquids to break up the ear congestion. I am just thankful it's not an ear infection and that it cost us only $80 total.

Tomorrow night we planned an at home date night (to save monies). We are gonna pop some corn, dim the lights and watch a movie. Monday I am back to work sothe next few days are gonna be savored.

Hop you are all having a good friday the 13th...I'm gonna keep watching my Buffy marathon and relax.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #1574
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

FRIDAY!
Yes! It is my actual Friday too. As in my last night of work for the week.

Quote:

From the one gal who when the Fireman was saying if there's a fire GET OUT.. she hopped outta her wheelchair. Can't remember if that was before or after her singing "Take me out to the Ball Game !!" Then when they showed a Movie she noticed the guy next to her was doozing and VERY LOUDLY said WAKE UP you have to watch a movie !! By this time I was in hysterics and to top it off the very ending the Fireman says "Stay Low "" and one of them gotdown on the floor and crawled !!!I tellyou I LOVE these guys they are sooooo REAL!!!!
That lady sounds like a real hoot! I'm glad the 'fire' presentation was not boring!

Quote:

on the no strep. No wonder you are hurting! Sounds like a job for the good old chicken soup!

Quote:
Happy Friday Fockers. Got into work alittle early so I can leave a little early to get Jimmy ready for his big Cub Scout Pack Meeting tonight. He gets his Bobcast badge tonight. Then is my dinner with the girls which should be fun.

Sunday is soccer, grocery shopping and laundry day.

Busy weekend for us.

Hope everyone has a good one. Will check back later!
Can you get us a picture of Jimmy with all his badges? Kudos on the canned food project. Have a fun weekend.

Quote:
As most of you probably read the girls were sent home from school today as their school was flooded. Other than ending up on their bus for about 3 hours they loved coming home. After reading on the school website it seems that loads of the buildings were flooded and sewage contaminated the rooms too. Also all the alarm system went down. It continued to rain all day and loads is forecast for tomorrow but they reckon they'll reopen Monday, personally I can't see it as surely it's a huge clean up operation as it involved sewage?!?!?

Anyway their friend came round as her Mum was at work and she brought the film Coraline with her. OMG what a weird, disturbing, horrid film and it's a low rating too. Jess went off and made cakes so she didn't have to watch
YUK! That is wild. Doug and I watched Coraline a few weeks back. I liked it but I would not let young ones see it. It was a bit whacked!

Quote:
TGIF!! We're having a major junk food dinner for our Friday night TV Date Night (Ghost Whisperer and Medium). I bought some strombolis a friend at work was selling as a fundraiser for her daughter (for their dance class to go WDW - how could I refuse?. Then I have some leftover shredded chicken and bread rounds so thought I'd make the Buffalo Chicken dip too. Oh, and a glass of wine of course.

Tomorrow I hope to get my pantry cleaned out and organized (way overdue) and the kitchen floor cleaned (also way overdue ) Then I'm taking Lilly to get her photo taken with Santa - they're having a photographer come to her day camp to do the photos. She has a little Mrs. Claus dress so I'm hoping the photo comes out really cute so I can use it on our Christmas cards this year. Since my kids are too big to dress up cute and put on cards, at least I have Lilly.

We're definitely taking the whole clan to see the new Disney Christmas Carol in 3D on Sunday, so I'll give a review when we get back. We were supposed to go last week, but DH, son and daughter decided they wanted to see Boondock Saints II. I said go for it, I'll stay home and quilt.

Strombolis sound delish. I haven't had one of those in a long time. And all for a good cause!
Have fun at the movie and with Santa.

Quote:
Good Afternoon Fockers!

I had class this morning. We were doing presentations and our group is delayed until next week. More time to prepare.

OK, enough for me for now. Hope y'all have a good day!
Poor DR! I hope he gets better instead of worse. Cool that you get to wait on presentation. I'll be in your neck of the woods, kinda, tomorrow. One of these times that I'm headed over to Ohio we'll have to meet up. Usually I try to stay from Friday to Suday. This quick trip was just a last minute thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Hey everyone. I am stuck using th crap-top because KC was (yet again) asked to work from home for a few hours. Turns out the guy he's covering for's wife had a mild case of swine flu! So we are stuck home instead of going to the concert we were gonna see.

I went to the dr this afternoon. it was quick and painless. my ears never popped when we flew to WDW and they are clogged with congestion. So i got a prescription for a decongestant which I start tonight before bed and got orders to drink lots of hot liquids to break up the ear congestion. I am just thankful it's not an ear infection and that it cost us only $80 total.

Tomorrow night we planned an at home date night (to save monies). We are gonna pop some corn, dim the lights and watch a movie. Monday I am back to work sothe next few days are gonna be savored.

Hop you are all having a good friday the 13th...I'm gonna keep watching my Buffy marathon and relax.
'Craptop' -
It's too bad that KC has to finish vacation by working. Not fair! Your 'date' plans are smart! Have a great one!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I won't be back here until Sunday or Monday. Yep, I'm gonna act like you will all miss me very much. We probably won't get back home from Ohio until late afternoon/evening on Sunday. We are taking Max with us. The other 2 dogs are staying at grandma's.

Monday will be busy with cleaning - major. Both floors.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Old 11-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #1575
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Uh, so after Aiden's appt yesterday I took him to school so I could get a nap before my appt. As you know, I had some sort of virus that caused canker sores in my mouth. I wasn't going to go to school for the kids' Thanksgiving lunches today because I really needed the rest and I felt so bad after I got home last night. But my sweet little Camryn was upset because she was presenting her pumpkin story to the class and parents were invited.

Since I felt better this morning & even though I wasn't fever-free for 24 hours, I went ahead and went to both lunches, then Camryn's presentation. (Do you see where this is going? I bet you don't... ) When we got home I had an urgent call from the doctor.

You think I mean my doctor, don't you?

Aiden's quick test for strep was negative, but his extended test came back positive. Nice... I just took my kid to school half of Thursday and all Friday with strep. Hey, not my fault, man.

So, between the two of us, I think we should be better by Aiden's bday party Sunday afternoon. He's actually acting completely normal, so I was surprised he was sick. No fever, no complaining, nothing! Weird, right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: