Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Interesting that anyone would begrudge an airline the opportunity to actually put a plane in the air at a profit once in a while.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #17
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

It must just be for the folks choosing to visit during Easter. Jetblue released their fares and they are the same fares I'm use to getting. The fares I'm looking at for early March and late April are either $74 or $79 ec way (dulles). This is exactly what I see during every release. Aren't fare generally higher during all holidays? I suspect we'll see some sales in the future. At least JB gives you a credit if the price drops. Not all airlines do that. I didn't book my flights -- I just added them to my Yapta account and will wait and see what happens. I have plenty of time. If the fare doesn't drop, I'll fly SW or United. I'm pretty sure we'll see some drops. I've got a rt on JB for October, a rt on JB for December and a one way on JB for January and the prices change daily. My bar graph on Yapta looks like the stock market with all the ups and downs. Good luck.

Last edited by n2mm; 09-22-2009 at 09:01 AM.
n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #18
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

Have you considered driving? For that amount of money, you could drive, makes some stops along the way, and still come out cheaper. If your time is somewhat flexible, you could really make it a fun trip and add something new to your Disney vacation. I'll be doing this next month from Northern VA. We're stopping for two nights in Savannah on our way to Orlando.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

During popular travel times, airfare is always going to be expensive. We're saving over $150/pp by traveling one week later in October (not over a holiday.)

Are your travel times flexible?
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #20
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We booked it - same cost as our Dolphin or POFQ hotel room for 10 nights

We still want to go Easter 2010 - only time both our DS & DD will have off at the same time for the next 4 years. DS will be off to college next year and DD still in HS - so different days off in the Spring.

We love Spring time at WDW - such lovely weather, the Garden Festival going on at EPCOT and all the late night hours at MK (usually open till midnight - normal hours).

All the money I saved so far for WDW will pay for our flight - $2600
We do have great seats reserved on JetBlue - row 8 on the way to WDW and row 7 on the way back home.

Driving from our home is I think 20 hours from NY - at least 2 days to WDW and back. My DH can not take another 4 days off from work.

I hope we can get a credit from JetBlue. I wuld if we can get it on a gift card since we will not go back to WDW form at least another 3 years.

Last edited by goofy4tink; 09-22-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: could be interpreted as racist.
pooh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: