Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #136
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

The End Begins!

It makes me so sad to write this chapter… so sad. It really is like leaving home when you end a vacation at Disney and you really don’t know when you will make it back. DH and I woke up that morning feeling very sad that our vacation was coming to an end. That is not to say we didn’t have a very full day ahead of us!

We got ready and finished packing what was left out. I tried to return all of the liquids returning home with us into a baggie in the carryon, but I know I forgot a few. Coordinating a park bag, checked luggage and carryon luggage is not a fun task! I made sure to have a nice change of clothes folded in a carryon to change into later for everyone and pack the park bag with everything we needed and nothing that violated FSA regulations before we woke the kids up… and I realized I didn’t pack their plush and blankies. Yay, more packing. We managed to get everyone dressed and call bell services pretty quickly. Our goal was to make it to MK for EMH at 8am and enjoy as much of the MK as we could on our last day.

After bell services (very quickly I might add) came up and took our bags we walked around a half a dozen times looking for anything we could have missed. All clear. I will admit I was teary eyed as I said goodbye to our room. The kids weren’t sure what was going on but they understood we were saying goodbye. We jumped in the elevator and saw this little guy for the last time:

The kids loved this guy and named him Ottie since I love River Otters and we spend a LOT of time watching them every time we go to the zoo. Although I think this little guy is actually a beaver, oh well where else better to use your imagination?

We took our customary stroll over the bridge… the last one… before bidding it farewell.

We headed outside to bell services to do our airline check in. The kids were really very well behaved as DH and I tried to figure out what was going on. We had no idea we could check our bag there and us the ME service to take it to the airport! I called the baggage number they gave me, charged the fee and they gave me a confirmation number for the bell hop. Easy-peazy! They printed out our boarding passes for us, gave us a luggage slip and sent us on our way to enjoy the rest of our day! How easy was that? We would pick up our carryon baggage later that evening. The entire process took about 10 minutes and mostly because we had no idea what was going on at first, lol.

Since we had decided to forgo visiting Stitch and head straight to the MK we were in need of some FOOD. As we were headed toward the RFC we came upon this little guy so we went outside...

(SIDENOTE: This is for any of you parents out here who has ever had a child forget to put on underpants… I just noticed in these photos that DS is wearing his swimming trunks. Why, you ask? Because his mommy forgot that he needed them for the last day and packed them in the luggage and when it came time to dress him she could not find them…. Anywhere!!! I tore apart the suitcases and not one pair! He did however have one pair that I had laid out for him to wear later that day but I was terrified of him having another accident and not having any for the flight so I let him wear his trunks. Note to self: Don’t hide the underwear! He looks like he is itching here but they didn’t give him a problem so in the end all was good. )

The kids were so excited to see the bunny! I think DD had ideas of taking it home with her! She kept saying “Come here little bunny! Come here! I hug you!” LOL

The bunny on the other hand did not come; he backed up a bit but didn’t bolt. Just watched us… watching him. LOL

Before DD made a lunge to grab her new pet we headed back inside and toward the RFC again. Taking a few pictures before heading indoors.

Really what can compare to this?

Next up: A MK Morning!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #137
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
It makes me so sad to write this chapter… so sad. It really is like leaving home when you end a vacation at Disney and you really don’t know when you will make it back. DH and I woke up that morning feeling very sad that our vacation was coming to an end.
I'm sad for you!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #138
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
I'm sad for you!
Thank you!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #139
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

I'm all caught up and it's time for departure? That stinketh! The AK day was sad but familiar. It didn't real vibe with our crew either. Glad you felt better the last day or two. Looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by GreatBiscuit; 02-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #140
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Oh no, it's almost over!

I love all the little details disney puts into things. That little beaver/otter is just adorable. How easily they could have left it out, but they seem to know it's the little things that make us happy!

DS has never forgotten underwear, but for the longest time after potty training, he absolutely refused to wear them. He requested specifically, "just pants" LOL. But swim trunks are so smart, I never would have thought of that. I'll put it in my "parenting ideas" section of my brain for later!

Excited for your last day!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #141
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
I'm all caught up and it's time for departure? That stinketh! The AK day was sad but familiar. It did real vibe with our crew either. Glad you felt better the last day or two. Looking forward to seeing how it all ends.
We are hoping that our next AK day is better and I will definatly better plan it! I was glad that I started feeling better as well. My voice didn't come back all the way while we were there but at least I didn't sleep the rest of the vacation away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Oh no, it's almost over!

I love all the little details disney puts into things. That little beaver/otter is just adorable. How easily they could have left it out, but they seem to know it's the little things that make us happy!

DS has never forgotten underwear, but for the longest time after potty training, he absolutely refused to wear them. He requested specifically, "just pants" LOL. But swim trunks are so smart, I never would have thought of that. I'll put it in my "parenting ideas" section of my brain for later!

Excited for your last day!
I loved that the WL is so FULL of small details. They are everywhere!

LOL, My son has a problem with pants more than underwear. If we are at home I have to constantly remind him to put on pants. He always says they itch.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #142
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I had sort of forgotten that I subscribed to this TR, but I just sat and read the entire thing-- and I'm so glad I did! Your children are adorable and I loved reading about their antics and discovering the magic!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #143
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

I will try to get an update out early this week. Things have been hectic at work for both DH and myself and so outside work is double hectic!

I surprised the kids and DH with a trip to Medieval Times today and WOW if ppl think Disney World is expensive they should spend a few hours here! I plan to write a mini-trip about it tomorrow since we had a BLAST and the kids loved it. Although in the back of my mind I was thinking "For the cost of 3 hours here we could have had an extra night at Disney!!!!" LOL
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #144
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I am a new reader and I am thrilled to have read your PTR and have caught up with your TR! I think your children are adorable. I have a four year old DD, she seems like your Lorelai--spirited on some days and an angel other days. (I have to ask if you watched Gilmore Girls because I cannot help but think of it when hearing the name Lorelai).

What a great vacation you have seemed to have overall. I am enjoying your TR because it seems like you are being honest--as oppose to sugar coating or denying the difficult/not so magically moments.

We are taking DD to WDW for her first visit come September and I am really enjoying finding PTR/TRs of those who went this past year around the same time we are heading off this year. I love learning all kinds of fun tips and such.

Looking forward to seeing how it wraps up...
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #145
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

This is from the new Disney Vacation site. It has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Click Here
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #146
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Oh you so should not have showed me that. TOO FUNNY, and now I'm going to spend the next hour making a few of them...

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #147
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Hello!

I am a new reader and I am thrilled to have read your PTR and have caught up with your TR! I think your children are adorable. I have a four year old DD, she seems like your Lorelai--spirited on some days and an angel other days. (I have to ask if you watched Gilmore Girls because I cannot help but think of it when hearing the name Lorelai).

What a great vacation you have seemed to have overall. I am enjoying your TR because it seems like you are being honest--as oppose to sugar coating or denying the difficult/not so magically moments.

We are taking DD to WDW for her first visit come September and I am really enjoying finding PTR/TRs of those who went this past year around the same time we are heading off this year. I love learning all kinds of fun tips and such.

Looking forward to seeing how it wraps up...
Gilmore Girls is my all time favorite show and yes that is where we got the name from. It completely fits her to a tee! She is very spirited!!! LOL

I have a hard time writing anything but the exact truth, it just feels... wrong.

I didn't get to write anything at all last week as we had a death in the family, my MIL. Please keep my husband and his sister in your prayers. My DH and his mother didn't have the best relationship and he has taken her death on Monday very hard. His birthday was Wednesday and he feels like his birthday is cursed (his aunt and grandma passed away on his birthday when he was a child). It has been a very long and rough week for our family. I hope to continue writing soon.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #148
linnell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
Gilmore Girls is my all time favorite show and yes that is where we got the name from. It completely fits her to a tee! She is very spirited!!! LOL
I love GG too, and I wanted to use Lorelai if we had a girl, but then I named our first Lucas "Luke" (after watching a GG marathon!)

I've been enjoying your write up. I think I posted before, but we're taking our 2 and 4 yos in Sept and staying at WL! I can't wait!

Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #149
lexmas
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and that your DH is having a hard time. Losing a parent is always difficult. I hope your DH is in better spirits soon, I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts!

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #150
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Very sorry to hear about your MIL. Prayers for you and your family and hugs to all.

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: