Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #841
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calijo View Post
Hi,
I was wondering if we're too late to be added to the list for the fish extender gifts ... I noticed a few other late joiners and your printed list of those participating.

This is our first Disney Cruise and I just joined the Dis Board list .... aarrgh!

My kids would be really excited to participate; here are our details!

Jim and Joanne
Ryan (boy) 9
Megan (girl) 3
Room 7032
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
We have enough extra to add you to our list. Look for a little something in your FE. If you don't have time to make a FE, just make sure you have some kind of bag hanging there for the goodies.

And welcome aboard!!

We will be meeting with the kids at 3 pm at the Mickey Pool. There are a couple of 9/10/11 year olds.
We're prepared also! Welcome Aboard!

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #842
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

I've added the new people to my list. Welcome all!

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #843
grandmatotwo
mama-of-three

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaltes View Post
You go, girl! I can't wait to see how this turns out. When are you doing the "reveal"?

Ben, Jenny, Lily, and Grandma Dot
Currently they believe that we are going camping just a short distance away from Wed - Sun. I have arranged the extra days off with his boss. And the reveal will be on Monday July 25 at 8:00 pm when we get our telephone call from Mickey Mouse. I will have my daughter video tape it because I can't wait to see their faces. 6 more sleeps till I don't have to keep this secret any more.
grandmatotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #844
ariel39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have enough extra to add you to our list. Look for a little something in your FE. If you don't have time to make a FE, just make sure you have some kind of bag hanging there for the goodies.

And welcome aboard!!

We will be meeting with the kids at 3 pm at the Mickey Pool. There are a couple of 9/10/11 year olds.
We will have enough too!!!

See you all next Tuesday!

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise July 26, 2011

Royal Carribean - Liberty of the Seas Caribbean Cruise - June 2010

Disney Magic Mediterrean Cruise July 18-28, 2007

ariel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #845
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Total of 43 people in FE?

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation

Last edited by plutojudy; 07-19-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #846
brackjr

Washing and packing today!

Also looked through a friend's photos who had just returned from the Wonder cruise.

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #847
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Brack, how did Annette's tests go? Hope all is well.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #848
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

DCL vs. Parks

Have definitely decided that we are cruise people vs. park people. Only 1.5 days down at Disneyland and I am so fed up with people! Or maybe we are just WDW vs. DL people?

It certainly seems to me that WDW handles crowds a heck of a lot better than DL does. It took them 35 minutes to load our first ride this morning! Talk about a waste of extra magic hours! And there are SOOOOO MANY people here! You can't move between Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear! Let alone try and keep track of a very quick and small 4-year-old! She's already been knocked down once - and the person didn't apologize or even stop!!!! People have cut in front of us in lines and just not been very pleasant!

One of our tickets was not readable on the bar code - so we couldn't get fast passes with it. Yet there were no cast members even assisting anyone with the fast passes. Then when we tried to reprint it, they told us the system wouldn't let them, so they'd just write in the missing number. We pointed out that was useless for fast passes, and they seemed at a loss. Then someone said - you could give them free fast passes. Yes - they could have done that. But almost immediately - they reprinted the park ticket instead. Huh?

Trying to get the girls to take naps so we can go back to the parks for the fireworks tonight. DCL take me away......

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #849
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
Brack, how did Annette's tests go? Hope all is well.
The good news is that the Cardiologist said that her heart is "perfect" with zero blockages. He was dumbfounded because he really thought that he would find something!

The not so good news is that we are back to needing to find out what has caused the rapid heart beat and higher blood pressure. It would be good to find out that it is a reaction to the non-steriod medicine so she would never take it again.

If it is something else then we need to deal with that fairly quickly ..... after the cruise.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and pixiedust.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #850
brackjr

The wash is done!

I pulled out the suitcases but have not put anything in them. I am now working on luggage tags and door magnetics.

Why do I feel so far behind? Maybe it's because on all the others cruises I had this sort of stuff done two weeks ahead!

I spent two hours looking for my FE only to not find it! So now I am putting together a replacement.

I will be ready no matter what by 6AM Friday!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #851
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

When you come back, we'll be there!

Just saw the Wonder leave Canada Place on the webcam!

I'd post the link, but it's gone already!

You can follow it here if you want: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Just type "Disney Wonder" in the "vessel" box on the left, hit enter and you'll see where she's headed!

Note: It doesn't report all the time - but it's fun to see where it is...

Ben
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #852
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

ITA with what our impression of how DL was. We spent 2 days in the parks before the 2008 EBPC. I could easily see what Walt improved on at WDW. The ride loading with the people movers makes such a difference. The streets are narrower, which leads to more crowding and grumpy attitudes. The CMs were much grumpier too. One "lady" kept telling us that we couldn't stay where we were for the fireworks and we wern't going to, but were trying to figure out where we could go with the stroller, since things are definitely more defined for that on the street in front of the castle. The third time she told us we had to move, without offering any advise as to where to, I told her [as watching some obvious shirts walk by with their name tags and walkies] that we didn't want to be anywhere around her and I was going to add her to the list of why we like WDW better than DL.

Now there were some things that I liked more at DL...POC being a longer ride, the personalization in the parade since the characters are all miked and not enclosed in the globes. Several princes both walking by and on the floats wished DD a happy birthday, which shocked me at first. LOL! They also read all of the ride directions instead of pushing a button for the recording to start. I really liked being able to watch Wishes and Fantasmic within an hour of each other at the same park both nights we were there too. I miss Fantasmic because we don't go to MGM anymore.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #853
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Here is the site with the webcams for the ports.
http://www.kroooz-cams.com/portcams/us/juneau.php

If you copy picture and post to paint then you can save the picture so that you can post it and others can see it later.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #854
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
Have definitely decided that we are cruise people vs. park people. Only 1.5 days down at Disneyland and I am so fed up with people! Or maybe we are just WDW vs. DL people?

It certainly seems to me that WDW handles crowds a heck of a lot better than DL does. It took them 35 minutes to load our first ride this morning! Talk about a waste of extra magic hours! And there are SOOOOO MANY people here! You can't move between Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear! Let alone try and keep track of a very quick and small 4-year-old! She's already been knocked down once - and the person didn't apologize or even stop!!!! People have cut in front of us in lines and just not been very pleasant!

One of our tickets was not readable on the bar code - so we couldn't get fast passes with it. Yet there were no cast members even assisting anyone with the fast passes. Then when we tried to reprint it, they told us the system wouldn't let them, so they'd just write in the missing number. We pointed out that was useless for fast passes, and they seemed at a loss. Then someone said - you could give them free fast passes. Yes - they could have done that. But almost immediately - they reprinted the park ticket instead. Huh?

Trying to get the girls to take naps so we can go back to the parks for the fireworks tonight. DCL take me away......
Oh so sorry your DL trip is not going well! We WAY prefer DL to MK (although we LOVE WDW as a whole better), but then we know DL so well that we are able to move around and avoid crouds easlily and get onto every ride at least once in a day. It IS very crowded there in July, but we went a few years ago in July with DD and her DH and I was able to get fastpasses for all the rides by 4 pm and then we just went and rode! We are not much parade people so we avoid Main Street like the plague during that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackjr View Post
The good news is that the Cardiologist said that her heart is "perfect" with zero blockages. He was dumbfounded because he really thought that he would find something!

The not so good news is that we are back to needing to find out what has caused the rapid heart beat and higher blood pressure. It would be good to find out that it is a reaction to the non-steriod medicine so she would never take it again.

If it is something else then we need to deal with that fairly quickly ..... after the cruise.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and pixiedust.
Brack, Dennis says "yes, the med is probably the problem." He always "thinks druggily when something goes awry." He will be happy to confer on the ship!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #855
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh so sorry your DL trip is not going well! We WAY prefer DL to MK (although we LOVE WDW as a whole better), but then we know DL so well that we are able to move around and avoid crouds easlily and get onto every ride at least once in a day. It IS very crowded there in July, but we went a few years ago in July with DD and her DH and I was able to get fastpasses for all the rides by 4 pm and then we just went and rode! We are not much parade people so we avoid Main Street like the plague during that time.
I can do that at MK - but guess I just don't know DL well enough. We have not figured out the traffic flow or the fast passes that we need to get when. If you have tips - would love to hear them since we'll be here till Saturday am.

The fireworks were beautiful this evening though! And they blocked all of main street, so we just plopped ourselves down in the middle with some ice cream cones! Pretty good view! And the girls decided they loved Thunder Mountain - so we were able to get multiple fast passes and ride it three more times tonight. They are happy and EXHAUSTED!!!!

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: