Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #91
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Aww, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Biergarten. We've never tried it, but it looks like it would be fun. We often have the same problem with people assuming my DS2 is older than he is. He was born with a full head of hair, so people have always assumed he is older than he is. He hit most milestones early too, so I worry that sometimes people think I am just being cheap since he looks and acts older - but I swear he is only 2!!

And we have the same issues with eating too - it sounds like most 2yo's are a a lot alike!

I was considering the same for our next (unplanned) trip since my DS is also obsessed with Toy Story. We are normally moderate ppl too, so I would love to hear what you think of ASMo. Did you take Gabe to see Toy Story in 3-D at the movies yet? We just took Alex on Sunday (under 3 is free!). We only stayed for the first movie since it was Alex's first time at the movies and if we stayed through both it would have gone through nap time. But he really enjoyed it!

at the MIL-beater! and at Gabe taking self portraits while you changed his diaper - totally sounds like something my DS would do! Out of curiosity - what kind of camera do you have that you let Gabe use? Ours isn't super expensive, but I am still too worried about DS breaking it to let him use it.
I will definitely post with my opinions about ASMovies. I am a little nervous about it after hearing reports of the rooms not being updated but since I know DS will love the Toy Story section I decided to go for it.

That's so fun that your took your DS to the movies theater. I'll have to ask DH if we should try to take Gabe.

I love the pic of your DS in your siggy - what a cutie!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #92
jana616
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your day ended really well! I was LOLing at Gabe taking pictures of his boy parts! Believe me, I have two boys and that is a totally normal thing to do (either that or both of my boys are freaks!!). Can't wait to read more!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #93
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Sounds like your day ended really well! I was LOLing at Gabe taking pictures of his boy parts! Believe me, I have two boys and that is a totally normal thing to do (either that or both of my boys are freaks!!). Can't wait to read more!
I'm glad to hear that my boy is normal. I got a good chuckle out of the whole thing. Boys! I swear - it starts early doesn't it?

I got my very first PIN code in an email tonight - 40% off deluxe room rates. I am hoping to convince DH to go for a Spring Break trip in March at a deluxe - wish me luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #94
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
I got my very first PIN code in an email tonight - 40% off deluxe room rates. I am hoping to convince DH to go for a Spring Break trip in March at a deluxe - wish me luck!
Yay! I got that one too!

Now I just have to pick a date, convince DH, and find some money!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #95
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Yay! I got that one too!

Now I just have to pick a date, convince DH, and find some money!

Yay! Congrats! Where are you hoping to stay?

My DH really wants to stay at the WL so I am going to call to book this weekend. I work at a college and I get March 8 -13 off so we are going to go that week.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #96
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My DH really wants to stay at the WL so I am going to call to book this weekend. I work at a college and I get March 8 -13 off so we are going to go that week.
You lucky duck! Hope you can get it. We love love love the WL!

Mailed out a box for you today

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #97
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:

Our favorite deluxe is the BC or BW, but we are also kind of liking the new pirate rooms at CBR. And DS would really like AKL....so many choices!

I haven't thought too much about dates yet - DS's 3rd b-day is 2/15, so maybe before then so he is still free.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #98
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Lovin your trip report.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #99
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
You lucky duck! Hope you can get it. We love love love the WL!

Mailed out a box for you today
I'm going to book tonight so I'll post and let you know what we got. I am so excited.

Thank you so much for the package!!! Gabe is going to be so excited!!! He still tries to squeeze his head into a santa hat I bought him when he was a newborn so now he'll have one that fits again.

Quote:
Our favorite deluxe is the BC or BW, but we are also kind of liking the new pirate rooms at CBR. And DS would really like AKL....so many choices!

I haven't thought too much about dates yet - DS's 3rd b-day is 2/15, so maybe before then so he is still free.
I agree - so many wonderful choices!!! I am going to price out a lot of different options when I call to book so we'll see what we end up with. Keep us posted on what you guys pick.

Paying for DS on this next trip is going to kill me! I have to buy him his own AP and his own ticket to MVMCP. I got so spoiled not having to pay for him.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #100
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Lovin your trip report.
I'm so glad your enjoying the report. I am hoping to have another update up soon.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #101
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

I threw some other items in too. Tried to keep it all Disney
Has he seen Monsters Inc? I put some Sully Feet slippers in there too. Gabriel probably wore them twice!

Hope he enjoys the hat. I used it for Christmas Card pictures. You can even have him wear it for your December trip I am sure you will get some great pictures!

Feel free to donate anything that you don't want or doesn't fit

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 10-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #102
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
I threw some other items in too. Tried to keep it all Disney
Has he seen Monsters Inc? I put some Sully Feet slippers in there too. Gabriel probably wore them twice!

Hope he enjoys the hat. I used it for Christmas Card pictures. You can even have him wear it for your December trip I am sure you will get some great pictures!

Feel free to donate anything that you don't want or doesn't fit
Thank you so much!!! My Gabriel is going to be so excited! He loves getting presents in the mail.

I booked our room for March!!!! We actually decided to go with a One Bedroom Villa at the Jambo House at AKV with a Savannah view! I am beyond excited!!!! My dad is coming too and we might bring my little nephew. It is going to be a great trip. I have been on an Ebay selling kick lately and I've sold enough to pay for the hotel for all 3 nights so that is why we are splurging.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #103
Gabes_mommy

So I changed our March reservation. I was looking at pictures of Storm Along Bay so I called and switched to the Beach Club Villas and saved $50 a night.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #104
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

You are going to have a GREAT time at the Beach Club! Gabe is going to love SAB! You are going to have a hard time getting him out of the pool and into the parks! It is such a great location too, definitely one of my favs! I've been trying to talk up deluxe resorts to DH, so maybe in 2011 we could stay at the Poly for our Oct trip. I keep trying the rational argument, like how much extra time we will be spending in our room with a little one, and how if we got a MK view room, even if we did have to go back early for bedtime, we could sit on the balcony with a bottle of wine and watch Wishes. He seems to be warming to the idea, and I still have two years to work on him (although I might need every one of those days! )

I'm sorry to hear that the Biergarten didn't work out so well for you. I'm usually the one in charge of planning family trips also and I understand how it can be very overwhelming to make sure everyone is having a good time! I'm glad the dining snafu got worked out and that you ended up having a wonderful evening. I think fireworks always make everything better
Old 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #105
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I am so glad your day ended well. I too love epcot at night it is such an amazing atmosphere. Gabe takes some great pics for a 2 year old. I laughed about the bathroom picks. Too funny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: