Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #16
beetlebugmart
Earning My Ears

You can catch those old halloween movies in the early morning. Just go to the Disney channel website and you can see the complete schedule from 12:00 a.m.-11:30 p.m. Right now it only goes through Tues the 27th though. But I grew up in the 80's so when I say old halloween movies I mean Mr. Boogedy and the Canterville Ghost. Stuff such as that.
beetlebugmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #17
alexandria674
DIS Veteran

Ok, I do know that Hocus Pocus will be on ABC and I think the Haunted Mansion (always a classic) the fiance came up with a good idea. We are having another Disney movie countdown in which we have a long list of Disney movies or movies that remind us of Disneyland so he put some of the old Halloween Disney movies I found Halloweentown on youtube as well as House of Villians which was a special from House of Mouse.
alexandria674 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

My girls comment on this every year in October. Under Wraps is their favorite Halloween movie. I like Hocus Pocus!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

i really miss the old disney halloween movies... boogedy, hocus pocus, icabod, under wraps...

but what i really want to see... the worst witch! i would die happy, if they would put this on tv again... i don't even think it's disney's, but they used to play it a million years ago.

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
marymouse1987
Earning My Ears

youtube is a great place to watch all of the old disney movies (i.e. halloween treat, disney halloween, maybe mr. boogedy), the only problems i have are with the quality and the fact that everything is in parts, but i'll take what i can get lol...i was actually just on it watching a disney halloween when it went down for maintenance , but i'm sure you could find just about all of the older specials
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
AprilShowers
I'm funny in real life! - I promise!!

This thread is making me laugh! MY DD & friends (16 - 18) year olds just had a "Hocus Pocus" party at our house last weekend! They got sooo excited screaming SISTAAS!! at each other all night.
They were like little kids again.

We had a heck of a time finding the movie. All the rental places were out, and none of the stores carried it either. I finally found it two towns over at a Meijer store. They had several copies. I was the hero for a night!!

The girls had a blast and are still talking about it at school.
AprilShowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
MoonlightUnicorn
Earning My Ears

I use to love watching the Halloween movies on Family Channel. There are still on every year at Halloween where I live. I also own some of them on DVD.
Here's a list of the ones that I own on DVD:

Halloweentown/Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge
Halloweentown High
Return To Halloween
When Good Ghouls Go Bad
The Haunted Manison

I would really like to get Twitches and Twitches Too but everywhere I look from them they are too much money.

^Unicorn siggie made by an online friend of mine^
MoonlightUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Even after this thread being three years old I do still love the movies mentioned.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

I LOVE the halloweentown movies. It saddens me that they replaced the original girl in the final one.

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #25
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

A lot of Disney movies that were made back in the 90s and the 2000s are being shown at 2:30 am in the morning. Only on the weekends like early Saturday, early Sunday and early Monday. The Scream Team was on Monday morning at 2:30am. I too wish Disney would show all the old Halloween stuff that they made back then. I mean Disney doesn't even play movies any more at night. It's all the tv shows that they make that are on all the time. And it is the same stuff over and over again. I mean I wish they would show the Mickey Mouse Halloween cartoons that they used to show back when I was little. That is the Disney Channel I loved not the channel that it has become now.

2014 Reading Challenge: 42 out of 50 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #26
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
As someone who was raised on the original Disney Channel backin the 80s I miss Mr. Boogedy and the Bride of Boogedy. Thankfully my brother found a DVD copy online and sent me one. Poor quality but I'll take it. We also use to watch the Dinsey Halloween special as a PP mentioned. Taped it off the Disney Channel. Too bad the tape broke years ago.

Hocus Pocus is another good one, as is the Haunted Mansion. But I'd love to see a few older shows.
THIS!! I miss Mr. Boogedy SO much. It was my favorite movie as a kid - my sister loved it too! That was a tradition in our house to watch it. If I could find it on dvd, I'd totally buy it! Hocus Pocus is another favorite as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

Reading along - saw the show schedule - then realized 3 years old!!

Here is the link to ABC Family 13 Nights of Halloween - starts on 10/19!

http://beta.abcfamily.go.com/special...oween-Schedule

Disney Channel Monstober schedule (through 10/14)
Tonight is Return to Halloweentown
http://tv.disney.go.com/disneychanne.../cds/schedule/

Love the holiday movies!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #28
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I wondered about this post. I noticed last night that Disney Channel is showing a different themed show each night this week and next week...and I assume the next week.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #29
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys43 View Post
i really miss the old disney halloween movies... boogedy, hocus pocus, icabod, under wraps...

but what i really want to see... the worst witch! i would die happy, if they would put this on tv again... i don't even think it's disney's, but they used to play it a million years ago.
I know this is an old thread but....

The Worst Witch is my all time favorite Halloween movie, it just doesn't feel like Halloween without watching it. I bought the dvd on amazon for under $10, I believe they still have it!
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Why doesn't Disney play Nightmare before Christmas? Do they do it at Christmas time?
julsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: