Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Armanda Knox guilty---- again

What a mess the Italian justice system is. First you're guilty, then you're not, then you are, then you're not, then you are.

Kind of like the boy in love plucking pedestals off a flower saying she loves me, she loves me not.

Thank god for our system.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #2
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
What a mess the Italian justice system is. First you're guilty, then you're not, then you are, then you're not, then you are.

Kind of like the boy in love plucking pedestals off a flower saying she loves me, she loves me not.

That's crazy. Now what, will she have to go back? I haven't followed the recent case.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
That's crazy. Now what, will she have to go back? I haven't followed the recent case.
Unlikely any time soon as long as she stays in the U.S. There is another level of appeal. Then she can also appeal it to the EU. And if all fails, then And then it has to go through all the paperwork and then it has to go to court if she fights it. Unfortunately, if she steps foot in the EU, she can be arrested and have to go back.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Oh no not again! I am from the UK. I was wondering why the US authorities don't just step in now and tell Italy to take a hike and leave the girl alone? Enough is enough?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:51 AM   #5
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Oh, didn't hear this. Any links, I googled, it was old stuff.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe the got it right this time.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #7
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, because our system is so much better. Just ask Jonathan Fleming or the numerous others like him. Ask Casey Anthony. I bet she just loves our system.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #8
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh no not again! I am from the UK. I was wondering why the US authorities don't just step in now and tell Italy to take a hike and leave the girl alone? Enough is enough?
Because Italy has the right to administer justice in their own country.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 AM   #9
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
I'm glad a US citizen didn't say that.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Guilty again. Wow.

Here is an article I found, this one gives more detail: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5232721.html

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Maybe they should have held on to her the first time they decided she was guilty. If a person then is acquitted and sent free, it does seem a wee bit unreasonable a few years later to decide she really is guilty this time and you want her back in jail. Too complicated. And stupid.
kidshop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #12
pogo791
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Italian system isn't perfect (far from it), but then neither is the U.S. system (oh, gosh, far, far from it).

What happened in Italy actually shows that the judicial system of appeal works: the higher court basically told the lower court that they had messed up, and that they should reconsider the evidence. (And no, the higher court did not say that Ms Knox was innocent - just that the evidence had to be reconsidered.)

The main failing with the Italian system is that it is so slow and bureaucratic, even in the case of serious charges like this one. Not long ago, defense lawyers played the system by delaying and delaying, since they knew that at fairly regular intervals (every six or seven years, or so) the national legislature would basically say that the system is overloaded, and declare an amnesty for everyone who had been on trial (and in prison waiting for trial) a certain number of years.
pogo791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo791 View Post
The Italian system isn't perfect (far from it), but then neither is the U.S. system (oh, gosh, far, far from it).

What happened in Italy actually shows that the judicial system of appeal works: the higher court basically told the lower court that they had messed up, and that they should reconsider the evidence.
(And no, the higher court did not say that Ms Knox was innocent - just that the evidence had to be reconsidered.)

The main failing with the Italian system is that it is so slow and bureaucratic, even in the case of serious charges like this one. Not long ago, defense lawyers played the system by delaying and delaying, since they knew that at fairly regular intervals (every six or seven years, or so) the national legislature would basically say that the system is overloaded, and declare an amnesty for everyone who had been on trial (and in prison waiting for trial) a certain number of years.
That is an important point I think many don't understand. She was never acquitted in the same sense our system means by acquitted.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #14
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Haven't the powers-that-be over here in the US basically said, in so many words - good luck in trying to get her back to Italy? I imagine it'd take a lot for us to turn her over to the Italian authorities.

I have always been on the fence about this case in terms of her guilt or innocence. I think the evidence is pretty shoddy and not convincing, but I do think she knows more than she's saying. I don't mean she did it, but I think she knows who did and might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

DWGal210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #15
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Haven't the powers-that-be over here in the US basically said, in so many words - good luck in trying to get her back to Italy? I imagine it'd take a lot for us to turn her over to the Italian authorities.

I have always been on the fence about this case in terms of her guilt or innocence. I think the evidence is pretty shoddy and not convincing, but I do think she knows more than she's saying. I don't mean she did it, but I think she knows who did and might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
If the U.S. Justice Department refuses to honor a legitimate and legal request for extradition to a nation with which we have an active extradition treaty in place that covers the crimes for which she has been convicted and for which her extradition is sought, are we as a nation prepared to forfeit any current and future moral outrage when another country refuses a legitimate extradition request by the United States?

If anything is likely, there may be negotiations to forestall the extradition request, but if one if made, I do not see how we refuse to honor it and not undermine every extradition treaty we have with every other nation with which we have one in place.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: