Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your pictures!!!

I love the Bruce pictures!!! Too cute!! Haha, I did end up passing up the Bruce photo op! There was a bit of a line, and I had to go to the bathroom so bad!!! So I said, "Forget it! I need to find the restroom!" I'll have to be sure to get a picture there next time!

Aww! I miss Epcot! I didn't get to spend nearly enough time there!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #32
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

How fun to do the Seas tour!! My friend just signed up to do it with her family in November. Her DH can't swim, but they told her he can wear a floatie and he will be fine! I hope you will be able to do the tour on your next trip!

You are a BRAVE girl to do the serious side of Mission Space! We have done the weenie side a couple of times - that was enough. I hate to have air blowing on me, and the last time we rode that A/C was blowing in my face the whole time.

We only have enough DVC points left for 12 nights at WDW next year, so I *think* we will end up doing 3 nights at US/IOA. Wed-Fri, then go home early Sat. That gives us a full day at each park and time to just putz around.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #33
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your pictures!!!

I love the Bruce pictures!!! Too cute!! Haha, I did end up passing up the Bruce photo op! There was a bit of a line, and I had to go to the bathroom so bad!!! So I said, "Forget it! I need to find the restroom!" I'll have to be sure to get a picture there next time!

Aww! I miss Epcot! I didn't get to spend nearly enough time there!!!
I know!! I loved Epcot. Next time I will spend 2 days or at least a day and half there. I got my Mom's pictures and will be uploading them tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
How fun to do the Seas tour!! My friend just signed up to do it with her family in November. Her DH can't swim, but they told her he can wear a floatie and he will be fine! I hope you will be able to do the tour on your next trip!

You are a BRAVE girl to do the serious side of Mission Space! We have done the weenie side a couple of times - that was enough. I hate to have air blowing on me, and the last time we rode that A/C was blowing in my face the whole time.

We only have enough DVC points left for 12 nights at WDW next year, so I *think* we will end up doing 3 nights at US/IOA. Wed-Fri, then go home early Sat. That gives us a full day at each park and time to just putz around.
Tell your friend she will LOVE IT! My husband told me that there was a woman there that couldn't swim well and you saw the instructor was with her almost the whole time. My husband it not a great swimmer but he did just fine. He said they make you comfortable about throughout the whole tour. Look for another installment soon!!

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #34
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Downtown Disney and Hoopte Doo!

We slept in and I took the girls to the swimming pool. While everyone else mosied along. Some ate breakfast at Everything Pops (which I was told had great omelets) and other just laid around. I had great pictures and a video of me and the girls doing synchronized swimming! I am so bummed about my camera. So around Noon we got on the bus to downtown disney. First stop was to create your own TShirt. The girls did this and DNana and DAuntie had one made as well. They all turned out great. We were supposed to eat lunch at Rainforest (I really wanted to.) but everyone ruled it out the day before. So We took pictures in front of it. I loved this restaurant. Yeah the Animaltronics are a bit corny but it is good food.
DNana, DH and tha girls

We shopped for a bit and then ate at different places. I wanted to try Earl of Sandwhich! DS and DNeph dis Puck something and said it was really good. Earl of Sandwhich to me was a lot like Panera Bread. I didn't like my sandwhich. It was Hawaiian steak. My husband loved his and my daughters vegetarian was awesome (I know because I ate the other half). It was very busy but organized. We left there and shopped some more. I was looking for Mickey's Place where there are inexpensive souvenirs. Well after asking several cast members we stumble upon it ourselves. It is the same souvenirs just the cheaper ones. The boys left us to go to another park but we made them promise to be at Ft Wilderness on time and they were. So we decided to leave from Downtown Disney to get to Hooptee Doo. Found out we had to take a bus to Grand Floridian and take a boat from there. It was the least amount of walking for my DNana and DBFF. Here are more pictures of DTN Disney:

Here's Picture of us at Grand Floridian: Beautiful resort

We got to Ft. Wilderness and it was so cool. It was like walking back into olden days. I loved it. We waited to check in for Hooptee Doo. Here are some pictures of us waiting...

DH was interested in the horses that did the horse rides. The CM was so nice and talked with us for a while. He said the one horse falls asleep while walking.
DNana checking out to see if the horse was awake.

Then we finally got checked in and picture taken. I will post that later. Inside we went for Hooptee Doo. It was so funny and corny at the same time. The food was DA BOMB!!

more :

BBQ Ribs, Fried chicken, baked beans, salad, corn bread (excellent), red mashed potatoes and sangria, beer, all you can eat! If you emptied a bucket they refilled it!
Everyone loved the show! When we left we got on the bus and my DS and DNeph started making jokes from the show. Play on words (bear). Making statements like that was a "Beary good show" or we Bearly made it on this bus. So the rest of the trip we would do jokes like that. We had to wait a long time B4 the bus moved. One person got so upset he was yelling at the bus driver. The Bus driver was very diplomatic and told him that he would have to take it up with Guest Services. He was doing his job to make sure everyone was on the bus. Besides listening to his rants we had a wonderful time there. We went back to the resort and crashed. This was the first time that everyone in the family was snoring!!! Next up...getting my DD to come over to the "Thrill" side!

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know I following your trip report. We are staying at pop in 3 weeks. How was your stay there? We usally stay at a moderate but are trying to save some money this trip since it is the second one this year. We are doing 2 days at Epcot we love it there.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #36
Melissa<3Disney
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love this trip report!! Your family seems like they are having such a great time!! We are taking my family in March...5 adults and 2 kids!! It's so nice to see big groups having a good time!! I love, love, love, your pics!! I'm so sorry you lost your camera.. I think I would cry!! !! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #37
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just wanted to let you know I following your trip report. We are staying at pop in 3 weeks. How was your stay there? We usally stay at a moderate but are trying to save some money this trip since it is the second one this year. We are doing 2 days at Epcot we love it there.
Welcome! Ask any questions! We stayed in rooms 5241-5243! They were great! It was close enough to the pool but far enough and around the back where you didn't hear the noise of the pool! We loved it there! Everything Pops is busy is very at Dinner time but it was still great. The theming is cool! The pools are very nice. The Cast Members were always helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa<3Disney View Post
I absolutely love this trip report!! Your family seems like they are having such a great time!! We are taking my family in March...5 adults and 2 kids!! It's so nice to see big groups having a good time!! I love, love, love, your pics!! I'm so sorry you lost your camera.. I think I would cry!! !! Can't wait to hear more!!
I know I wanted to cry. It was so disheartening because I had pictures at the pool and other places that were so great! I took it to a computer GURU at work and he couldn't get them off of the disk. Welcome to my trip report!

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #38
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom

So we had a 8:30AM ADR at Tusker house for Animal Kingdom. On the way to the bus we met a family that had a boy with Cerebal Palsy. He had the most beautiful eyes and he was very sweet. His family was Mom, Dad, Grandma and Great Auntie. We were running late and they told us not to worry that they were always late. We rode the bus and talked to the Dad and they were so nice. Once we got to Animal Kingdom we checked in at the turnstiles(because we were there before the park opened) and they checked to see if our names were there. We ran ahead and got checked in. On the way in all the cast members were saying welcome and smiling. It was nice. Once we all arrived, we were met at the door by our waitress Chris (Judy, I will explain that). She explained how the buffet worked and the Jungle Juice which we loved. It was some African breakfast cuisine on one buffet, regular buffet on another and cold cereal stuff on another. It was great! We got to spend time with the characters and DNana and DAuntie had hats for their favorite characters. Here are some pictures.

I had pictures of the buffet but ....you know what happened. They give the kids Moraccas and they dance around the restaurant.

DH kept calling our waitress "Judy". It was hilarious! She was such a great waitress. She played along when we would tease my DH. He took a picture with her. Here are more pictures.

Goofy signing for the Girls

After breakfast, DNana, DAuntie and DBFF wanted to do the Safari. The rest of us wanted to ride. Now my DD is afraid of most rollercoasterst that have a hill or sound scary. So she did not want to ride the Yeti. So the first ride we rode was the River rapid. I didnot want to get wet so I waited. I met a nice guy from NJ and we sat and talked. Then we went to ride the Yeti. My daughter waited outside the entrance. Well once I rode it I knew she would like it once she got on. So DS, DN, DNeph and I were trying to convince her to get on. DS said you have to stop being afraid of everything. She said I am not afraid I am just Thrill ride Challenged. We all fell out laughing. She then decided to get on and absolutely loved it!!!! She got on again and again. I got a call from the other group and they said that Lion King show was going to show soon. The Boys decided they didn't want to see it so we met with the other group and waited to get inside. I loved the fans with the mist. They had one in line. Those are the best. We finally got in for the show and DD and DN were picked to show the dance at the beginning. Here are pictures.

My DH got picked to do the "Elephant Side" here is my DNana's video. Its hilarious. Keep in mind she is new to technology.

The show is awesome:

The Monkeys kept picking "bugs" off of the girls and us! They also would jump and scare the girls. It was Great!!!
It was hot at Animal Kingdom! Whew. Went to Dinoland and rode the Primeval whirl. It was fun but very jerky. Then we went to ride Dinosaur! Wait until you see our picture. I will upload it tomorrow!

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-04-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #39
Candy30
DIS Veteran

OK You Waited for it! Here it is!

Our Dinosaur picture!!

Look at DNana she is just so calm and smiling. We all asked her weren't you scared. She told us, "Honey, at my age and with 7 kids and umpteen grand and great grand kids...what could scare me? Not a stupid Dinosaur. I tell you that!!!."

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-04-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #40
Candy30
DIS Veteran

A few side topics

For the last three days we rented a scooter for DBFF and DNana. It was the best thing. My suggestion is NOT to rent from Disney. It's $80.00 dollars per day and you get $20.00 back. I asked the Great Aunt of the family we had met earlier and she said to rent from someone else it's cheaper. So I called a few numbers off the back of scooters and found the cheapest. It was a little over a Hundred dollars and included insurance. The Dad of the family (while on the bus) told us that the Great Aunt demolished 2 Scooters and that they were afraid that no one would rent to her this trip!

Here a few pictures of our room that my DNana had. We took our kids out of school for the trip and my daughter had designated times to do schoolwork all but one of the days. It worked out for us because when we returned from Disney, the G-20 summit was occuring and they didn't have school Wed-Fri and she was able to complete all her assignments and do some bonus work.
Daughter doing homework

My DD said that I had to put an embarassing picture of her Brother. This is the one she picked:

I am not sure why my DNana had this picture:

The pools were great. Many mornings and evenings there were people in the pools. A few mornings there were 2 ducks in the pools. There were Anoles all around (little lizards). My son used to have them as pets but they still scared me when they ran. There were a few love bugs not many and they were really attracted to white. Here's a blurred picture of the pool. This was our last day so we gave our ball to some kids that were already in the pool that morning. Here's DN paying it forward:

About the 3rd day I noticed this door:

It was Parkers momma from on the Disboards! I never got to meet them but I did sign there door. It was funny. I really only met one person and that was the first day. I had my green badge on my purse and our backpack we took into the park. So I was happy to sign ParkersMom's door. THANKS!!!!
They had their window decorated with Disney characters. It was cute.

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-04-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #41
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Your DD is definitely not alone!!! I'm also Thrill Ride Challenged! She's braver than me though! I didn't have the guts to ride Expedition Everest! I'm glad to hear she loved it! I'll keep that in mind next time I'm at Animal Kingdom!

That's so cool! I didn't see any lime green Mickey heads on my trip! That is a really great idea to put sign sheets on your door! I may have to do that next time!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #42
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy30 View Post
For the last three days we rented a scooter for DBFF and DNana. It was the best thing. My suggestion is NOT to rent from Disney. It's $80.00 dollars per day and you get $20.00 back. I asked the Great Aunt of the family we had met earlier and she said to rent from someone else it's cheaper. So I called a few numbers off the back of scooters and found the cheapest. It was a little over a Hundred dollars and included insurance. The Dad of the family (while on the bus) told us that the Great Aunt demolished 2 Scooters and that they were afraid that no one would rent to her this trip!

Here a few pictures of our room that my DNana had. We took our kids out of school for the trip and my daughter had designated times to do schoolwork all but one of the days. It worked out for us because when we returned from Disney, the G-20 summit was occuring and they didn't have school Wed-Fri and she was able to complete all her assignments and do some bonus work.
Daughter doing homework

My DD said that I had to put an embarassing picture of her Brother. This is the one she picked:

I am not sure why my DNana had this picture:

The pools were great. Many mornings and evenings there were people in the pools. A few mornings there were 2 ducks in the pools. There were Anoles all around (little lizards). My son used to have them as pets but they still scared me when they ran. There were a few love bugs not many and they were really attracted to white. Here's a blurred picture of the pool. This was our last day so we gave our ball to some kids that were already in the pool that morning. Here's DN paying it forward:

About the 3rd day I noticed this door:

It was Parkers momma from on the Disboards! I never got to meet them but I did sign there door. It was funny. I really only met one person and that was the first day. I had my green badge on my purse and our backpack we took into the park. So I was happy to sign ParkersMom's door. THANKS!!!!
They had their window decorated with Disney characters. It was cute.
GREAT TRIP REPORT!! And finally....HI!!!

We have put signs on our doors for a couple years now. The middle one, "where are you from" is something we do to compensate for DD missing school. We come home and look all the places on the map. Next year, I'm planning on doing a HUGE world map with stars so anyone who wants can make their state and sign their names. DD is going to be in fourth grade so we thought it would be fun.

The "DO YOU DIS"...soooo much fun! I met several Dis'ers at POP. Next year, I'm adding, "Knock and say HI" to the poster. I wish you would have!! This was our first time at POP, as we usually stay at AS Movies, but we booked the bounceback for POP.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

.......2005.......................2006............ .........2007......................2008........... ............2009........................2010......
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #43
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
Your DD is definitely not alone!!! I'm also Thrill Ride Challenged! She's braver than me though! I didn't have the guts to ride Expedition Everest! I'm glad to hear she loved it! I'll keep that in mind next time I'm at Animal Kingdom!

That's so cool! I didn't see any lime green Mickey heads on my trip! That is a really great idea to put sign sheets on your door! I may have to do that next time!
Yes it took some convincing and a few grabs at my hand but once she relaxed she was screaming and laughing with all of us! She rode Jurrasic Park at US and the picture was hilarious!!!!!! It has the drop at the end. And she was literally hugging the safety bars!! What was funnier was so was I!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers*momma View Post
GREAT TRIP REPORT!! And finally....HI!!!

We have put signs on our doors for a couple years now. The middle one, "where are you from" is something we do to compensate for DD missing school. We come home and look all the places on the map. Next year, I'm planning on doing a HUGE world map with stars so anyone who wants can make their state and sign their names. DD is going to be in fourth grade so we thought it would be fun.

The "DO YOU DIS"...soooo much fun! I met several Dis'ers at POP. Next year, I'm adding, "Knock and say HI" to the poster. I wish you would have!! This was our first time at POP, as we usually stay at AS Movies, but we booked the bounceback for POP.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Awww. HI!!!!! I thought about knocking but then I didn't want to seem like I was weird. The day we were at the pool (Saturday), I would occasionally check to see if I caught a glimpse of anyone. Your door was in the perfect spot too!!! I think My DNana signed it too but I am not sure. She took the pictures so she might have signed the state one. I think it's a great idea and perfect for school kids too! I know there were a lot of DIS'ers there because of posting here but I did not meet hardly anyone! We were tempted to do the bounceback but with the economy and my job we decided to wait.

Maybe 2011. But we will see.

Side Note: How was the cleaning of your room?

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #44
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Up next

After everyone in my family has been in a show......I FINALLY WAS Picked!!! Stay tuned to see what show and what I played.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #45
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Disney Hollywood Studios

We got off to a late start. When I did my ten minute morning knock on DBFF Door, we found out that the scooter didn't charge. So we called them and they said they would bring one over right away. DBFF said she would meet us in the park. So off to the bus stop and on our way to DHS. Here's the girls on the bus:

When we arrived we head for pizza planet. The CS is good the restaurant looks just like the movie but it is very loud and crowded there. After lunch we head to the star wars ride. It was fun. DBFF called and said that the scooter they brought was damaged on the ride over and they had called for another. The guys took off and it was just us girls. We did Muppets 3D and that was hilarious! We got in line for the backlot tour but then decided not to ride it. It started raining so we decided to do toy story mania! DBFF called and was in the park. We hooked up with her and the scooter, and the guys and decided to to the Great Movie ride. It was OK. I kept hearing the host in the cars in front of us and it was distracting. My DH said because I am too nosy! We looked at the times for some of the shows and most of them were a half hour or started at the same time. So we opted to see Indiana Jones. I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast but was out voted. The guys were like no way The next show was at 4:00 and it was 2:00 so we decided to ride Aerosmith Rockin Roller coaster! My DD did not want to ride and stayed with DNana and Auntie. It was a blast!!!! DS wanted to ride with me because he wanted to hear and see my reaction to the blast off. The pictures were hilarious at the end. I knew my daughter would love it. But could I get her to ride it. We rode it again and DAuntie said she wanted to ride it after we talked about it so much. We kept trying to convince my DD. My son wanted me to ride the TOT. Now I am not a fun of drops. I can take it in a roller coaster but not over and over again. So after he told me that it wasn't that bad I agreed to go.

While we were sitting on the ride I told him and DNeph that I would punch and beat them up if it was bad. Well they started giggling and I knew I was in for it. Once we got through the hallway to the other elevator, DS and DNeph started everyone screaming. It was hilarious!! We didn't even drop yet!!! My DS said"Ok Mom do you want to go up or down?" I instinctively said "UP! and then I thought again and said "Down" and that's where we went. I was insane and I screamed and hit my son the whole time. He was cracking up!! After I got off of the ride I was beating up my DNeph too. They both laughed at the picture. I was holding on to my sons arm and screaming. I knew my DD would not like that one. So After riding that we decided to head over to Indiana Jones Stunt show. We were able to get front seats!!!! Once the show started I told my DS and DNeph to raise hand to get picked. They didn't so I did! And I got picked to be an extra!! It was fun but soooooo hot under those costumes. Here's some pictures.
That's me next to the guy in grey!

The guy in stripes was from Austraila. Really funny and cool guy we joked and laughed the whole time. I wish I could remember his name.
This was the shooting guy scene:

This was the big guy punch scene. They let us take off those things on our heads. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot!!!

After we were done the Aussie guy asked for beer and we all laughed. They did give you bottle water. The show was great! I have a video but will upload that later. After the show we convinced my DD and DAuntie to ride Aerosmith.

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 10-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: