Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
famy27
DIS Veteran

New Akershus Lunch Menu

We did the storybook dining today, and they have introduced a new menu. Today was the first day. The appetizers seem to be the same, and some of the entrees have not changed. However, there is now a salmon burger, a vegetable-stuffed pasta, and a chicken sandwich, as well as the kjottkake. There were two other choices, but I can't remember them. The salmon burger and chicken sandwich were paired with soup, and there were two soup choices. I picked the Winter Bisque, and it was delicious.

For the desserts, the chocolate mousse and rice cream are still there, but the cheesecake has been replaced with an apple tart with vanilla ice cream and caramel sause. The tart was excellent as well.
famy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

This sounds good. I miss the place but I'm not sure about the character dining aspect of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

Sounds like they are gearing up for more of a fall theme?

Disney CM starting on 3/1/11!!!
belleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
techia
Earning My Ears

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the info!
techia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
StephanieCG
Mouseketeer

Sounds yum! I like the sound of the apple dessert. BTW who were the princesses there? I'm crossing my fingers for Ariel and Aurora.
StephanieCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

The Norwegian menu scared us away from a lunch reservation there. With those options, it might be doable if we cannot get a breakfast reservation again.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Did they still have the barbecue sandwich? Had that last time and loved it - hope it's still there when go back in November!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #8
scard192
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there have been changes to the dinner menu as well? We'll be having dinner there a week from today!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Did they still have the barbecue sandwich? Had that last time and loved it - hope it's still there when go back in November!
I really want to know this! It was so good and we will be there in a few days. Do you remember?

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Sounds yummy. I am looking forward to the apple dessert!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
X and G's mom
DIS Veteran

Wow, I didn't make an ADR because I have 2 kids that are always hungry, and always picky! But, my DD would LOVE to meet the princesses. The chicken sandwich is right up their ally. Did you have it? How was it?

Does anyone have any pictures?
X and G's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #12
famy27
DIS Veteran

I did not have the chicken sandwich. I went with the salmon burger. I thought it was good, but the winter bisque was even better.

I don't recall if the barbeque sandwich was on the menu or not. It sounds familiar, but I don't know if that is from looking at the old menu online or the new one.

I will look to see if we took any pictures. I know we took some pictures from Kona Cafe, but I can't remember if we have any from Akershus. I think I may have some pics of the desserts.

As for the princesses, Belle (in her yellow gown) was doing the greeting when we arrived, so we got our picture taken with her. The lunch included four photos, which I didn't realize. The princesses who came to our table were Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel (in her human dress), and Mary Poppins (not exactly a princess!).

The cold appetizer selections were excellent as well. The blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries were huge and very fresh. My DD really went to town on those. There were also several different preparations of salmon, other fish, salads, breads, muffins, danishes, etc.

I was very pleased with the meal. The food was tasty, and the character interactions were great. We especially loved seeing Ariel in her dress. I would definitely recommend the lunch. I always like a seated lunch better than a buffet, so this was a great choice for our family.
famy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
SassyCat
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else been there yet for the new menu?

I was just able to get a lunch ressie there for next week, and I had been planning on having the sauteed (sp?) chicken with risotto dish. Nothing else on the menu sounded good to me. The only menu I can find is the one on disney's official web site and the one on all ears, but they do not reflect these changes yet. I was just curious what I could expect.

Me: November 1990 (GF) April 1995 (GF) April 1996 (Disneyland offsite) DH: Summer 1991 (Disneyland onsite) April 2000 and 2001 (offsite)

Together: Dec./Jan. - 2008 (GF) Jan. 2009 - (GF) July 2009 - my amazing birthday trip (WL) Sept. 2009 - MNSSHP and Expedition Everest Challenge (GF and AKL) Jan 2010 - Family Fun 5K (Poly) July 2011 - WDW/US/IOA/SeaWorld/Discovery Cove (GF and PBR)
SassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: