Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #1501
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Morning Fockers!

Hi Janet, Rosie and V!

I've been studying this morning and have class this afternoon. I'm about to get dinner started and in the crock pot so it will be ready when we get home. DR and I have storytime at the library tonight so it'll be a quick dinner and then head over there.

Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday, but a major film crew is here in the little town about 5 minutes from my house filming a major movie. Here's a link from the news telling a little bit more about it. I wonder if that means Denzel is in town???

http://www.wtov9.com/news/21561836/detail.html

Gotta run! Have a good Tuesday everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #1502
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I'm not in the mood to quote either - sorry

Lessa wow that's fantastic about the cruise, your Mum is so lucky

CE hope your volunteers work out and Janet good luck at the Dr

Had the golf AGM today, it's OK but a little boring, we then had 9 holes afterwards in the light rain We halfed (drew) though and the team won so

Today is probably the day we hear who has made it onto the Moms Panel, hope they make the right choices!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #1503
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Morning! Nothing to report; no time to quote. All is well.
Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Had the golf AGM today, it's OK but a little boring, we then had 9 holes afterwards in the light rain We halfed (drew) though and the team won so
Congrats

Quote:
Today is probably the day we hear who has made it onto the Moms Panel, hope they make the right choices!!!!

===========================

Back from the doctor. All is well. He lowered the meds again and I go back to see him after the new year Will be leaving again in a few minutes to drop my scripts off at the pharmacy and then head to school for my meeting. Think I am going to blow the laundry mat off today and just releax for the afternoon. I'll make Jim go on Sunday after soccer

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #1504
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
I'm not in the mood to quote either - sorry
Ditto that!

Quote:
I was bummed to read Glo dropped out. She was my pick. I hope they have a nice variety this year, IYKWIM.
Have you heard what your status is, Jo?

Janet -

Lessa - You're such a good daughter. WTG on the high marks!

Hi Everyone else!

I've gotta run and cut Andy's hair and then take TE to Macy's for some retail therapy. I need to find Maddie a jacket/coat. She finally outgrew her puffy jacket from Kinder.

Later, chicks!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #1505
askelton
Disney Cosmo

This morning both of my Sirius radios quit working, the washing machine is leaking and Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?

Janet, about the doctor.
Lessa, awesome!
JO, WTG Jess.

Lori, take some pick for us. When I worked at a doctors office in Memphis Courtney Love and Crispin Glover came there whilst they were in town filming The People vs Larry Flint.

CE, sounds like the book fair is going well.

T, I saw Macy's is having a sale, shocking!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #1506
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
. I need to find Maddie a jacket/coat. She finally outgrew her puffy jacket from Kinder.
Don't you hate when that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
This morning both of my Sirius radios quit working, the washing machine is leaking and Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?
OMG Angela, keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
See, you need to become a professional shopper!

-----------------------

Back from the meeting at school. Can I vent here and say I HATE OUR HOME AND SCHOOL PRESIDENT! She makes everything so much more difficult than it needs to be We were havig a meeting about the purchase of Smartboards for the classrooms. She was arguing with the principal that she found them for a better price than what we were given. 4 times she was told that we had to purchase from the approved school district vendor. She wasn't getting it. Made the meeting twice as long as it needed to be

Old 11-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #1507
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
This Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?
Como say WHAT???

Quote:
OMG, they're having some really great deals! I helped my mom pick a out a few xmas gifts out for my niece and bought Maddie a really cute Roxy jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Back from the meeting at school. Can I vent here and say I HATE OUR HOME AND SCHOOL PRESIDENT! She makes everything so much more difficult than it needs to be We were havig a meeting about the purchase of Smartboards for the classrooms. She was arguing with the principal that she found them for a better price than what we were given. 4 times she was told that we had to purchase from the approved school district vendor. She wasn't getting it. Made the meeting twice as long as it needed to be
Oh man Janet. She sounds like a tonta.

WTH are smartboards??

Well we had a successful shopping trip. I got the kids some things and on our way out, I realized I got nothing for myself! Something just ain't right, I tell ya!

Mads gets out in a half hour, so I'd better get going soon.

BBL!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #1508
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WTH are smartboards??
They are white boards??? They allow teachers to hook their laptops up to the computer and then prject stuff onto the board. They are interactive too, their is a special pen they can use to write on them...here is the website with a picture
http://www.prometheanworld.com/serve...omethean+board

Quote:
Well we had a successful shopping trip. I got the kids some things and on our way out, I realized I got nothing for myself! Something just ain't right, I tell ya!
SOunds like the need for another trip to me

Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #1509
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hello all.

So after much debate over my ear and being able to afford a Dr visit with no insurance, I have an appointment for Friday at noon. It was the first available appt. I feel better to be going, and pretty sure I just need an antibiotic and will be fine. I had tubes in my ears as a kid and am deathly afraid of ear infections since I got none as a kid and only ONE as an adult.

The 2nd week of vacation has been very mellow. We have been upgrading the pc to Windows 7 and basically just hanging around. We did the grocery shopping yesterday and that was about it.

Tonight Pants is coming over for his souvenirs and I ma making my spinach/artichoke/mushroom pasta bake w a salad on the side. For dessert I am making pumpkin gobs! So i need to get cooking and baking.

Have a great day all!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #1510
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Back from the doctor. All is well. He lowered the meds again and I go back to see him after the new year
Fantastic

Quote:
I was bummed to read Glo dropped out. She was my pick. I hope they have a nice variety this year, IYKWIM.
Have you heard what your status is, Jo?
You'll be pleased to know that a black lady made it onto the panel, she's a Doctor too!!! And don't know a thing!

Quote:
Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?
WHAT surely he'd know if he'd broken his hip?!!??

Quote:
I'm sorry
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #1511
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Janet, bad lady!

T, WTG on the shopping and yes you need to go back for yourself.

KAt, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor. Hopefully it is nothing. Do we need Win 7 or does KC just want it?

So after literally 15 x-rays, a student was there today so they were called in to watch, Mitch does not have a broken hip. Which is exactly what he said. He does have a prescription for 100 Darvocet. He told the doctor he didn't need nearly that many, but she left it anyway. He got less than half filled.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #1512
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"]Hello all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So after much debate over my ear and being able to afford a Dr visit with no insurance, I have an appointment for Friday at noon. It was the first available appt. I feel better to be going, and pretty sure I just need an antibiotic and will be fine. I had tubes in my ears as a kid and am deathly afraid of ear infections since I got none as a kid and only ONE as an adult.
Good girl!

Quote:
You'll be pleased to know that a black lady made it onto the panel, she's a Doctor too!!! And don't know a thing!
But the question is did any of the crazy people make it

Quote:
Janet, bad lady!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
So after literally 15 x-rays, a student was there today so they were called in to watch, Mitch does not have a broken hip. Which is exactly what he said. He does have a prescription for 100 Darvocet. He told the doctor he didn't need nearly that many, but she left it anyway. He got less than half filled.
Man, you know what the street value on those would be

=================

Checking in real quick. At the library with Jim and Jimmy. I picked out my books. Jimmy is doing a craft with the children's librarian, so I thought I'd check in here. Hope you are all having a good evening!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #1513
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today. All is well. They are keeping him overnight, but he should be home tomorrow. Heck of a way to celebrate your 80th birthday eh!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #1514
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Angela - to Mitch and his hop but glad it isn't broken.

Janet - to your dad and keep us updated

T - I agree go back and shop for yourself. I did the other day at Penney's and am so happy I did. LOL

Hi everyone!

I got home from school about half an hour ago. I had Med Terms today and we had a test in the class. I also had to make up a spelling test. I missed 7 on the spelling and got a C+ on the test. UGH!

I checked with my teacher after class though to see what my grade was and my average came out to be a solid B so I'm happy with that. Hopefully I can get A's on the last 3 test we have in there and either end up with an A- or B+. Wish me luck!

We've done dinner and I'm about to head to the librarby with DR for storytime. I need to go to the grocery store once we are done there. I meant to stop after class but didn't have the time. Hopefully it'll be quieter during this time anyways.

OK...gonna run!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #1515
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Just another day in Fluville! She is starting to feel a little better so may try school tomorrow. Trust me on this folks --if you can get the vaccine, get it...cause this stinks!

Lessa--your mom said she thought you got a great deal on the cruise!

Angela--wow...don't know what to say! Crappy day, huh? How was the xray?

We used to have smartboards in TX and SC...none here which isn't surprising. Teachers don't have computers.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: