Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
pooh101
Mouseketeer

Did CM give me wrong info about tix?J

I just booked a vacation package with 6 day ticket. Realized I'll really only be able to use 5 days because we're going to MNSSHP our first day. So, we'll only be at the parks for 5 days. While trying to figure out ADRs, I said I'd have a problem with one of her suggestions because we'd be in a different park that day. She said I'd be able to go to MK (for example), then go to Epcot for dinner, then back to MK. I asked her when this policy went into effect because when we were there in 2006, it was not allowed. ONE PARK PER DAY. Don't I need a park hopper for that. Her answer was no, I'd just use up another day. This would be great for us, but... Her explanation made sense, but...Won't all the park days be on one ticket? What's up?
Thanx
pooh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
debf
Mouseketeer

CM did give you wrong info. You have to have a Park Hopper to go to more than one park in a single day.

debf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
kiranic
Mouseketeer

That's not correct info. You would need a park hopper to go from MK to Epcot and then back.

You could use a day on your MNSSHP day to go to another park and then get into the party that night because MNSSHP is a hard ticket event. For example, we are going to Epcot in the am and using a days ticket and then to MNSSHP without having park hoppers that night because it is a separate ticket event.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Sorry, you spoke with a cm who is completely misinformed.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The CM definitely gave you the wrong info! You need the park hopper option to go to more than one park per day. Unless she meant you could use one day from your ticket to go to Epcot in the morning, and then use your party ticket to get into MK for the party that evening? That you could do. I have heard of CMs giving some incorrect info, but if she was suggesting that you could use multiple days in one day off a base ticket, that is pretty major misinformation to be giving out to customers!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
pooh101
Mouseketeer

Yeah! I figured as such. It wasn't for the day of MNNSHP. I explained that to her a few times. She understood, but still kept trying to "assure" me that I didn't need the PH. She even went so far as to say "not many people realize they'd be saving a lot of money if they just got the couple extra days of tickets". I kept asking, "Are you sure?". Really wanted to believe her. Hope she doesn't give this info to many 1st timers.Didn't get her name. Thank you all. Just wanted to double check--thought maybe I missed something. Oh well, WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY. YAY!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh101 View Post
Yeah! I figured as such. It wasn't for the day of MNNSHP. I explained that to her a few times. She understood, but still kept trying to "assure" me that I didn't need the PH. She even went so far as to say "not many people realize they'd be saving a lot of money if they just got the couple extra days of tickets". I kept asking, "Are you sure?". Really wanted to believe her. Hope she doesn't give this info to many 1st timers.Didn't get her name. Thank you all. Just wanted to double check--thought maybe I missed something. Oh well, WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY. YAY!!!!
Oh dear, she will mess lots of people vacations if she will not get training soon. Imagine people go for 5 days and getting 7 instead to use as hoppers and then get turned at the gate.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Oh dear, she will mess lots of people vacations if she will not get training soon. Imagine people go for 5 days and getting 7 instead to use as hoppers and then get turned at the gate.
I would think she already had training if she was answering questions on the phone. Seems like a pretty basic thing to mess up.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh101 View Post
She even went so far as to say "not many people realize they'd be saving a lot of money if they just got the couple extra days of tickets"
YIKES - that's a pretty major boo boo! I hope someone she works with/for sets her straight soon or there will potentially be some VERY unhappy families at the turnstiles.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access the "Cast Portal" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into the Portal for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

The official policy is:

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $52 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Lillabelle0
Mouseketeer

I understand what CM was trying to say. She simply said keep the extra days' ticket (that she said she wouldn't use due to MSSHP) and use it to get into the new park because it is cheaper to add days to your base ticket than to add the park hopper option. Ex. 7 day base ticket costs $234.01. To add park hopper option..7 day PH ticket costs $286.02. If you simply add 3 days to your original 7 day ticket making it a 10 day day ticket which would allow you to enter a new park on some days...cost is only $243.00 which is cheaper than your cost to add a park hopper. Get it? Granted you only have 3 times to "park hop" on your ticket. It is actually a good idea and one that I will now look into. Thanks OP for posting it...and thanks CM for saying it. I usually only enter 2 parks each anyway so it may be an option for me.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillabelle0 View Post
I understand what CM was trying to say. She simply said keep the extra days' ticket (that she said she wouldn't use due to MSSHP) and use it to get into the new park because it is cheaper to add days to your base ticket than to add the park hopper option. Ex. 7 day base ticket costs $234.01. To add park hopper option..7 day PH ticket costs $286.02. If you simply add 3 days to your original 7 day ticket making it a 10 day day ticket which would allow you to enter a new park on some days...cost is only $243.00 which is cheaper than your cost to add a park hopper. Get it? Granted you only have 3 times to "park hop" on your ticket. It is actually a good idea and one that I will now look into. Thanks OP for posting it...and thanks CM for saying it. I usually only enter 2 parks each anyway so it may be an option for me.
Everyone on this thread understands what the CM is saying. And they are all saying it's wrong, that you can't do it.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
... it is cheaper to add days to your base ticket than to add the park hopper option.
It is definitely cheaper, but it won't work. The turnstiles will reject your ticket and not let you in if you try and get into more than one different park in the same day with a nonPH tix.

Think of it this way - you're not buying a set number of park admissions, you're buying a set number of days admissions. So a 7 day nonPH tix gets you into one park per day for 7 days.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lillabelle0, please see Cheshire Figment's Post where he described why you can not do this. I can assure you he ALWAYS gives accurate info concerning this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access the "Cast Portal" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into the Portal for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

The official policy is:

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $52 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
pooh101
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Cheshire Figment;33677318]
I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

I hope you (or anyone on this thread) did not think that I was implying the CM LIED to me. That was absolutely not my intention I was 99.9% certain she "really did not have an answer", and that's why I told her that was not the policy the last time I went to WDW.
Thank you for posting the official policy. I decided to look it up right after I first posted here.

Lillabello0 That's how the CM tried to explain it too. IT'S NOT THE CORRECT INFO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: