Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #286
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

bbaltes, confirm with your Canadian rental agency/location that they allow their cars over the boarder. Here in Toronto, almost none of the agencies allow for cross boarder travel.

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #287
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

Thanks. I will check that. I would think that we're not the only one in this predicament. Anyone have any other ideas? From what I've seen so far, it's expensive to fly directly into Vancouver, BC?
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #288
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

I had to cancel my Dream cruise for February but we are not letting go of this cruise!!

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #289
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

Trip to vancouver?

Hi Shipmates -

Here's what we're thinking - fly into Vancouver on the 25th, stay overnight at the Pan Pacific - hop on the boat, then on the way back, take a 2pm flight out of Vancouver. It's expensive, but it's the same cost as flying into Seattle, hotel there, and taking the train, believe it or not.

What is everyone else thinking?

Ben
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #290
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

I'm thinking we will drive over. Spend the night somewhere in WA and cross the border in the morning and board the ship. We will need to check on parking at the port.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #291
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!

Here are some cruise parking sites.

http://www.cruisepark.com/home.php

They actually close the website for the winter, lol. They have a list of partner cruise lines, and Disney isn't on there yet, but they might be added come late winter when they re-open the site.

Here is information on both cuise ports and parking options,

The Port of Vancouver services the Alaska Cruise Ships through two separate Terminals.

Canada Place Pier
999 Canada Place Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6C 2P9
Citipark (Canada Place) Tel: (604) 684-2251 Fax: (604) 684-2254 toll free: 1-866-856-8080

This pier is located within a few blocks of the Heart of Vancouver and therefore has easy access to exclusive shopping and hotels. This terminal was purpose built for the cruise industry and therefore has all of the amenities required.

Easy walking distance to downtown
Float plane and helicopter service to Vancouver Island and other destinations is also available.

Secure Parking is available within the terminals 770 stall 2 level parking garage and elevator service is provided to the cruise ship level. The parkade is open 24 hours, seven days a week. Individual baggage carts, food and drink concessions, full wheelchair access, full customs service, car and bus parking and taxi are available.
For long term parking or further information, contact Citipark (Canada Place) toll free at 1.866.856.8080

Ballantyne Pier
655 Centennial Road Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6C 2P9
604-665-9000 888-767-8826

Ballantyne pier is further removed from the city center in a former industrial area. It tends to service the larger Alaska Cruise Ships. The terminal is functional but provides only limited surface parking. Access to downtown Vancouver is available through taxi or local bus transportation.

It is suggested to use the services of Cruisepark which offers off-site and valet parking and a complimentary shuttle from Cruisepark's lot for both Canada Place and Ballantyne terminals. For further information, contact Cruisepark Alaska Cruise Parking Inc. toll free at 1.800.665.0050 or visit their website at www.cruisepark.com
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #292
jlacobb3
Earning My Ears

We'll be joining y'all on this cruise -- me, my DH, DD (12 years old) and my in-laws. We're in cabin #5628. They're on Deck 7 -- not sure of the cabin number. We were originally booked on the July 19 sailing; however, we decided to move it since my daughter might be playing in a fastpitch softball tournament in Panama City on July 10 - 16.

We just booked our flights using Delta SkyMiles. We'll be flying into Vancouver on Saturday, July 23 to spend a few days sightseeing. We'll fly home (to Atlanta, GA) on Tuesday, August 2. Now I need to work on booking a hotel room. Suggestions?

Does anybody know of any train excursions we can do while in Vancouver? We flew into Seattle the last time we did an Alaskan cruise and we loved the train ride from Seattle to Vancouver.

Lisa
jlacobb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #293
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney

Christmas is over and I can finally start working on this cruise!

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
Old 12-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #294
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!

brack, although I am not sailing, i have been keeping an eye on the DCL site and will post links on the site directly to the Alaskan port excursions, hopefully this will make it easier to plan.

PJ

Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #295
sherjoy
Earning My Ears

First time for everything:)

Hello all you expert cruisers out there I have been lurking the boards ever since my hubby brought up the whole cruising Alaska for our Summer Vacation. You all have been a wealth of awesome information! Thank you! Thank you! Seriously could not thank you enough!

Finally booked a cruise today. We were a bit weirded out by the system for booking rooms. The GTY threw us for a loop since we are trying to travel with some family and friends and would really like to be all together. Not easy with the various ages and interests, etc. Hopefully things will work out for the best, and we can at least get the same dining rotation *crossing fingers.*

Anyway like the subject suggests this is our first Disney Cruise. Please throw information my way even if you feel you may be discussing something common knowledge. Chances are I have no CLUE
sherjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #296
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherjoy View Post
Hello all you expert cruisers out there I have been lurking the boards ever since my hubby brought up the whole cruising Alaska for our Summer Vacation. You all have been a wealth of awesome information! Thank you! Thank you! Seriously could not thank you enough!

Finally booked a cruise today. We were a bit weirded out by the system for booking rooms. The GTY threw us for a loop since we are trying to travel with some family and friends and would really like to be all together. Not easy with the various ages and interests, etc. Hopefully things will work out for the best, and we can at least get the same dining rotation *crossing fingers.*

Anyway like the subject suggests this is our first Disney Cruise. Please throw information my way even if you feel you may be discussing something common knowledge. Chances are I have no CLUE
Welcome, I know that many on this thread love the planning as much as the vacation and are always willing to help with questions.

On the dinning rotation, just have your TA or call DCL (if booked directly with DCL) after everyone in your group has booked excursions and ask that your group's cabins be linked for dinning. They will need all the reservation numbers and possibly the lead name on each as well.

Check out the website linked to in the first post, I will be putting any information on the alaska cruises that catches my eye in the news section. And if you have questions on any of the news posts, please send a comment and I will attempt to help out.

PJ

Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #297
brack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
brack, although I am not sailing, i have been keeping an eye on the DCL site and will post links on the site directly to the Alaskan port excursions, hopefully this will make it easier to plan.

PJ

Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #298
brack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherjoy View Post

Welcome aboard! You will fall in LOVE with DCL!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #299
brack

The exitement is growing!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #300
brack

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: