Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #811
kwm
Earning My Ears

Hi Terri! We also have extra FE gifts! It will be fun.
kwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #812
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmatotwo View Post
thanks 3princessmommy. Can you give me details on how to do a FE. I would love to participate even if we are sort of an add on. Sounds like a big part of the whole disney experience. Cabin 6521 John, Terri and Josh (6 year old boy)
It's really easy - and loads of fun!

You will need to hang something on the outside of your cabin - from the fish by the door. Hence the name "Fish Extender." Most folks have something that looks like this:

But you can use a canvas bag or stocking or anything that you desire. Some folks like to tie them with the plastic safety ties to ensure that they don't wander off. I've heard of this happening, particularly with things that are not personalized, so if you spent some $$ on it or it has sentimental value, it's something to consider.

To participate in the FE exchange, you choose one day on the cruise (or multiple days - there are no strict rules) to run around and play secret santa to everyone in your FE group - the cabins on the list. Some people make special gifts. Others bring things that represent where they are from. Some just drop in candy. Others may leave a magnet on your door (remember the cabin doors are metal and you can't put tape on them, so Disers will often decorate their cabin doors with magnets!) It's nice if you let folks know who gave them the present so they can thank you after the cruise on the boards. There are no rules as to the size, quantity, or quality of the gift. It's just fun exchanging small items with the new friends you've met on the ship! (It's also a GREAT way to figure your way around the ship if you've never been on it before!)

That's it! Pretty simple.

I'll repost the FE list adding you as a latecomer for those that have extras.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #813
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks 3princessmommy. Can you give me details on how to do a FE. I would love to participate even if we are sort of an add on. Sounds like a big part of the whole disney experience. Cabin 6521 John, Terri and Josh (6 year old boy)
Okay everyone! We have a new FE participant, and I still haven't heard from Shellie (Mikash) to confirm that they are still on this sailing or what their cabin number is. So, if you have extras for the FE exchange, please add Terri and her family to your list!

ScreenName.........................Names.......... ...Cabin #...Adults...child......Ages...Girls/Boys........... Names............Restrictions
3PrincessMommy/BigAWL...Joann & Aaron.....6024/6026......2..........3......9, 7, & 4....3g.....Caitlin/Alexandra/Grace.....none
Brack...............................Brack & Annette.....2515..........2
" .....................................Brack & Jennifer.......6323........2
Kate2961...........................Kate & Randall ......7552..........2..........1... .....10.........1b...................Aidan........ ...........none
Memowse9.......................Lori & Dennis..........7130..........2
Mikash.................................Shellie.... ................................
MrsMork........................Dennis & Angie..........6319..........2......... .1 ........11.........1b...................Aaron….... ...........none
Plutojudy...........................Fred &Judy............5122..........2
Kwm...................................Cindi & Dan.........7564...........2....... ..2.......7 & 9......1g/1b..............Kaili/William.......no princesses/loves Pooh & Cars
"....................................Grdma/Grdpa/Myk....7560...........3..........1. .......11.........1g.................Mikela. ...............no princesses/loves Stitch
Ariel 39...........................Teri & Jennifer.........5142...........2..........1...... ....9..........1g
"...................................Danny & Kathie.........5144...........2
"...................................Nishelle & Breanna....5146...........1......... .1.........15.........1g
"..................................Ron & Kristina............5148...........2

Extra:
Grandmatotwo.................Terri & John..............6521..........2..........1...... ..6...........1b..................Josh

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #814
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Ok, I've added you onto my list! Did I mention that I have not yet completed ours?? But, half way there now and we will get on it after church tomorrow. As was explained, just hang something on your fish so we can put the trinkets in there.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #815
kwm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
Okay everyone! We have a new FE participant, and I still haven't heard from Shellie (Mikash) to confirm that they are still on this sailing or what their cabin number is. So, if you have extras for the FE exchange, please add Terri and her family to your list!

ScreenName.........................Names.......... ...Cabin #...Adults...child......Ages...Girls/Boys........... Names............Restrictions
3PrincessMommy/BigAWL...Joann & Aaron.....6024/6026......2..........3......9, 7, & 4....3g.....Caitlin/Alexandra/Grace.....none
Brack...............................Brack & Annette.....2515..........2
" .....................................Brack & Jennifer.......6323........2
Kate2961...........................Kate & Randall ......7552..........2..........1... .....10.........1b...................Aidan........ ...........none
Memowse9.......................Lori & Dennis..........7130..........2
Mikash.................................Shellie.... ................................
MrsMork........................Dennis & Angie..........6319..........2......... .1 ........11.........1b...................Aaron….... ...........none
Plutojudy...........................Fred &Judy............5122..........2
Kwm...................................Cindi & Dan.........7564...........2....... ..2.......7 & 9......1g/1b..............Kaili/William.......no princesses/loves Pooh & Cars
"....................................Grdma/Grdpa/Myk....7560...........3..........1. .......11.........1g.................Mikela. ...............no princesses/loves Stitch
Ariel 39...........................Teri & Jennifer.........5142...........2..........1...... ....9..........1g
"...................................Danny & Kathie.........5144...........2
"...................................Nishelle & Breanna....5146...........1......... .1.........15.........1g
"..................................Ron & Kristina............5148...........2

Extra:
Grandmatotwo.................Terri & John..............6521..........2..........1...... ..6...........1b..................Josh
Also, Kaili is in Cabin 7560 and Mikela is in Cabin 7564.
kwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #816
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwm View Post
Also, Kaili is in Cabin 7560 and Mikela is in Cabin 7564.
Sorry kwm! Forgot to make that change!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #817
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Hi everybody, I hope you don't mind me popping into your forum. We will be going on this cruise with you all. Sure wish I hadn't missed out on the FE - it sounds like fun.

I am surprising my DH and DS (6 year old) with this cruise. I booked it 7 months ago and it has been a long haul keeping it a surprise. They think we are going camping for a few days and should be totally surprised when Mickey Mouse calls on Monday the 25th to welcome them to the cruise. I will have the video camera ready and rolling.

Hope to meet some of you in person.

Terri
Welcome aboard!

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #818
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post

We will be able to add another room since we have not done ours yet!! Can you say running behind!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2961 View Post
I have some extra FE stuff too. Hope to see everyone at the 3PM meet at the Mickey Pool!
We'll have have extras too! .... and yes we are behind too!!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #819
brackjr

One week = Vancouver, BC!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #820
memowse9
Earning My Ears

I also have enough extras for our new fe friends! You're added to my list!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #821
calijo
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody,
We are first timers to DCL, hope you don't mind me dropping in ... I only just found my way to the Disboard and read about the FE. Are we too late? My kids would love it. Wanted to check in before I have my kids make an extender this week. Thanks.
calijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #822
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

Hi... what are the ages of your kids? Our DD (dear daughter) is 8, and would love to email them to let them know how much fun they will have.

We're having a get-together of everyone on this board at 3pm on departure day!

Welcome aboard!

Ben, Jenny, and Lily
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #823
calijo
Earning My Ears

I have a son who just turned 9 a few weeks ago and a daughter who is 3 1/2.

I'm not sure how to add our info to this group properly ...

I read somewhere about meeting at the Mickey pool ... I'm sure we will be the family looking totally lost (spot the newbies)! We are really looking forward to the cruise
calijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #824
Jhalkias
DIS Geek
I am on a break from life to DIS

Where did this weekend go???

We got some things together - I am totally stunned that we are a week away from flying to Seattle to get ready to take the train to Vancouver.

I think this is the longest we booked one ahead (can't remember if the PC repo was this far ahead) and it has crept up on us so fast.

This is going to be a Long, Hard work week thinking about this cruise. Looking forward to seeing old friends, and meeting as many of you as we can. Hope you all have fun with the FE - we decided not to do them this trip because I tend to go overboard (pun) and I am worried about packing heavier clothes.

Let the countdown begin in earnest!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #825
Jhalkias
DIS Geek
I am on a break from life to DIS

For all my DIS Geek friends (for the memories), and for those of you who don't know us, you may want to check out this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.....php?t=1330270

Bobby is sailing Alaska, as the DIS Geeks come aboard the Wonder!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: