Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #796
memowse9
Earning My Ears

Off clip ons

Hi all! I am going to test out the Off clip ons this weekend when we go camping. I'll let you know how I make out with them.....

AND.....ta da! The fish extender gifts are finally done! I may have chosen some different gifts if I had known how much time they would take! But, I think everyone will like them......just don't tell me if you don't (I may cry).
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #797
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaltes View Post
Hey Gang -

Also, I saw some reports that mosquitoes don't stop pestering until August. Is anyone bringing a lot of supplies to fight off the insects? Is having the verandah door open going to be a problem?

Ben
You aren't supposed to keep the verandah door open so they shouldn't affect your stateroom. There is a sign up on the door frame and I think one cruise we had a letter/note in the stateroom to that effect. It messes up the heating/cooling system in the room, is one reason we were told they post that.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #798
ariel39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The Vancouver FAQ thread has what people have gotten for the stars and approval ratings. Right now the 5 star in downtown west with a 90% approval is the Pan Pacific. If it is 80% it is Sutten or Sutter...I forget which. The 4 star with 90% approval is the Sheraton Wall. Those are the two we booked.
Lisa

Can you help me again? We are trying to get the 23rd and 24th. We want to start early.....When I look at hotwire I get downtown vancouver west 5 star 85%, could that be Pan Pacific?

Help

Thanks
Kathie

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise July 26, 2011

Royal Carribean - Liberty of the Seas Caribbean Cruise - June 2010

Disney Magic Mediterrean Cruise July 18-28, 2007

ariel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #799
ariel39
Mouseketeer

FE almost done, New Luggage came and my mom ended up in the hospital today. Hopefully she will be released tomorrow, but 11 days before we leave, UGH............

Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise July 26, 2011

Royal Carribean - Liberty of the Seas Caribbean Cruise - June 2010

Disney Magic Mediterrean Cruise July 18-28, 2007

ariel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #800
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel39 View Post
Lisa

Can you help me again? We are trying to get the 23rd and 24th. We want to start early.....When I look at hotwire I get downtown vancouver west 5 star 85%, could that be Pan Pacific?

Help

Thanks
Kathie
No, that is the Sutton or something like that. Pan is 90%. I haven't seen it available for a couple weeks.

I just checked and the 4 star at 90% is the Wall Center Sheraton. We are staying there on the 23rd because I couldn't get the Pan for that night. It is just .8 miles from the port and looks very nice. The 5 star hotel is Sutton. I have no idea what the 5 star condo is, haven't seen that listed anywhere before.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads

Last edited by lbgraves; 07-15-2011 at 06:54 AM.
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #801
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
You aren't supposed to keep the verandah door open so they shouldn't affect your stateroom. There is a sign up on the door frame and I think one cruise we had a letter/note in the stateroom to that effect. It messes up the heating/cooling system in the room, is one reason we were told they post that.
I agree... we wouldn't keep it open when we weren't there, but trying to compete with little insects when we are at Tracy Arm going in and out would be a big hassle....
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #802
kate2961
Mouseketeer

We are on our way! We're driving across country to Vancouver. So excited for our cruise.
kate2961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #803
grandmatotwo
mama-of-three

Talking New to this forum and first time Disney Cruise

Hi everybody, I hope you don't mind me popping into your forum. We will be going on this cruise with you all. Sure wish I hadn't missed out on the FE - it sounds like fun.

I am surprising my DH and DS (6 year old) with this cruise. I booked it 7 months ago and it has been a long haul keeping it a surprise. They think we are going camping for a few days and should be totally surprised when Mickey Mouse calls on Monday the 25th to welcome them to the cruise. I will have the video camera ready and rolling.

Hope to meet some of you in person.

Terri
grandmatotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #804
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel39 View Post
FE almost done, New Luggage came and my mom ended up in the hospital today. Hopefully she will be released tomorrow, but 11 days before we leave, UGH............
Congrats on FE and luggage!

Sorry to hear about your mom. Was she coming on the cruise with you too? I hope everything's okay!

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #805
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmatotwo View Post
Hi everybody, I hope you don't mind me popping into your forum. We will be going on this cruise with you all. Sure wish I hadn't missed out on the FE - it sounds like fun.

I am surprising my DH and DS (6 year old) with this cruise. I booked it 7 months ago and it has been a long haul keeping it a surprise. They think we are going camping for a few days and should be totally surprised when Mickey Mouse calls on Monday the 25th to welcome them to the cruise. I will have the video camera ready and rolling.

Terri

We are having a kids' meet at the Mickey Pool at 3pm on Embarkation Day. You'd be more than welcome to join us there! I think that's pretty much the only official "meet" we have for this bunch.

We surprised our girls with a DCL cruise to the Baltic last year. We sent them off to school with a secret message. They were to open it on the bus and follow the instructions. Then each clue led them to another teacher who had a clue they had to figure out throughout the day. All the clues were related to something they had learned during the school year AND places we were going on the cruise. The last clue told them to say good-bye to their teachers because they wouldn't be coming back to school the next day (it was the last week of school). Then on the Front Door we had the DCL logo and all the suitcases packed and ready to head to the airport when they got home. They were sooooo surprised! We had even had them corresponding with other kids who would be on the cruise, but they thought they were friends for our cruise the following year. All the kids were in on it and kept the secret really well. It did backfire slightly though because the girls thought we were going to Florida and Castaway Cay - not England. But they quickly got over that! Good luck with the surprise!!!!

As for the FE - some folks may have made extras and I think we've had one person drop out - still trying to reach her and confirm. So if you want to participate, you might be able to do it with a few cabins.

Welcome Aboard!!!!

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #806
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2961 View Post
We are on our way! We're driving across country to Vancouver. So excited for our cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmatotwo View Post

Terri
Welcome, Terri!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post

We are having a kids' meet at the Mickey Pool at 3pm on Embarkation Day. You'd be more than welcome to join us there! I think that's pretty much the only official "meet" we have for this bunch.

We surprised our girls with a DCL cruise to the Baltic last year. We sent them off to school with a secret message. They were to open it on the bus and follow the instructions. Then each clue led them to another teacher who had a clue they had to figure out throughout the day. All the clues were related to something they had learned during the school year AND places we were going on the cruise. The last clue told them to say good-bye to their teachers because they wouldn't be coming back to school the next day (it was the last week of school). Then on the Front Door we had the DCL logo and all the suitcases packed and ready to head to the airport when they got home. They were sooooo surprised! We had even had them corresponding with other kids who would be on the cruise, but they thought they were friends for our cruise the following year. All the kids were in on it and kept the secret really well. It did backfire slightly though because the girls thought we were going to Florida and Castaway Cay - not England. But they quickly got over that! Good luck with the surprise!!!!

As for the FE - some folks may have made extras and I think we've had one person drop out - still trying to reach her and confirm. So if you want to participate, you might be able to do it with a few cabins.

Welcome Aboard!!!!
We will be able to add another room since we have not done ours yet!! Can you say running behind!!! But, I do have very good excuses and will be getting on that today!! And you would not need to recipricate with us if you do not have time to deal with it. We would just be willing to put a little something in yours and let you enjoy if you care to let us know your stateroom number. Let's see....I think I have that list printed off here somewhere.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #807
kate2961
Mouseketeer

I have some extra FE stuff too. Hope to see everyone at the 3PM meet at the Mickey Pool!
kate2961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #808
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2961 View Post
I have some extra FE stuff too. Hope to see everyone at the 3PM meet at the Mickey Pool!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #809
grandmatotwo
mama-of-three

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post

Welcome, Terri!!

We will be able to add another room since we have not done ours yet!! Can you say running behind!!! But, I do have very good excuses and will be getting on that today!! And you would not need to recipricate with us if you do not have time to deal with it. We would just be willing to put a little something in yours and let you enjoy if you care to let us know your stateroom number. Let's see....I think I have that list printed off here somewhere.
Thanks everybody. Terri 41, John 51 and Josh 6. We are in cabin 6521. Can someone tell me what I really need to do for a fish extender because I don't really know. I know that it is a small gift or treat for each of the cabins on the list but that is all I know. More excited by the day.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #810
grandmatotwo
mama-of-three

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post

Welcome Aboard!!!!
thanks 3princessmommy. Can you give me details on how to do a FE. I would love to participate even if we are sort of an add on. Sounds like a big part of the whole disney experience. Cabin 6521 John, Terri and Josh (6 year old boy)

Last edited by grandmatotwo; 07-16-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: