Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Uh-oh, I was hoping you would say the disney magic hit and sit down meals were ok,lol. At first I thought that maybe since the characters will be there he would be ok. Then I realized that it will probably be worse because when they aren't at our table he will be wanting to get them. I just don't plan on being able to really eat at any sit down meals myself,lol. Oh well, such is life with a two year old. Nope, DS does not nap in the stroller. I looked at our schedule and figured out that all but 3 days there is a space for us to come back to the resort for him to nap. The other 3 days I am just hoping for a miracle for him to either fall asleep in the stroller or be alright without a nap that day Did your son have much trouble with taking naps at the resort since he was in a different place and probably put down for a nap in a different way?

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #32
BlueBayou
Stop trolling, and reel 'er in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Does your DS nap in his stroller at all? Mine doesn't anymore so naps were important for us.
Loving your trip report so far and looking forward to hearing more.

You know one of my favorite Disneyland pictures is from a trip when my DD6 was right under 2. I recall her fighting sleep in the stroller. We were in DCA - and I kept saying we REALLY need to get out of here. But on the way out of the park - we kept passing rides my DD who is now 8 wanted to ride. My youngest was in a state like I had never seen before when we got out of the park.

My DH put her on his shoulders. By the time we got to harbor blvd she was asleep - resting her head on top of his head - and drooling. You can't see the drool in the pictures - but they are beyond cute. My DH crossed a road and walked up stairs - all with a sleeping baby on his head.

Our Oct 2009 Dream trip with bumps in the road

Has WDW changed since 1976? - POFQ Oct '09 Pre-Trippie

WDW 2 times in '70's & Oct '09, Disneyland '79, '99, '00, April '01, '02, Dec. '04, June '05, Dec '05, Oct. '06, Oct. '07, Oct. '08, May '10, Oct 11, Oct 12, Oct 13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #33
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Uh-oh, I was hoping you would say the disney magic hit and sit down meals were ok,lol. At first I thought that maybe since the characters will be there he would be ok. Then I realized that it will probably be worse because when they aren't at our table he will be wanting to get them. I just don't plan on being able to really eat at any sit down meals myself,lol. Oh well, such is life with a two year old. Nope, DS does not nap in the stroller. I looked at our schedule and figured out that all but 3 days there is a space for us to come back to the resort for him to nap. The other 3 days I am just hoping for a miracle for him to either fall asleep in the stroller or be alright without a nap that day Did your son have much trouble with taking naps at the resort since he was in a different place and probably put down for a nap in a different way?
The sit down meals weren't horrible - they were just the most challenging thing for us. My son actually napped great in our room - We let him swim and tire himself out right before naptime everyday and I think that really helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
Loving your trip report so far and looking forward to hearing more.

You know one of my favorite Disneyland pictures is from a trip when my DD6 was right under 2. I recall her fighting sleep in the stroller. We were in DCA - and I kept saying we REALLY need to get out of here. But on the way out of the park - we kept passing rides my DD who is now 8 wanted to ride. My youngest was in a state like I had never seen before when we got out of the park.

My DH put her on his shoulders. By the time we got to harbor blvd she was asleep - resting her head on top of his head - and drooling. You can't see the drool in the pictures - but they are beyond cute. My DH crossed a road and walked up stairs - all with a sleeping baby on his head.
That is so sweet!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #34
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

Loving your TR so far!

Thank goodness for the sunglasses lady. That could have been a real tragedy.

My boys are mesmerized by Stacy too!

It sounds like your vacation was off to a great start and everyone is happy with the resort. That's always such a relief. Isn't CBR wonderful?! We are trying POR in November and are a bit nervous. Hopefully we will like it as much as we do CBR.

Can't wait for more!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #35
Gabes_mommy

I'm on my lunch break so I have a few minutes to start posting the next installation.

After Gabe's nap we got him dressed in his pirate costume and headed out for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

My little pirate all ready to go:

Mimi and the Pirate:

Gabe looked so cute in his pirate costume, but unfortunately once we got to the MK he refused to wear his pirate hat anymore. Oh well, he still looked cute.

So on the drive over to the MK my dad asked about parking and we realized we left our parking pass back in the room. Doh!

DH quickly made a U-turn and we headed back to CBR to retrieve the parking pass. Unfortunately this put us a little behind schedule for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern so when we got into the park we booked it over and made it to LTT on time.

Picture time!

Arriving at the MK:

DH and DS on the parking tram:

On the monorail from the TTC to the MK:

DS was fascinated by the monorail:

The park was decorated so cutely for MNSSHP:

Our first view of the castle:

In all the excitement of arriving at the hotel we totally forgot to eat lunch that first day. This ended up being a bad thing beacuse by 3:30 I was dizzy and nauseus from not eating and DS was definitely out of sorts too. This was a bummer because he has been so looking forward to seeing the castle and because he was out of it he wasn't really interested. I felt like such a bad mommy for forgetting lunch that day and we made sure not to do that again.

Up next - our dinner at LTT and the party!!!

Last edited by Gabes_mommy; 09-22-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!!!

There's nothing like walking on Main Street and getting your first glimpse of the castle. Sorry, that you weren't feeling well. I'm excited to hear how your dinner at LTT went and especially MNSSHP!! It's something I'm sure my boys would love to do! Hopefully, we can plan it for a future trip.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #37
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Gabe looks so cute in his costume! Ummmm what happened to your pirate shirt?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!!

There's nothing like walking on Main Street and getting your first glimpse of the castle. Sorry, that you weren't feeling well. I'm excited to hear how your dinner at LTT went and especially MNSSHP!! It's something I'm sure my boys would love to do! Hopefully, we can plan it for a future trip.
MNSSHP was excellent!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it. I should have time tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
Gabe looks so cute in his costume! Ummmm what happened to your pirate shirt?
Ugh! I forgot my shirt at home. It was hanging right in the dining room too and I totally spaced on packing it. I did remember my pirate hat though and my dad wore it for the party. At least I can still use my shirt for the actual Halloween. I thought Gabe looked so cute too - I loved how the costume turned out.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #39
Gabes_mommy

I had a really stressful morning at work so I need to post some TR to help me relax and remember our wonderful trip.

So we rushed to dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and arrived right on time at 4:30. Almost immediately our beeper went off - I was so happy because we were all so hungry.

We got a great table in a corner in front of a window. Immediately my dad, a retired history teacher and history buff, started checking out all the decorations.

I took some pictures at dinner, but they didn't get downloaded for some reason.

It took forever for our server to come but once he finally did the food was very good. We started with salad and rolls with honey butter and then the platter with turkey, flank steak and honey ham along with stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans. For dessert we got apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. We were all really hungry and ate a lot.

Just a note about our server - he had no personality at all - I mean ZERO. He did not crack a smile even once. Gabe has really good manners and whenever our server dropped something off at our table Gabe would say thank you and our server just ignored him. I don't know if he was just having a bad day or was a meanie in general. It also took him FOREVER to bring the check which was frustrating. Overall, it was a good meal though. I don't think we'll go back anytime soon though unless they bring back the characters.

Up next - the party!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #40
Gabes_mommy

Right after dinner we decided to hit the Haunted Mansion. I really wasn't sure about Gabe riding this but he loves his Disneyland Halloween Sing-a-long DVD so we figured we'd give it a try.

The ride was a total walk on. We literally walked right into the room with the stretching walls - it was great.

Gabe did fine - he didn't seem scared at all. We really enjoyed seeing all the changes and updates.

After the Haunted Mansion we headed over to Fantasyland:

Peter Pan had a 20 minute wait posted so we hopped in line:

While we were in line Cinderella's carriage pulled up outside:

We ended up only waiting for about 10 minutes and then had a great ride over Neverland.

After our ride I noticed the sky was looking very foreboding. I started getting very nervous that it might rain.

(you can actually see my dad from the back in this picture wearing his pirate hat )

Would the rain come and ruin our fun???
Old 09-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #41
Gabes_mommy

Hey everyone,
Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated my TR - life has been crazy!

I have exciting news! I just booked a short trip for the holidays. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside from 12/13 - 12/15 and we will attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on 12/13. It's probably just going to be my dad, Gabe and I because my DH and mom probably won't be able to get off work but that's OK.

I was really hoping to have a holiday trip and I was messing around on disneyworld.com today and found a rate of $93 a night for POR so I called my dad and he said book it! So exciting!!!!

We have never been to MVMCP before so I am really excited about it.

I will do my best to post the rest of MNSSHP tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #42
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Just got back and caught up on your report. I cant wait to hear how MNSSHP went. Hopefully the rain held off. I too loved CBR when I was there years ago. I am glad you got the room you requested. That is a huge resort.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Just got back and caught up on your report. I cant wait to hear how MNSSHP went. Hopefully the rain held off. I too loved CBR when I was there years ago. I am glad you got the room you requested. That is a huge resort.

Welcome home!!! I hope you had a great trip - I can't wait to hear all about it.

At dinner DH asked Gabe if he wanted to go back to Disney World and he got the biggest smile on his face and said, "Disney World! Thank you!" - too cute!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #44
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

His little pirate costume was so cute. We have never done any of the Halloween or Christmas party things. They look like so much fun.

How exciting that you get to go back during Christmas!! And what a good price on the hotel. That just makes it feel so much better, doesn't it?
Old 09-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #45
teedee
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in too. The title of your TR drew me in. You're doing a great job so far and I can't wait to read more. My DD, DSIL and I are taking my much adored DGS for his first trip in June. He'll be 2 1/2 when we go and I'm a little nervous about how he will do. I can't wait to hear how your son did. He's quite a cutie pie by the way.

Terri

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: