Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
rileyreese
Mouseketeer

Two Princesses and 1 Handsome Little Prince

I have been planning on starting this trip report for a while and have never gotten around to it so now that I should be packing I will start it!

I will start with the cast:
DH, Jeremy, not a Disney fan but he loves me and his daughters so he is ging along to make us happy,
ME, Riley, I like Disney and am a huge planner when it comes to vacation,
DD10, Haleigh, a Diva at its best (or worst),
DD8, Madison, a typical middle child, loving but often a pest,
DS10 months, Ethan, he is the baby and he knows it, he gets what he wants and if not shows that he is mad!
And last but not least DC (Dear Cousin) Lisa who is coming along to help with our little monsters, DC has never been to Disney and is SUPER excited!

I am going to try to figure out how to add photos in a few minutes!

A little history on this trip:
DH and I were planning on taking the girls to WDW on April of 2009, in July of 2008 DD8 (who was 6 at the time) informed me she was praying for a baby brother, we explained God answers all prayers just not always when/how we want! In September we found out we were pregnant, DD8 got her baby brother. DS was born in May of 2009 so afer we found out we were pregnant we moved our trip untl October of 2009, as it got closer to October we decided that we did not really have the money so the trip was moved AGAIN to April of 2010. DH and I were going to take all 3 kids by ourselves but I was telling my cousin that I was a little worried taking an infant and the girls with just us so she offered to go! I talked it over with DH and we agreed it would really help to have that extra set of hands, we want to be sure that the girls get lots of 1 on 1 time since DS requires so much of that!

In the next installment........ Where will we stay? Will we fly or drive? And since we used a TA, would we do that again?

Last edited by rileyreese; 04-07-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: To correct some spelling
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
rileyreese
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

I am going to make my second post the table of contents so that it will make things easier to find!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
rileyreese
Mouseketeer

Where will we stay? Will we fly or drive? ANd would we use a TA again?

You will find that I am not very funny but I hope someone will want to read and will learn some things from our mistakes!

First, Where will we stay?
I received the 20/30/40 pin so I called DIsney to get some prices and ended up book the Polynesian, the total cost for 4 adults (remember DD10) and 1 child was going to around $4,400 for the room, DDP and MYW tickets. I talked to DH and we decided that was possible, more than we really waned to spend but still possible. After I thought about it I decided that since I had aready gotten prices from a TA that came HIGHLY recommended by a friend I would cancel the rooms I ha booked and book with the TA. The night that I called Disney to cancel I explained what I was doing and that I was going to rebook and the CM told me I was not very magical, I was offened and ended up complaining, I could not beleive that he had said that !

So did we end up at the Poly? Nope, I decided that I am WAY to cheap for that so I thought 2 rooms at POFQ would fit us well. After talking to the TA she said we should try CBR, and get a preferred room, as estalished, I am took cheap for a preferred room so I did not want to do that so we thought about a suite at ASMu and the TA said she was not a fan of ASMu, she had just been there and it needed a refurb. So in the end we decided on 2 rooms at Pop!

Will we fly or drive? That is a great question! THe plan was for DH and I to drive with the kids and my cousin to fly down to meet us and it was a great plan, he only problem is that DS will only be good in the car for 6 hours (not that I blame him) and after 3 trips that were longer than 6 hours we decided to check prices to fly. I figured out that we could fly for a little over $1,000 and I had saved more than that by changing to Pop so I was all fo flying, it took DH a little longer to agree. In the end I found a DIng with SW and got our tickects for $73 each way and saved us $400 so I was really proud of that!

And will I ever use a TA again? My answer is no!!!!!! The TA I used was great BUT I want to be in control of the trip myself and be able to call and change things or add request and things like that! I think if you want to call someone and have all that done for you they would be great but that it not for me and I will consider this a lesson learned and next time do it myself!

In the next installment it will be ADR's, am I the only one who has trouble deciding?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

You are braver than I am to fly with a little one so young. We thought about flying but I just couldn't handle it with my 2 year old. I just knew she would drive everyone crazy.

Looking forward to reading more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: