Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #1351
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
Getting back to where people know the actors from in previous roles, did anyone recognize Seaver from anywhere?? She was on SATC and played the hostess that Samantha invited to have a threesome with her and Richard.
SEAVER???

I'll have to take a closer look the next time I see that rerun.

Does anyone remember her on Alias? I vaguely remember her because she looked familiar when I first saw her on CM. But, I don't remember her role. What did she play? Apparently, she didn't make much of an impression on me then, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
I saw Janeane Garafalo live in Atlanta like 17 years ago (Good Lord I'm old) and she was sooooo funny! It really seems since then she has just become a bitter, unhappy person. Everytime I hear her speak she is sooo negative!!!
Yes, she used to be funny a long time ago. Now, she's just bitter and always ready to be on a tirade about something.

Quote:
I love when I see people in previous roles! I was rewatching the West Wing and the chick that plays "Cuddy" on "House" was the hooker that Rob Lowe falls for! HAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
Oh my god. Lisa was the hooker???????
That's where I recognize her from! Wow! that's quite a change.

Another chameleon actor who I always think, "Where do I know him from?" is Brendan Gleeson.
He is most well known now as Mad-Eye Moody in Harry Potter. But, he played the redheaded Hamish in Braveheart! Mel Gibson threw a rock at him and hit him in the head, and turned into his right hand man. Years later, he played Renee Zelweiger's father in Cold Mountain.

After that, he beefed back up to play Menelaus in Troy. "Is THIS what you left me for?!?" when Orlando Bloom ran away instead of fighting him.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #1352
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

PRENTISS IS BACK!!!!!!!!

And Seaver is gone!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/page...chols-leaving/

Quote:
Paget Brewster will continue on CBS' crime drama Criminal Minds next season, while new series regular Rachel Nichols won't return.

That article also says...

Quote:
As for Gibson, I hear Criminal Minds producers want him back.

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

Tink9721 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #1353
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
PRENTISS IS BACK!!!!!!!!

And Seaver is gone!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/page...chols-leaving/

That article also says...
I just read it on IMDB!!!! Our dreams have come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they listened to the fans!!!!!!!!!

(and of course, Imzadi isn't on right now to celebrate with us )
Old 05-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #1354
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

WOO HOO! I JUST turned on my PC.

YAY!!!

There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #1355
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I just read it on IMDB!!!! Our dreams have come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they listened to the fans!!!!!!!!!

(and of course, Imzadi isn't on right now to celebrate with us )
I saw it on IMDB first too I came here immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
WOO HOO! I JUST turned on my PC.
There you are!

I've been sitting here for two hours refreshing the page every 15 minutes waiting for someone to join in the celebration This time when I refreshed you were both here

Now they just need to sign TG and we'll have our whole team back together

I'm very interested to see how they get Prentiss back on the show. Obviously it's gonna take a couple episodes. They have to track down Doyle, kill him, find Prentiss, etc. I can't wait to see how everyone reacts. This is gonna be good

Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #1356
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Now, we just need ABC to finalize the contract negotiations with Thomas Gibson/HOTCH and we will get the full cast back.

Maybe they can do an episode like when Pamela Ewing on Dallas, only dreamed that her hubby, Bobby was dead, and they reversed the events of a whole season. With Seaver gone and CM: SB, too, everyone can pretend last season never happened.
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 AM   #1357
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Actually, I'd rather they didn't go the "it was a dream" angle. There are too many good, relevant ways they could bring back Prentiss, and kill off Seaver in a hail of bullets, um, er, I mean, get Seaver off the show, that would completely fit in the show's style/format.

I vote for Seaver going rogue, taking after her father, they find out she's the unsub, and THEN bring her down in a hail of bullets. Maybe I've been playing too much Barney Carnage...

Anyway, glad to join this thread--I've been lurking for quite a while, and Imzadi, love the photos.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #1358
karen l
DIS Veteran

Fantastic news! So glad they brought AJ & Paget back. Both are terrific in their roles. Now, just waiting for good news re Thomas.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #1359
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
Actually, I'd rather they didn't go the "it was a dream" angle. There are too many good, relevant ways they could bring back Prentiss, and kill off Seaver in a hail of bullets, um, er, I mean, get Seaver off the show, that would completely fit in the show's style/format.

I vote for Seaver going rogue, taking after her father, they find out she's the unsub, and THEN bring her down in a hail of bullets. Maybe I've been playing too much Barney Carnage...

Anyway, glad to join this thread--I've been lurking for quite a while, and Imzadi, love the photos.
Great idea!

But I'm wondering if they'll even have Seaver on the season premiere or if they'll just have someone say "Seaver has decided to leave the BAU." Apparently that's what they were planning to do with JJ at the beginning of season 6. Then people started complaining so they gave her those 2 episodes at the beginning

Welcome to the thread!

Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #1360
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Quote:

I love the going rogue angle.
You know what this means, though. A continuation of the Ian Doyle storyline. Not a big fan of that. And how betrayed will the team feel when she returns?
And how are we going to make it to Oct before the new season starts???

I have a prediction. When we last left off, Rossi was talking to JJ in someone's office. I bet it will start back up in the same scene with her telling him Emily is alive. Garcia is gonna be TICKED off when she finds out.

They should not think twice about bringing Hotch back. They have seen, this past season, what happens when you mess with the perfect formula. You get a lot of angry fans and then you have to eat crow. Oh, and alienating viewers for real this time. This time we gave them time to correct their mistakes. There may not be a next time for a lot of fans.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #1361
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know what this means, though. A continuation of the Ian Doyle storyline. Not a big fan of that. And how betrayed will the team feel when she returns?

I have a prediction. When we last left off, Rossi was talking to JJ in someone's office. I bet it will start back up in the same scene with her telling him Emily is alive. Garcia is gonna be TICKED off when she finds out.

They should not think twice about bringing Hotch back. They have seen, this past season, what happens when you mess with the perfect formula. You get a lot of angry fans and then you have to eat crow. Oh, and alienating viewers for real this time. This time we gave them time to correct their mistakes. There may not be a next time for a lot of fans.
I think the CM producers need to spend some time reading this thread. We have some good ideas over here

Morgan is gonna be ticked too

I don't think they're stupid enough to not bring Hotch back. They obviously know they screwed up. Has any show ever gotten rid of two actors in one season and had them signed again before the next season started?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #1362
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:

I dunno, a couple good scenes of Shemar in the shower, and I'd be willing to forgive almost anything..oh, I'm sorry, where there a plot in there somewhere? Maybe it's hidden under his towel...

Seriously, though, they'd be fools not to keep Thomas Gibson. I've loved him since "Chicago Hope".
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #1363
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I dunno, a couple good scenes of Shemar in the shower, and I'd be willing to forgive almost anything..oh, I'm sorry, where there a plot in there somewhere? Maybe it's hidden under his towel...

Old 05-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #1364
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
I'm very interested to see how they get Prentiss back on the show. Obviously it's gonna take a couple episodes. They have to track down Doyle, kill him, find Prentiss, etc. I can't wait to see how everyone reacts. This is gonna be good
Argh! You posted at the same time I was typing. I missed your last post last nite or we could have been chatting about this all nite.

I don't think they will kill Doyle first. I think she's been hunting down Doyle all along. So she has to be in those (two, at least) episodes while they all are tracking him down. She is the only one who remotely knows where Doyle's son is.

Quote:

I was kidding about the "it was a dream" idea. Nothing like pissing off the whole country, which was what Dallas did.

Yes, we need Seaver to go off in a hail of bullets. Maybe Doyle can kill her?

Welcome!.

No need to lurk, we're all friendly on this thread. Well, okay, not to Seaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen l View Post
Fantastic news! So glad they brought AJ & Paget back. Both are terrific in their roles. Now, just waiting for good news re Thomas.
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #1365
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:

Quote:
I think the CM producers need to spend some time reading this thread. We have some good ideas over here

Morgan is gonna be ticked too
The show will start up again, probably Sept 21st.

Garcia & Morgan will be pissed. Reid will feel the most betrayed. Remember he had problems with both his dad & Gideon both leaving him with only a letter. J.J. was the one that stopped him from going to see Prentiss in the operating room and consoled him when she could have told him the truth.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think they're stupid enough to not bring Hotch back. They obviously know they screwed up. Has any show ever gotten rid of two actors in one season and had them signed again before the next season started?
I think Thomas (Hotch's) agent knows he has a lot of bargaining power now. The fans made such a stink about J.J. & Prentiss. The show was still in the top 12 of all shows and top 5 of scripted shows, not reality TV shows, even when Prentiss & J.J. were gone. That was due to Hotch, Morgan & Reid (mostly.)

Firing & then having to rehire J.J. & Prentiss back is the TV equivalent of when New Coke came on the market and the world screamed, "We want our original coke back!"

I sincerely hope ABC/CBS are not that stupid. . . Except they proved they were so, when they fired the two gals.
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: