Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

When you make a request are you likely to get it?

I just did online check-in for our arrival at ASMu on Saturday night. There was a spot for requests, so I put in for the Pack n' Play for the baby (I know we will definitely get that!), and also a request for a ground-floor room. Do you know if they usually honor the room location requests, or did I waste my time adding that to my check-in? Just curious because we have 3 little ones and I didn't want to be traipsing up the stairs dragging them behind us at 1 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

They do try to honor requests, but my luck in that hasn't been great. I think I am actually one for five in getting requests met.

By the way, they do have elevators at the All Star Music, so that should make it a little easier on you if you don't end up with a ground floor room.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Justsyd2
I snorted Coca-Cola out of my nose when he said that! Speaks French when no one else is around. "Why am I covered in feathers?"

They will honor requests if they have the availability. No need to worry about stairs - there are elevators.

(Me) (DH)

2010 - Carnival/Paradise - Catalina Island/Ensenada and Disneyland
2009 - WDW/Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - New Jersey/New York
2006 - Kansas City, Mo
2005 - Carnival/Fantasy - Bahamas
2003 - Big Bend National Park/Port Aransas, TX
2002 - RCC/Rhapsody - Key West/Belize/Cozumel
1998 - Disneyland - 9 times!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
mrsannb
Mooska meeska

When I made that request at Pop Century it was honored.

May 20-29, 2013 and Oct 15-22, 2011 OKW
Oct 25-31,2009 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Mar 22-27, 2009 AKL
Nov 14-18, 2008 POR
May 4-9 2008 Saratoga Springs
Oct 22-26, 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2003 All Stars, Sept 2002 POR, May 1998 off site

ME DH DS 11 DD 8 DD 5 DS 2
mrsannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

I'm making my first request ever on this trip, so we'll see. If I don't get it, I'm not going to be disappointed because we love every section of CSR and make a point to walk around the lake every day that we're there. If we end up in a far away building, it means more walking but that;s a good thing.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
G&J's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have "never" had any luck with requests so I just don't make them anymore. Maybe you'll have better luck. Give it a shot.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&J's Mom View Post
I have "never" had any luck with requests so I just don't make them anymore. Maybe you'll have better luck. Give it a shot.
Me neither going for my 22 trip this December( never gotten any requests)...I don't bother anymore...Maybe this year
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I think I am about 50/50 with my requests and when I haven't gotten my requests, the rooms that I have gotten have been even better than what I had wanted originally, so I'm not complaining.

One year, we stayed at CBR and I requested a ground floor, lake view room in Aruba Bldg 52 and we ended up getting a ground floor, lake view CORNER room in Aruba Bldg 51. We loved it!!!

Of course, then another year at AKL, we requested a certain savannah view and didn't get it, but the view we got was fantastic!

Those are just a couple of my examples. My point is, though, that sometimes you don't may not get your request, but the alternative is just as nice or nicer than your request.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

We've had about 50% luck on requests, and always it's best if your request can be satisfied from a large amount of the room inventory.

"First floor" is a good request.
"Building 40" is a hard to satisfy request.
"Building 40 first floor" is almost impossible to get.

Sometimes it's clear they don't bother to look at the request, and then it depends on how late you check in... obviously little chance of switching anyone around if you get there at 10pm.

I have twice gotten my request at BWV for "first floor facing quiet pool"
But at SSR could not get a room in the 8000s, getting 9000s instead,
and at BCV, I asked for woods view and got parking lot view.

For several years when our daughter was very little we put in "First floor for small child safety" and always got it.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Good to know about the elevators. We've never stayed on property before and I didn't know if the value resorts would have elevators or not. Guess we'll see what we get when we arrive tomorrow night!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #11
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I agree with a pp who said that the more general your request, and the earlier you check in, the better your chances. I have made dozens of trips to WDW and only had my requests NOT met on one trip - and that was because half of the resort was down for refurb at the time.

If you have requested a ground floor room and only 20 of those will be available for check in on your arrival date, if you are the 21st person at check in to request it you'll be out of luck. If you're the 15th person, you'll probably get it. That's why the general requests work better - it gives you a bigger potential pool of rooms available at check in.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
rflorek
DIS Veteran

Maybe I have misunderstood prior posts, but I though that room location requests had to be phoned in and added to your actual reservation, and not entered during online check-in??
Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflorek View Post
Maybe I have misunderstood prior posts, but I though that room location requests had to be phoned in and added to your actual reservation, and not entered during online check-in??
You should have them on your reservation before you attempt online check in. The online check in requests are done via a multiple choice menu that varies depending on the resort, and is primarily for things you want in your room, not where you want your room located. When I did online check in for FW cabins last April, the only thing that came up in the request box was the Pack N Play.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
VegasMike21
I couldn't stop laughing when the car was swinging back and forth

It's 50/50 wether or not your request will be met, but just remember keep your request simple and minimal.
VegasMike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I guess I have been the lucky one. I have always had my requests honoured. Until.....my last trip when I used the online check in. I called in my request a few weeks before arrival. Anyway, the room they were planning to put us in was as far from my request as possible. I asked at the counter if it could be changed, told them what I wanted and they moved us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: