Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
jenniferrose
Mouseketeer

Price of Plaza Inn Character Breakfast?

I have seen conflicting prices listed for the Minnie and Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Can anyone that is there now, or has been recently verify prices for adults and children? We are going off season (Nov 2), so I don't know if the prices change during peak season.

Also, I have read one place that it goes from park open til 11am. But then I read another place that you can actually make PS for before the park opens and get in early? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Paradise Pier - September 2011 - surprise trip for DDs 4th birthday!
Prev trips-Nov 09, Nov 08, Oct 06, and many many more that I can't remember the dates for...
jenniferrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

The DLR website says that it's open "from park opening until 11 A.M.", but when park opening is late, such as 10 a.m. during off seasons, that would only give 1 hr. of time for their breakfast meal on those days. So, during those times they do start breakfast earlier and you can get a reservation before the park opens (including the park opening time for MM, before regular opening time.) We have a reservation for 8:15 A.M. during October on a day when MM is at 8:00 and the park doesn't officially open until 9:00 that day.

Last edited by disneyfan4ever54; 09-18-2009 at 06:05 PM.
disneyfan4ever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
jenniferrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan4ever54 View Post
The DLR website says that it's open "from park opening until 11 A.M.", but when park opening is late, such as 10 a.m. during off seasons, that would only give 1 hr. of time for their breakfast meal on those days. So, during those times they do start breakfast earlier and you can get a reservation before the park opens (including the park opening time for MM, before regular opening time.) We have a reservation for 8:15 A.M. during October on a day when MM is at 8:00 and the park doesn't officially open until 9:00 that day.

Do you know what the earliest reservation is? An hour before opening? 90 minutes before? And I have also read on this board that if you get it too early, there is less characters. Anyone know if that is true?

Prev trips-Nov 09, Nov 08, Oct 06, and many many more that I can't remember the dates for...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

The earliest time to get a PS will be 20 minutes before the park opens. We have done this twice now at 8:40 (earliest available) when the park opened at 9 a.m.

Give me a minute to go check my receipt for the total price. I do remember it was the cheapest character breakfast we did (under 30).
Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I just checked my receipt from Friday, September 11:

Adult breakfast was 23.99 before tax and any discounts (we used the AAA discount).
Old 09-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
jenniferrose
Mouseketeer

Wonderful, Thank you!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
The earliest time to get a PS will be 20 minutes before the park opens. We have done this twice now at 8:40 (earliest available) when the park opened at 9 a.m.

Give me a minute to go check my receipt for the total price. I do remember it was the cheapest character breakfast we did (under 30).
Actually, from what I've seen and heard, reservations are usually available about 10 minutes after MM starts. For our trip next month, I called exactly 60 days out and the first reservation available was at 8:10 A.M. (8:00 MM). Maybe when you called, the earlier reservations were taken for that day, or for some reason they weren't available earlier on that particular day. But usually, they are available 10 minutes after MM starts. That's what I've heard and is what's occuring at least when I am going. :-)
Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan4ever54 View Post

Actually, from what I've seen and heard, reservations are usually available about 10 minutes after MM starts. For our trip next month, I called exactly 60 days out and the first reservation available was at 8:10 A.M. (8:00 MM). Maybe when you called, the earlier reservations were taken for that day, or for some reason they weren't available earlier on that particular day. But usually, they are available 10 minutes after MM starts. That's what I've heard and is what's occuring at least when I am going. :-)
Sorry, I didn't specify that it was on a non-MM day. I've never done that meal on a MM day so i don't know how it is when there is a MM.

On a non-MM day the earliest you can get is 8:40 a.m.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
PixiePowered
Mouseketeer

I found this same issue (with the price) last week, when I was planning meals during our visit in October. I ended up calling Disney Dining to ask the price. I was told $23.99 adults and $11.99 child (3-9). Still confusing, though... I was told by two different cast members that it was that price PLUS tax AND gratuity and I was told by a third cast member that it was just plus tax

Upcoming:
???

Completed:
DL - 10/2012 Anaheim Plaza Inn; 06/2011 HoJo's Kids Suite; 10/2009 HoJo's; 08/2008 Residence Inn Maingate; 10/2006 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 06/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 11/2004 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2003 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2003 Disneyland Hotel; 05/2002 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2000 Disneyland Hotel; 10/1996 Holiday Inn Express

WDW - 11/2013 Wilderness Lodge; 08/2007 Contemporary Resort
PixiePowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePowered View Post
I found this same issue (with the price) last week, when I was planning meals during our visit in October. I ended up calling Disney Dining to ask the price. I was told $23.99 adults and $11.99 child (3-9). Still confusing, though... I was told by two different cast members that it was that price PLUS tax AND gratuity and I was told by a third cast member that it was just plus tax
On my actual receipt it lists the price as $23.99 before Tax and the gratuity were included. I trust the paper with the numbers more than I would trust the CM's.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't specify that it was on a non-MM day. I've never done that meal on a MM day so i don't know how it is when there is a MM.

Silly me......That makes total sense. :-) I only had the MM day in my head and it never occurred to me about the other days. It hit me after I typed my response that you might be talking about a regular day with no MM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:22 AM   #12
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

On getawaytoday.com you can buy vouchers for $32 (adult) & $18 (child) for any character breakfast (except Goofy's) that INCLUDE tax and gratuity. It's a good option if you want to pay ahead of time and maybe save a few $$.

Also, I want confirm the 20 minutes before opening on a non-MM day. At 10:00 opening, the earliest we could get for Ariel's or Minnie's was 9:40 (we went to Goofy's instead at 7:00). You can get in to the park early, but you can't do anything because you have to go straight to the restaurant.
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Non-MM seems to be 10 minutes after the park opens too, maybe they've changed something.

I called right when the lines opened for October 30, and the earliest time they had was 8.10 AM. Park opens at 8 AM that day.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:05 AM   #14
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

So can I clarify something then? If I pre purchase the tickets on ARES it is $30 adult and $16 kids. That is significantly higher than PixiePowered and Belle Ella said that they have been quoted and paid. So how much is tax? Is tax a % or is it a set amount? I am just trying to work out the most cost effective way of paying for character meals and I thought it was to pre buy through ARES or GAT but I am not so sure anymore after reading this thread

xxx
Old 09-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #15
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
Non-MM seems to be 10 minutes after the park opens too, maybe they've changed something.

I called right when the lines opened for October 30, and the earliest time they had was 8.10 AM. Park opens at 8 AM that day.
I just think it depends on what time park opening is for that day. The DLR website says that Minnie's is open "at park opening until 11:00 A.M." I think this is based on the earliest opening time of 8:00, so that would make the first reservation about the same time (8:10, as you mentioned). If they started at opening on the days when the park opened later, at 9:00 or 10:00, that doesn't give many hours for that meal, so it would make sense that for a 9:00 or 10:00 opening, they would start breakfast before the park opens as opposed to "at" opening (as they do for an 8:00 one).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: