Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #46
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I finally got over here to start your trip report. Such great Character meets.

I am loving the pics of MNSSHP. The memories are just flooding back. It was completly awsome spending our time at MNSSHP with you and your wonderful family. We would have been completly lost that night with out you. It was our first time at MK and you seemed to know where to do the cool stuff. Stuff we would have missed with out you.

Little side note, remember how Liam was so scared about going into The Haunted Mansion and, though he had fun, refused to do it again? I asked him the next day if he wanted to ride it agian since his brother and sister hadn't ridden it. He said yes and was very excited about sharing it with his brother and sister.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #47
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
What wonderful pictures!! Thank you for taking the time to upload them and share your awesome trip with us!!

I have to tell you, when you post your frustrations, and your dh's reactions - hah - btdt!! I know what you mean!! We also went thru some not so magical experiences, and dh was mortified, and I was incensed! (trying to use a fast pass that was expired time - late by one hour DUE TO DD medical issues! But we had a not so magical experience at Epcot Guest Relations - she told me that GAC were ONLY for Autistic kids!! I am so grateful to all I learned from Disboards! Since that trip we had one other trip - and it went so smoothly - but like you we dont like to use the GAC - but its nice to have if you get a CM that tries to ruin the magic!!

Also - I loved your Halloween sewing!! and Johnny DEPP!! WOW

The pictures from your MNSSHP make me want to try it once more!! shocking that!!
I loved the Halloween party. It was fun sharing it with new friends too! Thank you for the compliments on my sewing. Seeing Johnny Depp was very cool! The GAC are good sometimes, but a pain at others. We hit the time of year where everyone is changing and all of the new college program cast members are just starting. I am hoping that after my letter, they train their new cast members better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtwins View Post
I love the pics!
Thank you! I was worried I was adding too many to my report. I took 1398 over the 9 days and I am trying to limit how many go in the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Your pictures are great! How awesome that he was able to high 5 the seven dwarves! I've really enjoyed reading your trip report!
It was a special moment to watch him give them all high fives. I was so happy at that point that he came back and did not stay lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
What night did you go to the MNSSHP?
We were there on Tuesday, September 15th!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #48
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I finally got over here to start your trip report. Such great Character meets.

I am loving the pics of MNSSHP. The memories are just flooding back. It was completely awesome spending our time at MNSSHP with you and your wonderful family. We would have been completely lost that night with out you. It was our first time at MK and you seemed to know where to do the cool stuff. Stuff we would have missed with out you.

Little side note, remember how Liam was so scared about going into The Haunted Mansion and, though he had fun, refused to do it again? I asked him the next day if he wanted to ride it again since his brother and sister hadn't ridden it. He said yes and was very excited about sharing it with his brother and sister.
Yeah! I am glad you made it over. It was an awesome night! I hope we didn't wear you out trying to show you all of the amazing things the party had to offer. DS4 screamed every time we took him on a ride for the first time and then he would ride it again the next time and love it! I think there was just a lot to take in that night. I hope your brother got a better picture of Johnny Depp than I did! I can't wait until you start your trip report. I hope I reported everything correctly! It was a lot of fun!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #49
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Just catching up. Your family seems to be having a great time.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #50
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 5 (9/16/09): Epcot, Animal Kingdom and a Few Surprises!

This morning everyone slept in after being up late at the MNSSHP the night before. DH went and got pastries and muffins from the food court while also filling up our refillable mugs. We finally headed out for the day around 9:30 AM.

We decided to go to Epcot for the morning since we had not been to this park yet. We went through security and the turnstiles and my DD9 saw Daisy Duck. The line for her was really long! While we were trying to talk her out of visiting with Daisy my DS4 saw Stitch. He was all by himself and no one was around! Stitch and the three kids played together for about 15 minutes before another family showed up!

Here is DS4 jumping up and down with Stitch. They were playing a jumping game. It was too cute!

Then there was more playing with Stitch and Stitch decided DD1 needed to come out of the stroller too!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #51
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 5 (9/16/09): Epcot, Animal Kingdom and a Few Surprises! Cont….

After Stitch we chose to ride Spaceship Earth. It had been closed for remodeling the last time we were here. We went to the side and went to the handicapped area. They had you park your stroller or wheelchair (if possible) and then you had to wait. They took your name and party number and told you that your wait might be up to 7 minutes and that they would call you when it was your turn. It was neat to see the improvements. The area underneath the globe was really neat with all of the interactive stuff, but we did not stay to play on it.

Next, we walked over to the Universe of Energy. With the pre-show and the ride this experience took about an hour, but it was in air conditioning and DD1 took her nap during the ride. From here we decided to try Test Track. I carried a screaming 4 year old on to the ride. They almost didn’t let him ride he was screaming so much. You will have to wait for our Photopass photos to come in to see his scared little face. He did not like it at all. Then DD9 and my DH rode. They both loved it.

From here we walked through Innoventions and over to the Seas to find a calmer ride for the two little ones. DS4 screamed through Nemo. Then we walked around and looked at some fish before going to see Turtle Talk with Crush. It was really funny today! As we exited that show the handicapped entrance to Nemo was right next to it. Before I could grab DS4 he was on the ride so DD9 and I went with him. DH was putting DD1 into the stroller and I holler to him that we were riding again. This time he rode with sheer wonderment and amazement. It was a good thing it was the same cast member that had let us on the ride the first time and that there was no waiting. DS4 is a handful to watch!

Then we walked around to look at the dolphins and the sharks. We also learned about Manatees for a little while.

Then we went over to the land to ride Soarin’. DS4 also did not like this ride. We also stopped to have lunch at the Sunshine Seasons. I love the desserts here and they count as snack credits on the dining plan if you are not having lunch. It was nice to sit down and take a break. We were sad that Living with the Land was closed.

By the time we were done with lunch and rides it was about 3:30 and I knew that the Disney Visa photo shoot was from 1-4, well it turns out it was from 1:30 - 4, but we made it in time. We were the second family in line. We saw Mickey and Pluto. The kids had fun interacting with them and having their photos taken with them.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #52
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 5 (9/16/09): Epcot, Animal Kingdom and a Few Surprises! Cont….

Then we tried to participate in the Piggy Bank game in Innoventions, but the cast member said that our stroller could not come in. I went to another area and found another cast member to ask why my stroller could not go in. I also explained that I showed the other cast member our GAC card and the stroller tag. The second cast member apologized and walked us back over there. He spoke with the first cast member and we were let in, but you could tell the first cast member was not happy about it. It is a cute learning experience about money. First you pick what you want to save for. DS4 hit the button for retirement before anyone could hit vacation or another fun choice.

Then you take your pig and put him in these little enclosures and you play a game. Then he pops out the other side and he is heavier with the money that you have earned. Then you go to the next little game. It is so cute. At the end you see if you made your goal or not. At each game up to 3 people can play at once. I would recommend taking time to do this.

Then we went to the Coke Cool Station. I tried to take a picture of DS4 taking a sip of the Beverly drink, but he said he liked it. I was confused. Then he took another sip and spit it across the room. I missed the ugly face photos. DD9 tried to warn him not to drink it!

Then we called it a day at Epcot. We went to the front of the park to pick our free Disney Visa 5x7 photo and have it shipped to our room. This process took a little while as only one of the four cast members knew how to ship something to your resort room, but it was worth it since I did not want to carry it with me the rest of the night!

Here is DD1 and her siblings riding the bus to Animal Kingdom.

We saw a neat closing ceremony as we entered as it was only extra Magic Hours for guest staying on Disney property.

We headed over to Dinoland. DS4 rode the Dinosaur ride with my DH and it was a little too intense for him. He then took a walk to look at all of the neat dinosaur statues while DD9 and I rode.

Then we decided to try the Triceratops Spin. DS4 would not get one for anything so I walked around with him while the other three rode.

After that we looked at a schedule and the last safari was at 7PM so we decided to see if we could hike across the entire park in 20 minutes. We made it! Lots of the animals were up and active in the cooler evening weather.

Then DD9 and DH wanted to ride Everest. I love this ride, but I had developed another headache. I had been getting them really bad for the last three weeks and got a shot for one the Wednesday before we left. I have been to the doctor again since we came back, got another shot and new medication to take right when they start. They can’t seem to figure out what is causing them and I have never had them before.

So, I took the two little ones into the gift shop to look around. DS4 was being a little fussy. A cast member inside the photo pick-up area asked if he liked to play ball and I said, “Yes”. DS4 loves to play ball. So another cast member came over. The three of them tossed this ball shaped Yeti back and forth. When a customer would come to the picture window, he would just play catch with the other cast member. It fell on the floor a few times and I expressed concern about it getting dirty and they told me not to worry about it. They explained it was just one that they played with. Finally, DH and DD9 returned from their ride. The two cast members looked at each other and one said, “Should we?” and the other one said, “Yes.” Before I knew what was happening they cut the tag off of the Yeti and gave the ball to my son. They told him it was so he could play Yeti ball at home with mom. They told us to enjoy our trip. I wanted to cry. They took time out of their day to make my son feel special. They did not know his background or situation, but they created a magical moment for him that he will always remember. He loves that ball and now sleeps with it in his bed. And just think if my head didn’t hurt, I would have missed this magical moment!

We went back to the resort, picked up some dinner at the Food Court and ate in the room. Did you know that a huge brownie sundae counts as a dessert on the dining plan with your meal? It was so good! Another day finished and we are off to bed!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #53
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just catching up. Your family seems to be having a great time.
Thanks for reading along on our journey!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #54
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
So, I took the two little ones into the gift shop to look around. DS4 was being a little fussy. A cast member inside the photo pick-up area asked if he liked to play ball and I said, “Yes”. DS4 loves to play ball. So another cast member came over. The three of them tossed this ball shaped Yeti back and forth. When a customer would come to the picture window, he would just play catch with the other cast member. It fell on the floor a few times and I expressed concern about it getting dirty and they told me not to worry about it. They explained it was just one that they played with. Finally, DH and DD9 returned from their ride. The two cast members looked at each other and one said, “Should we?” and the other one said, “Yes.” Before I knew what was happening they cut the tag off of the Yeti and gave the ball to my son. They told him it was so he could play Yeti ball at home with mom. They told us to enjoy our trip. I wanted to cry. They took time out of their day to make my son feel special. They did not know his background or situation, but they created a magical moment for him that he will always remember. He loves that ball and now sleeps with it in his bed. And just think if my head didn’t hurt, I would have missed this magical moment!

Aww!! We were also at AK on 9/16 and the CM's in the EE shop also played "Yeti Ball" with my 3 year old DD. She loved it while waiting for us to take turns riding Everest. One of the CM's was one who was working the photo room near the exit of the ride. She was super nice. At one point, she threw the ball at my DH but tossed it too high and it ended up hitting and knocking over some decorations on the top of a clothing rack. LOL
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #55
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Aww!! We were also at AK on 9/16 and the CM's in the EE shop also played "Yeti Ball" with my 3 year old DD. She loved it while waiting for us to take turns riding Everest. One of the CM's was one who was working the photo room near the exit of the ride. She was super nice. At one point, she threw the ball at my DH but tossed it too high and it ended up hitting and knocking over some decorations on the top of a clothing rack. LOL
Wow! I bet DS has the ball that your DD was playing with! That is really neat! It is so nice of the cast members to help entertain the kids while the other parent rides the ride with siblings. The parent that stays with the kid not riding tends to run out of entertainment options by the end of the day!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #56
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you guys had such a good time. I'm really enjoying reading along with you as you do your report...though it is making me impatient, lol...
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #57
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Wow! I bet DS has the ball that your DD was playing with! That is really neat! It is so nice of the cast members to help entertain the kids while the other parent rides the ride with siblings. The parent that stays with the kid not riding tends to run out of entertainment options by the end of the day!
How funny! The CM's in that shop were very friendly and playful. It was so hot out and not too many shady spots outside of Everest so I parked DD's stroller next to the rope near the ride exit so that we could be in the A/C and wait for older DD and DH.

She was bored in the stroller so was more than happy to get out and play with the CM's. She didn't want to quit and they were more than happy to keep playing. Reminded me of my days as a CM at the World of Disney where we would go out of our way to make "Magical Moments" happen!
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #58
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Relaxation

Today I woke up with a slight stomach ache. I think I must have eaten something a little off the day before. I got up and took a shower and everyone was still asleep so I decided to go and get some PowerAde in my refillable mug and take a walk around Pop.

I wanted to see where the bridge to nowhere went. I took some pictures.

It was hard to see the Classic Years Hall through the trees. There was also one complete building to the right of it. It is sad that after 9/11 this project was abandoned and left to fall in disrepair.

Then I met a nice woman also waiting on her family to wake up and we began to chat while watching a turtle.

Then a gentleman and his small son joined our conversation. He was a travel agent. He explained that just last week Disney had a meeting with their travel agency about Pop Century. The buildings on the other side of the bridge would be refurbished and opened as family suites and a separate Hall to house dining, the front desk and a gift shop for the suites. It would be the 1900’s thorough the 1940’s. It is projected to be done within the next five years. That should be interesting to observe. He explained that during December there are no suites to be found on property since they are all at capacity and these new suites should help with that problem.

Then I walked around and took more pictures of the property including year signs that interested me and the computer pool.

I found a better view of the unfinished hall:

Then I returned to my room and the cleaning brigade. They pulled up on their expanded golf cart and parked three of their cleaning carts right outside my room at about 7:30 every morning. Then they had their meetings right outside my door. It would wake me up, but the rest of the family slept through this.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #59
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Relaxation – cont….

Finally, everyone was showered, fed and ready to go. We had missed rope drop so I decided that it would be fun to go to Downtown Disney for the morning. We started by having our pictures taken by the Christmas display.

Then we wandered through several of the stores. I took lots of pictures of all of the neat character fixtures, but I will not bore you with those. Here we are outside Once Upon a Toy:

Then I liked the pirate displays inside the World of Disney Store. Here is one side:

Next we went to check out the T-Rex Café. We have one in Kansas City, which is near Tyler’s doctors in KC. Whenever we have to make the 6 hour round trip to see his doctors in KC we treat him to T-Rex as a reward after seeing the doctors. The one in KC has a large two story lava wall that erupts pictorially every half hour as the meteor shower comes through. It also has more separated rooms and two floors so you can eat upstairs or downstairs. This one was ok, but we prefer the original in KC.

Then we walked through the old Pleasure Island. I really miss the Adventurer’s Club.

We walked down to Planet Hollywood to get our free AAA gift and it was a key chain. My DD9 was hoping it was a pin. That was a long walk in the hot sun for a keychain.

Then we walked back past the Lego Store again.

Then I had to take a picture of Stitch on the top of the World of Disney Store!

We chose to have lunch at the Rainforest Café since they closed the one in KC and we no longer have one anywhere near us. DS4 was not scared of the gorillas or the rain storm this time and DD1 slept through most of lunch.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #60
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Relaxation – cont….

We took a bus to the Contemporary from DTD. Then we took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. When we arrived my DH and DD decided that they were tired and it was about 2:30. So they went back to the room. I took the little two to see what we could explore. First we checked on the AAA story time. We missed our reservations the day before since my DH did not want to leave Epcot to go and hear a “five minute story”. I was told that someone should be at the podium at about 3 pm and was told to check back then. As we were going in to check on the story time, a whole handful of characters were heading towards their meet and greet locations. They waved to my two little ones as they walked by.

As we exited DS4 and DD1 saw Mary Poppins. We walked over to see her. She told them that she was so glad that they took the time to come and see her after waving to her inside a few minutes before.

Next, we headed toward Toon Town. The castle show was going on and the two little ones wanted to watch it, so we did.

Then we headed to Toon Town. DS4 wanted to see the fairies again. Today, MJ was working again and she recognized DS4 and asked if he was still enjoying his trip. We waited in the hallway to meet the fairies.

Then we got to go in and meet Tinkerbell and Irridessa. Tinkerbell remembered DS4 and DD1 and was so happy that they came back to see her again!

MJ was in the hallway as we were leaving the fairies and asked if we would like to see the princesses and both kids said, “Yes!” so we followed her and waited while she checked to see if they were ready. We did not have to go back up front again.

Cinderella remembered DD1 from the night of the party and asked her why she was no longer wearing her princess dress.

Then they wanted to walk through Minnie and Mickey’s houses again. So we did. Then we met Mickey and Minnie together.

By this point it was almost 3:30 and I needed to go and check on story time. We boarded the train with another family in a wheelchair. The engineer asked them what station they were disembarking on and they said, “Tomorrowland”. The engineer told them their stop options and they chose to get back off of the train and walk the short path to Tomorrowland. We had to wait a few minutes for the train to leave since the parade had to cross the tracks. As we were waiting for the train to go MJ walked by and waved!

Finally we made it to the train depot at the front of the park.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: