Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
disfan07
DIS Veteran

buying a car form carmax

has anyone here bought a car from carmax?

We are looking to ditch my 2007 Toyota camry that we bought 1 1/2 years ago and I want to get a honda accord again (I had a 2001 but it was totaled in 2008 which is when we bought the toyota)

We would get about $12,000 for my toyota so we cannot afford to buy a new honda at about $22,000

We are going to go to the certified used honda dealerships around here also but we were also going to look at carmax becasue we have found 5 honda accords under $16,000 from carmax.

So i just wanted to knwo if anyone had first hand experience with purchasing a car from carmax
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

When I lived in Florida I knew a couple of people who purchased cars from CarMax and none of them had anything but good things to say.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
tictac
Mouseketeer

My husband worked there a few years ago and he never said anything bad about them, but what exactly are you wanting to find out more info about?
tictac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
disfan07
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to know if people had ever bought a car from them and if it was a good or bad choice to buy from them.

We dont know anyone who has ever bought from carmax....everyone we know has either always bought new cars or bought used cars from the dealerships
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
shortbun
Peacenik

We bought my husband's truck from them because it was the only place he could find what he wanted. He loved their service and the salesperson was intelligent. There was no hard sell.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:05 AM   #6
tictac
Mouseketeer

Well, from what I remember he did tell me that all the cars do get an inspection and they all get seen by a mechanic to repair them also they fix minor things such as dings before being put up for sale. I peaked into an area where all the interiors where being cleaned and repaired . I believe the car is under some kind of warranty and you can purchase extra warranty just incase.
tictac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #7
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
I just wanted to know if people had ever bought a car from them and if it was a good or bad choice to buy from them.

We dont know anyone who has ever bought from carmax....everyone we know has either always bought new cars or bought used cars from the dealerships
Try private party sales as well. I know people are afraid of buying from someone that is not thru a dealership but I can assure you that you will get a better deal.

Look in Craigslist & AutoTrader for your area. At least look.

We just sold a car thru Craigslist and we bought a truck a few months ago.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!

Both our cars are CarMax cars and we have nothing bad to say about it. We loved the experience, got great prices and the cars have been flawless minus normal wear and tear.
DS#1 Alexander Stephen 2.5
DS#2 Ryan Bradford Arrived 3.22.2010 @ 9:58AM 7lbs 13oz 20 inches
DMickey28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #9
mrsv98
Gracie's Mama
Loves those slider bags
Beware the Tails of Doom!
I couldn't believe the weeny little turkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMickey28 View Post
Both our cars are CarMax cars and we have nothing bad to say about it. We loved the experience, got great prices and the cars have been flawless minus normal wear and tear.
Ditto, we have purchased two different new cars from CarMax (new cars at the WI location by us) and loved the experience both times.
mrsv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
has anyone here bought a car from carmax?

We are looking to ditch my 2007 Toyota camry that we bought 1 1/2 years ago and I want to get a honda accord again (I had a 2001 but it was totaled in 2008 which is when we bought the toyota)

We would get about $12,000 for my toyota so we cannot afford to buy a new honda at about $22,000

We are going to go to the certified used honda dealerships around here also but we were also going to look at carmax becasue we have found 5 honda accords under $16,000 from carmax.

So i just wanted to knwo if anyone had first hand experience with purchasing a car from carmax
I have had 2 friends purchase cars through carmax. The first one had nothing but good things to say about them. Loved her car and felt that she got a fair deal on it.

The second one had some issues with the car after she brought it home. If I remember correctly, it was something about the brakes. She called the salesman and he told her to bring it in and they would take care of it. They had to order some parts and then they fixed it at no cost to her. She brought the car home and there was another problem. So, she brought it back again. By this time she started to worry, thinking that she got a bad car and was worried that more things were going to go wrong with it.

It still fell under the money back guarantee thing they have, so she returned the car. They gave her the money back with no problems what so ever. She said they were great and was really worried that they would give her a hard time but it was very easy and painless. She still has not purchased another car but when she decides to she said that she would definitely go back there again.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
Karalea
Mouseketeer

I have purchased by last 2 cars from Car Max and love them! My brother also purchased his truck there. They also bought my old car at a better price than the local dealership wanted to give me. Everything was very easy.

Don't forget that if they don't have the car you want in your local dealership, they will, for a small fee, transfer one from another location.
Karalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Kit'smommy
Luck favors the prepared, darling.

I bought my Mercedes from them back in 2008 and sold them my Saturn shortly thereafter.

Both experiences were very good and I would recommend them.

The car I purchased was a really good deal and they were fair in what they gave me for my old car.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #13
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Did you pay cash for the car or financing it? It seems like if you've only had the car for 1.5 years, selling it (or worst trading it) will be a big loss.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
mill4023
DIS Veteran

We bought our 05 Suburban from Carmax last year.

From the research we did on prices, we probably could have saved a little money by shopping somewhere else, but not much.

I've been through the car buying process at traditional dealerships and unless I absolutely had to have a brand new car, I would never choose that again. The Carmax experience was so much nicer. No negotiating, no hard sell, quick and easy financing approval with a list of different options from different financing companies.

We bought the extended warranty and a few months later, the air conditioning stopped working. We brought it in and the repair process was super easy and painless too. Instead of the $600+ it would have cost for a new compressor, we just had to pay our $50 deductible.

I definitely recommend them.
September, 2007 - Pop Century
June, 2011 - Indian Creek Villa

Fun family games for a road trip

The 9 best iPhone apps for a road trip
mill4023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill4023 View Post
We bought the extended warranty and a few months later, the air conditioning stopped working. We brought it in and the repair process was super easy and painless too. Instead of the $600+ it would have cost for a new compressor, we just had to pay our $50 deductible.
But how much was the warranty?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: