Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
hunty
Mouseketeer

Bay Lake Towers

Just wanted to say hello from our MK view at BLT ,

I have to say I was amazed at the View. I will post a picture when I have chance.

We are on the 10th floor in a 1 bedroom and it is fantastic.

We normally stay at OKW which we love, and still do, we bought into BLT at Christmas and were given points in Saratoga Springs.

We checked out of there this morning quite dissapointed in many ways and glad we had OKW as our home, however now we also have BLT as our home we are really happy

Just been to the top of the world bar which I think is exclusive for DVC members, the bar at the very top of BLT, it is stunning, I am so looking forward to the next few days here.
hunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I'm an OKW lover too and after initally rejecting BLT, am seriously considering an add-on - although I know that most of my stays will be at OKW.

Why were you disappointed with your SSR stay?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
RDP
DIS Veteran

Sounds great, considering a BLT add on in the future, we have 234 points at kidani and would love to get the same at BLT. Going out to Kidani in November, will have to check out BLT then.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunty View Post
......We normally stay at OKW which we love, and still do, we bought into BLT at Christmas and were given points in Saratoga Springs.

We checked out of there this morning quite dissapointed in many ways and glad we had OKW as our home, however now we also have BLT as our home we are really happy......
We're the same and our home resort is OKW which we love. We also got the SSR points when we bought into BLT last summer and although it was a nice resort, we just didn't rate it as highly as we do OKW and I can't see us ever staying there again.

We all loved BLT (so much so that we did an add on when we were there this summer) and its now our all time favourite resort

Enjoy the rest of your stay

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
hunty
Mouseketeer

That sounds like my Wife, whilst we are here why dont we buy some more points in BLT just in case we need to stay a bit longer

Might consider it , I need to see if there are any current incentives.

SSR was ok, juts not OKW, and only little things really put us of ,e.g. the bar at SSR was just a serving hatch into a living room area, that was also the entrance to the Turf club, we like the bar at OKW although small it really friendly and its nice to go at the end of the day.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

We are staying at BLT in 3 weeks - would like to hear your opinion
because we also own OKW and love love and love it !

dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #7
hunty
Mouseketeer

We are checking out today When I am home tomorrow I wll post some photos.
We love OKW and go nearly every year.

However BLT is something else

Everything is WOW, the 16th floor , top of the World bar, exclusive to DVC members is out of this world.

Last night we sat on our MK view Balcony watching the fireworks drinking champagne, you can hear the commentary music from the top of the Contemporary. With the light parade leaving the Polynesian in the background.

We ended the night at the Top of the world drinking cocktails at Midnight, after a fantastic dinner in the Waves.

The exclusive pool, with the water features, and snack bar is also great.

The rooms themselves are fitted to a really high standard, HD TV, an ultra modern shower, great Kitchen facilities, great Jacuzzi, (sat in this looking at the castle change colours at night is something else.)

you will have a great time
Old 09-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Hi all, a US Diser here.

Hunty, did you get a chance to use the Wishes channel where the music is piped into you room via the TV? Our guide told us that was a feature for MK view rooms.

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #9
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
Hi all, a US Diser here.

Hunty, did you get a chance to use the Wishes channel where the music is piped into you room via the TV? Our guide told us that was a feature for MK view rooms.
I was going to say that too - one of the TV channels carries Wishes so you can listed to it while you watch the show

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: