Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Mini-trip TR ~ Emma's First trip, My first MNSSHP and F&W! LOOKING AHEAD!

Yay!! I can't believe I am starting a new TR already!!!!!! I JUST finished my honeymoon TR last night and now I am 9 days away from a mini-trip!

If you haven't read my last TR, please join in over there and read! It's fun, I promise, and filled with TONS of pictures!!

You can find it HERE ...
Honeymoon WDW/DCL Trip Report!

Okay a little background...

I am a Disney fanatic. First trip was at 18 months and I've now lost count of the amount of times I've gone. It's somewhere around 17 or 18 by now. My husband was a WDW virgin until he met me! Our first trip was summer 2006 - 8 days, our second was summer 2007 - 10 days, (our engagement trip!), our third was winter 2008 - 4 days, and our most recent trip was this past summer - 14 days, if you include the cruise, immediately following our wedding! (Again, please read the TR!)

I am so excited for this trip, because like the winter 2008 trip, it is only 4 days. It is so hot and crowded when we go in the summer that we honestly felt like we got more done in our winter 4 day trip than our summer 10 day!

It's hard to go in the "off-season" as I am a teacher, but I took 2 personal days and am leaving next Friday morning! (Which happens to be the morning AFTER Back To School Night!) Because of that, I've never done MNSSHP OR Food and Wine and I can't WAIT!!!!!!

Here are some pics of us throughout the years....

I actually don't have a pic from 2006 uploaded to my computer!! So unlike me! But I can't find one anywhere!

2007 (moments after we got engaged)

2009 ~ This picture describes our perfect WDW day. In Epcot with a margarita!!!

Before I go any further, I have mention another reason why this trip comes at the perfect time for us. Our beloved cat of 9 years passed away last week, after being sick for 2 weeks. We tried everything we could to help him but it was just his time. We miss him terribly, especially at night, in the morning and when I get home from work. He would always greet me at the door so it's sad to walk into a lonely apartment. So, we really need to get away and enjoy ourselves after a couple of weeks of turmoil!

His name was Jack, named after Jack Skellington, but we more often called him Browsy, refering to the sound he made when he "talked" to us.
Here's that handsome face!

Okay, sad part over!!

Alright, I did a LOT of blabbing and NOT too many pics....I promise, it's usually the other way around!!!

Up Next: Who we're going with!! And hopefully more pics!

Last edited by NikkiLovesWDW!; 01-07-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Yay it's Nikki again, it almost feels like it was yesterday I was reading about your honeymoon, oh wait a minute, it was yesterday!! so psyched we get to join you again and your margaritas around Epcot!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
norybell
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP and F&W, especially since I'll be experiencing them myself (for the first time) in just a few weeks!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
jasliv
Earning My Ears

Be careful! You may get caught!

Can't wait to hear if Emma likes it as much as her family! I am sure she will be so excited, just like you!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Followed the link over from your honeymoon TR. That is such a sweet picture of Jack, Disney will help you feel better about his passing. It always helps me.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Heyyyyyy! Hiya Nikki! (And Tom!)

Can't wait to hear all the juicy details!

Shari xx
Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Yay you started one Am ready and waiting to hear about your upcoming trip
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
NikkiLovesWDW!

Wooo Hooo!! My friends are here! Thank for coming over from my other TR to join me!

So here's my next question...is it too late to still wear my ears and "Just Married" pin?? I'm thinking 'yes' but it was so much fun to wear them! Regardless, I AM wearing the "Happily Ever After" pins. I think that's still appropriate.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wooo Hooo!! My friends are here! Thank for coming over from my other TR to join me!

So here's my next question...is it too late to still wear my ears and "Just Married" pin?? I'm thinking 'yes' but it was so much fun to wear them! Regardless, I AM wearing the "Happily Ever After" pins. I think that's still appropriate.
Wear them! It's only been two months. If it were me, I'd think anytime in that first year would be appropriate.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post

Of course it isn't too late!!!

We are going to WDW next year and we will be celebrating: My 40th (December 09) Daughter's 16th (November 09), Husband's birthday (July), End of daughter's exams (July) Wedding anniversary (July), 2nd Daughter's 14th birthday (July), Exam results (August!) and many other things!

Only the exam results actually happen when we are there but we are going to celebrate EVERYTHING!!!!

Two months - that's still the honeymoon!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Hurray - you're back! Loved your winter 2008 TR (really had hoped that I was at WDW the same time as you but not so. I was there 12/13-20/08 and wanted to meet a fellow Diser! I did meet one when we did the stroller swap at GF but I can't remember her name! I'm sorry!) I just revisted your WDW/DCL TR and still am awestruck at how beautiful your dress was and your entire wedding was gorgeous!

So very sorry to hear about Jack (Browsy) What a sweet face he had!

We look forward to your TR and hope you have a wonderful trip!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Wear them! It's only been two months. If it were me, I'd think anytime in that first year would be appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Of course it isn't too late!!!

We are going to WDW next year and we will be celebrating: My 40th (December 09) Daughter's 16th (November 09), Husband's birthday (July), End of daughter's exams (July) Wedding anniversary (July), 2nd Daughter's 14th birthday (July), Exam results (August!) and many other things!

Only the exam results actually happen when we are there but we are going to celebrate EVERYTHING!!!!

Two months - that's still the honeymoon!
Thanks guys!! I just might wear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Hurray - you're back! Loved your winter 2008 TR (really had hoped that I was at WDW the same time as you but not so. I was there 12/13-20/08 and wanted to meet a fellow Diser! I did meet one when we did the stroller swap at GF but I can't remember her name! I'm sorry!) I just revisted your WDW/DCL TR and still am awestruck at how beautiful your dress was and your entire wedding was gorgeous!

So very sorry to hear about Jack (Browsy) What a sweet face he had!

We look forward to your TR and hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thanks for joining!! Thanks for the compliments on the wedding!

I LOVE that you called my cat Browsy! We mostly called him Browsy. But we sometimes threw in one of his nicknames. We had so many nicknames for him that all had to do with his 'brow." We rarely called him "Jack."

Mr. Browsy B
Jack Brower
Jackson BROWn
Browsy J. Browserton

We really had a sick infatuation with our cat. We miss him terribly!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
wdwtwins
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

I hope you update soon!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
NikkiLovesWDW!

Update ~ Who's Going?? And who's Emma??

So why is this trip entitled "Emma 1st trip?" Well, Emma is my niece who is 14 and 1/2 months old and happens to be the CUTEST baby in the world. Actually, I don't even think I can call her that anymore....the cutest TODDLER in the world! I can't believe how quickly she went from baby to little girl.

My sister and I are very close and we grew up going to WDW together. The last time we were there together was 2003!! We both LOVE it so much and I always go in the summer, she always goes in October. FINALLY, I decided I HAD to go with her in October, 1. because we REALLY needed to go together again and 2. because there was no WAY I was going to miss Emma's first trip to Disney World! I was there when she was born and have seen her at least once a week since then (except when we were on our honeymoon). I HAVE to be there!

This is the most recent picture I have of her on my comp aside from wedding pics. I swear, she doesn't even look like this anymore! This was before she was walking.

Here are some pics of her from the wedding. Again, she was not walking but she did walk down the aisle holding my sister's hand...it was adorable! Then, by the time we got back from our honeymoon, she was a full-on WALKER!! Now you can't stop her! And she LOVES to dance!

This is one of my favorite pics in the whole wedding album.

Emma with my sister, Jamie (DznyLvr2005)

(See my sister's Mickey tat on her foot in this pic? I have the same one. We got them together last April.)

She had a wardrobe change!

Finally, this is my sister with Emma and her husband, Justin, who will also be on this trip. (Emma won the centerpiece...no, we didn't rig it or anything.... )

Can you tell Emma's the first baby in the family???

Anyway, so it's Tom and I at CBR. We stayed there once before in a preferred room and loved it! Unfortunately, we couldn't get a preferred room with an AP rate this time but we'll try to request a good location! And we got a great rate! $89 a night for the first 2 nights, then $99 for the third. Not bad!!

Justin, Jamie and Emma are in a preferred room at CBR with the free dining package. They booked through some shady PBA TA and all the paperwork they've gotten is screwed up! She totally should have done it on her own, as she is VERY knowledgable about WDW but she thought she was getting a better deal. Her hotel says POP on one paper (originally they were there), NO ME tags at all, NO plane tickets at all (in fact they called Continental and they didnt' even have Emma down!), and it says they have 5 day hoppers when they wanted 6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all turns out okay for them or else we'll be waving them goodbye at the airport!

ALSO, my cousin Nicole and her son Nicholas (I know, what's with our names? It's an Italian thing, I guess ) are driving up from Miami on Saturday morning so we will be hanging out with them for the weekend AND my DBIL's friend from work and his fiance (Mike and Christy) will be there at the same time too. She actually made all the ADRs for the trip and I'm just beside myself with the fact that I actually planned NOTHING for this trip!

Usually I have spreadsheets and park hours and confirmation numbers out the wazoo but I am so proud of myself for taking the "go with the flow" attitude on this one and stepping back to let someone else take charge. My attitude might change once we're there and I really start feeling lost, but I think I can manage alright.

So that's the cast. We are going from 4 straight trips with just the two of us, to now a short trip with 9 people!!

Up Next: So where ARE we eating? And what's the PLAN!?!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

subbing

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: