Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #16
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Loving your report, Candy! Looks like you all had a terrific time!!
US/IOA is on my agenda for 2010. Theoretically. I have been carrying water park tickets around for 3 years, so just because I have tickets for something doesn't mean we will actually GO.

Now, tell us MORE!!!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 09-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Bomb SCARE!!

I forgot to tell you (Dory) all that the day we went to US/IOA there was a bomb scare on the Bus at WDW. We didn't find that out until we turned on the TV in our Room. They shut the whole bus system down and did an inspection of every bus that was active. They found a parcel on the bus and no one claimed it. So it turned out to be a great day to visit US/IOA. I heard that the buses were about an hour to hour and half late but at least Disney was on it.

Jacks, I know the last time we were at Disney a family gave us their tickets to the water parks and we didn't use them either. We ended up giving them to another family of 4 for them to use. Hopefully they got to use them. YOu have to go to Universal! Your son will love it! It's not too big of a park but if I had the time I would have spent 2 days at US/IOA.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Epcot

We got up early to get to Epcot. Ate breakfast in our rooms and got dressed. Sidenote: Our room was not cleaned well these first two days. Small things like our cups were not thrown away or replinished. The bed was made and garbage emptied but that was it. My DBFF bed wasn't even made so we did make a call and after that the rooms were a little better. I make it a habit to clean my room when I first get in there anyway. So I knocked on the doors of my family to give the ten minute warning and DNana and DAuntie were ready! DBFF was having problems with her knees. So we met at the bus stop. Once at Epcot we stopped to take pictures in front of the Spaceship Earth.

DNana wanted to make it look like she was holding it with her finger. She is such a strong woman I actually can visualize her handling a worlds worth of problems on her finger. Love her.

DSon wanted to make it look like he carried it on his shoulders. That's my Boy!!!

The ever bouncy girls.

The crew

So after pictures we headed for Soarin'. DBFF knees were really bothering her so she went to rent a scooter (which turned out to be the best thing. More on that later). We got to Soarin' with 15 minute wait time.

THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! Loved the pine smell and orange effect. It was great. We met up with rest of the crew and walked over to The Seas with Nemo.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
bookmama
Mouseketeer

Hey y'all look like you were having a great time. We're going to US for two days while we're in WDW next year.

The trip report is lovely. can't wait to read more.

Look my 1st Ever TR. How we survived Tropical Storm Debbie
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....kip+the+lotion
Old 09-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Candy30
DIS Veteran

BookMama you will not be disappointed in US/IOA. It has so many things for people of all ages. There was something there for everyone. We didn't get to explore there Citywalk much or IOA. But I think 2 days would let you cover it all at a decent pace.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 09-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Aqua Sea Tour

I checked with Coral Reef restaurant to see if they had any cancellations or openings for around 2:00PM but she said I had to come and check back then.

Ok. So let me give you some background on this tour. It is a tour where you can snorkel with an oxygen tank in the aquarium at Nemos Pavilion. I found out about this...where else on these boards. You pay in advance (which some of you know was good for me) and they give you a reservation number. Now here on the boards they told me that you have to meet in the front of the park at EPCOT. Well when talking with the cast member she told me to meet in Nemo's pavilion at 11:30. You can be as young as 8 but must have an adult accompany you. So I knew my DS and I would love this. So I asked the whole family if they wanted to do this. Well my DD was a no and my DH No was more resounding. So I made arrangements for the 2 of us to go. Prior to going to Disney I saw my doctor and he recommended at this time I not do it because of having a new port put in recently.

So I was mad at that. So I also had to convince my DH to do it with my DS. OH Boy! He finally agreed and said that I owed him one.

So after Soaring we went to see Nemo ride in the Shells. Kinda kiddie like or as my teens said "Lame." Then the rest of the group went on Turtle Talk while we waited for the Tour Group. While waiting we watched the show with the guy in the scuba gear in the tank. Pretty cool. After the show I asked a Cast Member Carrie?, if the group met here and she told me no at the entrance of EPCOT. Well by now it was 11:30 and I was panicking. She told me not to panic and she would go find out where they were at. A few minutes later she said that someone will pick them up from here at Noon. PHEW! Well my son wanted to see the tank he was swimming in so we toured that and came back down. I told the rest of the group they could go see other rides instead of waiting but everyone wanted to see them. And DAuntie had been teasing my DH that she was going to take pictures and put them on UTUBE. So we finally met with Gordon. I asked Gordon if we could take pictures before they went out. DAuntie mentioned Utube again and Gordon was like sure. So off they went and we kinda hung around until they were ready. My DS said they were given a behind the scenes tour of how they took care of the sea life and a little show the dolphins did for them back stage. They were told in the tanks not to go near the dolphins side because they would try and pull them through the gate to play.

So we were waiting at the top of the stairs to be the paparazzi when Gordon came out and waved us down. He said he was taking them another way and wanted us to be able to take pictures beforehand. I got Video... Notice my son's facial change for pictures.

Before my DH left he said "you know this is not my cup of tea." I knew he was nervous then. My DS was ready! I was so excited for them and bummed for me. Here's a few shots from the paparazzi:

We were all so excited waiting for them to come into the tanks. My DBFF saw them first. Here is a few shots. Not too clear but you can kinda make them out.

My son: He really was a natural at this. The one lady said she thought he was one of the instructors. He loved it too. Who knows maybe???? He asked how long they have to go to school and he was turned off by the Marine biology of 6 years.

He was chasing everything including the sharks. They were told not to reach out to them because they were wild animals. We knocked on the pane at my son and he waved and pointed to a sea turtle he was chasing and was gone. DAuntie said he had a motor on his bum he was swimming so fast.

DH was Nervous! He waved at us quickly and kept his eyes open for sea life coming close. He said he was trying to find DS to keep an eye on him too.

DS changed his tank about 3 times. They were only supposed to be in the water for 1/2 hour but they were in there for 1 hour. It was awesome.

They were given a tshirt and a picture. Here it is! My guys!!!!! Love them.

After they got out I ran around the corner to see if Coral Reef had any openings and they didn't. So we walked through the lands to find a place to eat. We finally reached UK and Rose and Crown could seat us in 15 mins. Texted the guys and they met us there. I have pictures but I can't upload those yet from that goofy camera. More on EPCOT later.

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 09-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
teedee
DIS Veteran

I am so loving your TR! Thanks for posting it. I had never heard of the Aqua Seas tour before, but it's something I think my daughter and son in law will love. I'm going to try and book it for our trip together next June.

Terri
Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #23
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Hi Candy!!

Wow that aqua seas tour looks awesome. I can see ds17 doing it when he turns 18, then we wont have to go with him. That was so sweet that you booked that for your ds!! Sorry you couldnt get into Coral Reef, we got an adr there in dec. as dh likes it there. Perfect timing that you were not in wdw during that incident!! Waiting for more!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #24
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
I am so loving your TR! Thanks for posting it. I had never heard of the Aqua Seas tour before, but it's something I think my daughter and son in law will love. I'm going to try and book it for our trip together next June.

Terri
Terri,

It was by far one of the top highlights of our trip! We were just spectators and we were loving it. After my daughter saw them in their wet suits she was ready to do it. It was totally worth every penny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Hi Candy!!

Wow that aqua seas tour looks awesome. I can see ds17 doing it when he turns 18, then we wont have to go with him. That was so sweet that you booked that for your ds!! Sorry you couldnt get into Coral Reef, we got an adr there in dec. as dh likes it there. Perfect timing that you were not in wdw during that incident!! Waiting for more!!
Your son will love it!!! I hope this gives my DS the push to decide what he wants to do.....I wish we could have gotten in at Coral Reef but Rose Crown wasn't too bad. The fish and chips was huge. My son was so hungry after that he ate his, DAuntie's and DNana's meals.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

So what does he think he might want to do?? If he can swim like that I think he definetely could be a summer lifeguard, its the est couple of hundred bucks I ever spent on the ds for lifeguard school. Does he want to be a marien biologist etc?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
bookmama
Mouseketeer

I love your TR. The aqua seas tour look fun. I so want to do this. I would sign up with my son, but he can't swim.

Look my 1st Ever TR. How we survived Tropical Storm Debbie
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....kip+the+lotion
Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #27
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
So what does he think he might want to do?? If he can swim like that I think he definetely could be a summer lifeguard, its the est couple of hundred bucks I ever spent on the ds for lifeguard school. Does he want to be a marien biologist etc?
I know he wants to deal with animals. He right now is interning for the Humane Society and loves it. I am going to look into that for him. He would like lifeguard. He is not too sure about what he is going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmama View Post
I love your TR. The aqua seas tour look fun. I so want to do this. I would sign up with my son, but he can't swim.
BookMama it was great. Well worth it. They had floatation devices on them so they could stay at the top. I am going to do my next installment soon.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #28
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Great TR!!!! I love the pictures!!!! Oh, I miss Disney so much!!!!

Wow! You've got quite a big group there! That must have been so much fun!!!

I wanted to stay at Pop Century on my trip, but it was all booked up! I'm hoping to stay there on my next trip! I really wanna try that tie dye cheesecake!!!

US/IOA looks like so much fun!!! My boyfriend loves it, but I've never been!

I was at Magic Kingdom the day of the bomb scare! Once the buses were back up and running they were backed up the rest of the night! So it was absolute chaos trying to leave the park that night!

The Aqua Sea tour definitely looks like something I would LOVE to do!!! Oh, that looks so awesome! I'm sorry you weren't able to do it, but it's great that your DS got to!

I can't wait to read more!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #29
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Hey Trickiwoo

Thanks for checking in! I just got finished updating myself on your report. I love all of your pictures of the grounds. I have awful news. My little disk went bad in my camera. I lost all of my pictures. I am going to my Mom's to get her pictures. LOL

All Star Music Sept 2001
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #30
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Epcot Cont

While at Turtle Talk. DN Kayla got picked again to talk to Crush. That was cool. We couldn't pass up the photo op with Bruce.

The girls

and another

I forgot to mention that my DBFF had the scooter(which was very expensive to rent for one day) and was able to go from restaurant to restaurant until she found Rose and Crown could accomodate our group (boy did that scooter come in handy). After eating at Rose and Crown we split up again. I had to take my daughter to Mexico for school and the others wanted to go to O'Canada. We managed to get video of her shopping and doing a transaction in Spanish (so we thought) so I didn't bother to take pictures. We Rode the boat ride and it was cute.

We met up with our group again and decided to ride Test Track. We got fast passes and then got on the ride. We Loved it!!! Then we went to Mission Space. And choose the more intense side. It was totally awesome. I thought it was going to be cheesy but it was absolutely great! We went back to test track and rode it again. Afterwards, Mom DAuntie and DBFF were tired and decided to go back to the resort. We rode Test Track again and went to Honey I shrunk the audience. Fun. Then we decided to leave before Illuminations. Everyone was getting tired. There was a throng coming in as we were walking toward the entrance. DD wanted to ride spaceship Earth so we did reluctantly. I was pleasantly surprised at the ride and the movie at the end. It was kinda cool. We caught our bus back to the resort and ate at Everything Pops. I got a greek salad with chicken and of course my tye dyed cheesecake. We took it back to the room to eat. Walking past my DNana and DAuntie's room was dark and I thought WoW we must have worn them out! But then DNana knocked on our door still dress and asked for something I don't remember what. She said she caught her 2nd wind and they walked around the worlds and stayed for Illuminations She never ceases to amaze me Next stop....Downtown Disney, Pool day and Hooptee-Doo-Review!!!!

All Star Music Sept 2001

Last edited by Candy30; 09-29-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: