Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #1516
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today. All is well. They are keeping him overnight, but he should be home tomorrow. Heck of a way to celebrate your 80th birthday eh!
That's good--my FIL had one put in in May and is doing great--he did cardiac rehab for 12 weeks too and has lost 25#!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #1517
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Man, you know what the street value on those would be
That would have supplemented my income whilst Mitch is gone.

Quote:
Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today.
Glad to hear he's ok, and that just means a birthday do over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I checked with my teacher after class though to see what my grade was and my average came out to be a solid B so I'm happy with that. Hopefully I can get A's on the last 3 test we have in there and either end up with an A- or B+. Wish me luck!
Way to go! How much longer do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
J Trust me on this folks --if you can get the vaccine, get it...cause this stinks!
Good advice. Hope she feels better tomorrow.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #1518
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet - to your dad and keep us updated
Thanks Lori!

Quote:
I checked with my teacher after class though to see what my grade was and my average came out to be a solid B so I'm happy with that. Hopefully I can get A's on the last 3 test we have in there and either end up with an A- or B+. Wish me luck!
Luck!

Quote:
We've done dinner and I'm about to head to the librarby with DR for storytime.
We just got back from the library with Jimmy

Quote:
Just another day in Fluville! She is starting to feel a little better so may try school tomorrow. Trust me on this folks --if you can get the vaccine, get it...cause this stinks!
Peditrician still doesn't have it. One of the girls that works for me (boy that sounds really bad if you don't know what I do for a living)...anyway, all 3 od her kids are down with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE
We used to have smartboards in TX and SC...none here which isn't surprising. Teachers don't have computers.
Jim has one in his classroom and he loves it! In Jimmy's school the upper grades (6,7, & 8) all have them. We (the Home and School) are trying to get them for grades 2, 3, 4, 5 and the upper grade special ed class. We are also probably going to purchase portable ones for the K and 1st grades to share, as they probaly won't use them as often as the older grades

Quote:
That's good--my FIL had one put in in May and is doing great--he did cardiac rehab for 12 weeks too and has lost 25#!
My dad had one put in abour 20 years ago, so pretty good I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Not that Iwould know such things

Quote:
Glad to hear he's ok, and that just means a birthday do over.
His birthday was actually last week, but any excuse to party! He is in a hospital in Orlando, but not sure which one.

===========================

Home from the library. Jimmy got some books and movies. PLayed on the computer for a bit and then we came home. It was kind of a catch as catch can for dinner. I'm not hungry. Jim had left over tacos and Jimmy had scrambled eggs and toast.

Tomorrow we are all off for Veteren's Day, but we have a ton of running to do. We have an OT eval at 8:30am, then a pediatrician appt at 2:30, then a medication check with the psychiatrist at 5:00. It's gonna be a loooooooooooong day

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #1519
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
You'll be pleased to know that a black lady made it onto the panel, she's a Doctor too!!! And don't know a thing!
oh and I see Marc made it, too. I'm guessing he's brown folk in some way shape or form. Nice to see some variety on there representing.

I hope you guys don't think that I think white ain't right... 'cause I love all my Vanilla Wafer friends just as much as my Oreo's! I'd dunk each and every ONE of you in a glass of milk... or chocolate milk.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #1520
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I hope you guys don't think that I think white ain't right... 'cause I love all my Vanilla Wafer friends just as much as my Oreo's! I'd dunk each and every ONE of you in a glass of milk... or chocolate milk.
Thanks...I think

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #1521
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDisney23 View Post
Hi Rose,

How ya doin'. Should we tell everyone about the "thong lady" at POP..... Are you going back in 2010. Great meeting ya this year!
Judy still laughs about how you would "tactfully" tell her to wear a towel!!!Mz Disney was at Pop with us this September and Judy shared the "sight "we had seen earlier of a THONG wearing woman !! Kyle said "MOM you can see her BUM!!!!" Steph said "That'sdisgusting "" Ms Diz siad she'd have given her a towel !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #1522
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

g:
I missed something here.....

++++++++++++++

Psst....Hey T........what's an oreo??

I thought about naming my kitty that but BA had picked Boots. We had decided we were a "culturally diverse" family--
got 1 white dog
got 1 brown dog
got 1 black and white cat
got 1 multi-colored cat who hates the above black and white one!

that's about as culturally diverse as it gets around here--we're all pretty much related!

+++++++++++

Speaking of which....did I tell u all about Ab and the pig??? (if so, read anyway, it's still funny!)

So....these...uh...."backwood folks" (so as not to use the politically offensive term for people in this area of "hillbilly")

anyway....they have LOTS of critters....roaming all around their little house.....chickens...dogs....cats....pony....cow on a rope.....and a pig!
The pig is often in the road and you have to swerve so I had cautioned Ab to be careful.....the other day she is coming home from school....pig in road....she stops....and begins talking to the pig! "Hey piggie"....come here little piggie" (the thing is 1/3 the size of her van)..........then the man comes out.....(and no, he didn't have his shotgun)....I asked.....Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

Gotta love life in the hollers.....

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #1523
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Thanks...I think

Quote:

Psst....Hey T........what's an oreo??
A brown peep.

Quote:
I thought about naming my kitty that but BA had picked Boots. We had decided we were a "culturally diverse" family--
got 1 white dog
got 1 brown dog
got 1 black and white cat
got 1 multi-colored cat who hates the above black and white one!
Wow, you are a melting pop homestead, aren't you?

Quote:
that's about as culturally diverse as it gets around here--we're all pretty much related!
I bet.

Quote:
So....these...uh...."backwood folks" (so as not to use the politically offensive term for people in this area of "hillbilly")

anyway....they have LOTS of critters....roaming all around their little house.....chickens...dogs....cats....pony....cow on a rope.....and a pig!
The pig is often in the road and you have to swerve so I had cautioned Ab to be careful.....the other day she is coming home from school....pig in road....she stops....and begins talking to the pig! "Hey piggie"....come here little piggie" (the thing is 1/3 the size of her van)..........then the man comes out.....(and no, he didn't have his shotgun)....I asked.....Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

All I can think of now is there was free bacon in the road.

WARNING VENT TIME:

So you all know I lead a Brownie troop, right? Well tonight a few of the girls were on horrible behaviour. They were rude and disruptive during our meeting and I was ready to snap. My asst. leader stepped and asked them to show some respect and to act their age. They still were acting up towards the end of the meeting.

I'm so ready to send their parents an email saying I am not a babysitter & I shouldn't have to put up with disruptive behaviour and if the girls cannot behave, they will be asked to leave. What do you think? Too harsh? Were we all just having a bad day? Do I see what the behaviour is like next week? Do I have a talk with the girls as group next week? HELP!

Honestly, I don't like feeling this way. I know I volunteered to take this troop, but still I'm not a freakin' rug. I truly enjoy doing this, but when things go bad, I wish I could just walk away.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #1524
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
So after literally 15 x-rays, a student was there today so they were called in to watch, Mitch does not have a broken hip. Which is exactly what he said.
Phew but really I'm sure he would have known if he'd broken it

Quote:
Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today. All is well. They are keeping him overnight, but he should be home tomorrow. Heck of a way to celebrate your 80th birthday eh!
Hope it all went well

Quote:
Good luck

Quote:
Just another day in Fluville! She is starting to feel a little better so may try school tomorrow. Trust me on this folks --if you can get the vaccine, get it...cause this stinks!

Quote:
oh and I see Marc made it, too. I'm guessing he's brown folk in some way shape or form. Nice to see some variety on there representing.
He looks pretty white on his photo but I think you'll be very happy!!!!!

Quote:
:Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

Quote:
WARNING VENT TIME:
I know exactly how you feel, some of the parents used to treat my Rainbow group (5-7 y/o) as a baby sitting service Can you do a 3 warnings then you're out system? That's what they do at our boys groups!

Cleaning day today, plus ironing and answering questions, that's if I can drag myself away from the laptop
Old 11-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #1525
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hi!

ROSIE is managing a K-mart in her spare time.

LESSA booked a secret cruise on the new ship for 2011. She wants to surprise her mom. She got 100% on her a couple of tests/papers at school.
WAY TO GO!

CE is busy.
I'd be so pooped with all that you have going on.

JANET said Jimmy got a certificate for reading 60 books so far for the school read-a-thon. He is the only lone that has read that many. She saw her eye doctor and all is well.
Tell Jimmy he is awesome! Great news from your doctor. Glad to hear your dad is doing well.

LORI says shopping cures all funks. Her town is hosting a film crew this week. Itís a movie with Denzel Washington in it.
Thatís very interesting.

JO says the Momís panel should be making their announcement.

KAT is going to the doctor about her ear on Fri.
Good luck with the ear. The food sounded yummo!

ANGELA says Mitchís hip is not broken and he got some major pain killers for it.
YIKES, 100 pills! I hope he heals up quickly.

TE says Ab is getting better. She gave us a look into Ďlife in the stixí.
Yep, gotta love it.

T says the Brownies have been stinkers lately.
Iíd just let the girls and the parents know that if they disrupt the meetings, they will be dismissed for the evening and the parents will be called to pick them up. Either they want to be a part of it or they donít. Itís their choice.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%

Iíve got all my clothing picked out for the WDW trip. I have a box with water, Coke and snacks ready to ship out in a couple of weeks. My binder is complete. The couple of weeks before the last week are always the worst.

Iím going to Ohio this weekend to visit Rockie and family. Just an over-nighter. Doug is making lasagna for us to take and share with them. I always try to make it easy on her while we visit. Itís expensive to feed 5 and I want to visit not watch her cook. Iíve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls. Plus since we missed her birthday she doesnít get the $75 card now.

I work the next 3 nights.

Have a good Veterans Day!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #1526
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lazydoxy66;34289308][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Hi!

Good Mrnin All !! Thaks Krystal for my morning laugh!!!

Jo is the list out for Mom's Panel and are you on it ?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #1527
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post

So is that job number 3,4,5?

Quote:
Iíve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls.
Shopping, yea!

My sister was spotting last week so she went to the doctor to make sure that everything is ok. It is, but she can't pick up Reid. He sort of understands that mommy doesn't feel well and can't pick him up, but he doesn't like it. My BIL is out tonight so she asked me to come over to help her get him ready for bed. She can't get him in the tub, has to change him on the floor and I'm not sure how she gets him up to the table. All these things you do without thinking. Not that I mind going over there.

Mitch is still in pain but didn't want to take any meds because he's filling prescriptions this morning. I certainly understand, but I hate that he doesn't feel well.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #1528
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This morning both of my Sirius radios quit working, the washing machine is leaking and Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?
I've read on and know it's not broken, but my first thought was "Hey, maybe he wouldn't have to deploy, then!" I'm glad it's not broken, though. Sorry about the radios!

Quote:
CE, sounds like the book fair is going well.
I think the running is going fine, but I think our sales are going to be low, low, low.

Quote:
Made the meeting twice as long as it needed to be
I'm sorry, though I can kind of understand the frustration of having to spend more. I would stop asking, though, once I was told no.

Quote:
They are white boards??? They allow teachers to hook their laptops up to the computer and then prject stuff onto the board. They are interactive too, their is a special pen they can use to write on them...here is the website with a picture
I've never seen them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So after much debate over my ear and being able to afford a Dr visit with no insurance, I have an appointment for Friday at noon.
Hope it's no big deal.

Quote:
I saw that on FB, hope he's doing OK.

Quote:
Good luck!

Quote:
Tomorrow we are all off for Veteren's Day, but we have a ton of running to do. We have an OT eval at 8:30am, then a pediatrician appt at 2:30, then a medication check with the psychiatrist at 5:00. It's gonna be a loooooooooooong day
Hope it's all good, though.

Quote:
You make me laugh.

Quote:
Speaking of which....did I tell u all about Ab and the pig??? (if so, read anyway, it's still funny!)
OMG!

Quote:
Honestly, I don't like feeling this way. I know I volunteered to take this troop, but still I'm not a freakin' rug. I truly enjoy doing this, but when things go bad, I wish I could just walk away.
I'm sorry, hon. Maybe send an e-mail to ALL the parents, saying you're going to have to institute a 3 strikes and you're out policy? That way, you're not targeting just the one group, you're not starting a fight, it's just policy, etc., etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Cleaning day today, plus ironing and answering questions, that's if I can drag myself away from the laptop
I plan on being on the couch nearly all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
CE is busy.
I'd be so pooped with all that you have going on.
Only two more days!

Quote:
Iím going to Ohio this weekend to visit Rockie and family. Just an over-nighter. Doug is making lasagna for us to take and share with them. I always try to make it easy on her while we visit. Itís expensive to feed 5 and I want to visit not watch her cook. Iíve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls. Plus since we missed her birthday she doesnít get the $75 card now.
Sounds good all around!

Quote:
My sister was spotting last week so she went to the doctor to make sure that everything is ok. It is, but she can't pick up Reid. He sort of understands that mommy doesn't feel well and can't pick him up, but he doesn't like it. My BIL is out tonight so she asked me to come over to help her get him ready for bed. She can't get him in the tub, has to change him on the floor and I'm not sure how she gets him up to the table. All these things you do without thinking. Not that I mind going over there.
Aw, poor thing. I spotted, too - it's what sent me to the dr. for an early ultrasound, only to find out that I was getting two - and it turned out OK. I feel bad for her, not being able to do her "normal" routine.

Quote:
Mitch is still in pain but didn't want to take any meds because he's filling prescriptions this morning. I certainly understand, but I hate that he doesn't feel well.
Oh, poor guy.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #1529
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

I decided on a separate post for my own stuff...

Loooong day yesterday. I got to school at 8:00 to start setting up. The problem is that I am in the all-purpose room, which is also used for lunch and by the after-school program, so when there are people in the building when I'm not, I have to put things away. The fair came with 10 "cases" that close up and latch, fully loaded, and I just have to put those against the wall, but around half the books have to be placed on display tables, on top of the cases, etc., and those get boxed up every evening, only to be pulled out in the morning.

So, I was trying to get all set for the first class to roll through at 9:30, but I did know they were doing a Veteran's Day assembly at 9:00. With the whole school attending (432 students) I assumed they'd be in the gym. But, they needed the projection screen for the Powerpoint presentation of family member vets (which is totally nice and awesome) but that meant it was in the APR. So I couldn't set up the display tables.

We rolled most of the cases into the hallway, put the books on top of them, then SUPER quickly piled books on the tables after the assembly (which they said would be 20 minutes and instead was 40) for the first class. I was supposed to have 2 more people helping me than showed up, all because of flu, so what can you do? I don't blame them, but it was harder.

We were able to move the cases back in the break between classes.

We had only the 3 classes in on Monday, but we had 6 yesterday. I had to leave at 11:30 for the tennis match. Last year's chair came and took over for me, thank goodness, and I did manage to cobble together enough people that she always had two more helpers (4 people are ideal, but...)

We had fun with the tennis, though we lost. The first set was very close, the second, we got blown out (oh well) but then I had to book it back to school.

One of my evening helpers was out due to sick kids, so we were kind of swamped for a bit during the p-t conferences, but it worked out. D & the boys stayed to help us break down. Normally, on the "late" nights where it's open for the conferences, you can even leave the tables up, as you're going to be the first people back in the school the next day, but with no school today, well... I should be able to leave it up tomorrow night.

I've not talked to my co-chair since Monday evening. She definitely has the flu - her DH is an internist, and he got her Tamiflu, so I don't know if she'll be good tomorrow or not. I have plenty of daytime coverage tomorrow, but without her, I think I'm alone from 3:00-6:00, which is not good. You really need someone on the cash box and someone to help find books and so forth in the APR (where the cash box isn't...) So, I probably need to try to scare someone else up for that. Sigh.

Plus, as I mentioned in the last post to someone, I think our sales are tanking. Having not done it before, I can't compare in my head, but last fall's sale did $9500 total (we don't keep that all, but still, that's the number I have...) and last spring's went down to $8800. As of last night, I'd done cash and check deposits only of about $2200. With only two more days to go, I can't see getting $6-7000 more. We do have 9 classes coming through tomorrow (all 4 kindergarten classes, plus two 4th grades are sharing a slot) so that's good, and then being open through the evening should help, where Monday was so not busy, comparatively, and Friday has at least 4 classes... So maybe we'll do better than half with half the days to go, if YKWIM, but still...

So now I'm beating myself up to think of what we could have done differently, but I think the answer is truly "nothing." We promoted as much or more than they did last year, the kids are excited about it, it's just that people aren't spending. Which I understand, but I feel bad, you know? I hate to be in charge of something that's not doing so well, even if it's not my fault.

D has to fly this afternoon into late tonight, and he took off for the gym, first, so he's gone. We're going out with friends on Saturday to celebrate our anniversary, which is today. I think I'll be celebrating the end of this week, too!

I'll be around - we have no plans today, and I'm just feeling still a bit crazed. I thought I'd feel better and less stressed after yesterday, but different things are popping up, like the sales, to stress me out now. Sigh. I want an easy day, but I'm afraid my kids will be bored and sad if we don't do stuff, and I get that, too.

Anyway, I'll be back! Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #1530
askelton
Disney Cosmo

CE, I totally understand about your sales, but you're right, people aren't spending as much. And you know how some people wait until the last minute to do things, so maybe you'll have better sales later in the week. It does sound like a lot of work to pack and unpack everything, but you have to use the room you have available. Although next year when they ask you to chair again, you'll know exactly what to do. You're so organized and diligent.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: