Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
RRBB
I think I'm in the mood for Tonga Toast
You're really corrupting our little dragon!
I could use a relaxing dip in a chocolate hot tub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
Wow -- this makes me really sad. This is where I "learned" to digiscrap. So many wonderful people so generously shared their time, tips and resources with me. And I tried to pass on some of what I learned to others... Pay it forward, you know. This has been a wonderful little community to be a part of, and I feel like I have made some great friends over here. Sadly, I will not be hanging out over here anymore... These new guidelines make this board useless to digiscrappers. I won't post a layout without giving the credits as it is illegal, unethical, and simply rude to do so. And this board has been an amazing resource to me as far as products (both freebies and non).... I can't believe the product thread is gone! I didn't even know where or how to go about getting digi products when I first started... There are many other places where we can go be a "community," but it was so fun to share our love of Disney over here on the DIS... This is really, really sad.
Yes, VERY sad. It seems such a big deal is being made over the sharing of information. It's not like it was being broadcast to the whole board. Digi scrappers make up a small subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of this site. And now we're being driven away. It's really too bad, but it is what it is.

<--- CLICK HERE!

Robin

Sep-08 VAKL: 2 nights (DVC) ~Aug-08 Magic 15-day EB Repo Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-07 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-06 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-06 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-05 SSR: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-04 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ May-04 VWL: 9 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-03 GC: 4 nights ~ May-03 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-03 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Jan-03 BCV: 3 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-02 Polynesian: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Royal Pacific Resort: 3 nights ~ Apr-02 BWV: 7 nights (DVC) ~ Hard Rock Hotel: 1 night ~ Oct-01 Magic 7-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-00 OKW: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-00 Wonder 3-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Apr-99 Contempory: 4 nights ~ Feb-99 OKW: 2 nights ~ Aug-98 GF: 3 nights
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
Disney Baby
Disney Baby

Most of the moderators are mainly traditional scrappers - they have their wish - the Digiscrappers are leaving them alone. I am so sad to leave but I hope that you will all stay in touch. I am going to www.mousescrappers.com to see if we can start to build a new home there.
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #18
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
Can everyone post credits- the name of the designer without linking back to the store in any way, if you list the name of the designer without the store and a link would you be within your TOU- we are trying to come to a middle ground- allowing everyone to post while not being outside of the guidelines.
I understand about the middle ground and appreciate that the admins are trying to find it. I think most are upset because it came with little warning.

I think posting credits that way would work. But the whole purpose of the Post your Digital Links Thread was for just that- to post LINKS to share Disney related digital scrapbooking items with other digital scrappers, freebies or not. It made it easier to locate Disney digital stuff online.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
Most of the moderators are mainly traditional scrappers - they have their wish - the Digiscrappers are leaving them alone. I am so sad to leave but I hope that you will all stay in touch. I am going to www.mousescrappers.com to see if we can start to build a new home there.
well I'm sorry you feel that way but it has nothing to do with traditional scrappers versus digi scrappers.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRBB View Post
Just because someone posts a link to a site where products can be purchased doesn't mean they get any personal gain from it. More often than not it's just a friendly way of sharing, just as those that post about sales at Target or Michael's or AC Moore or any other site - brick & mortar or internet - for physical products.

It just seems y'all have taken the advertising rule over the top here. Just my humble opinion. Now I'm off to find some place where sharing isn't so restictive...
I agree. It is way over the top. Posting about a sale at a certain site is no different than posting about a Cricut product on sale at AC Moore or Hobby Lobby. Other than one is a physical store and one is a digital store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
Wow -- this makes me really sad. This is where I "learned" to digiscrap. So many wonderful people so generously shared their time, tips and resources with me. And I tried to pass on some of what I learned to others... Pay it forward, you know. This has been a wonderful little community to be a part of, and I feel like I have made some great friends over here. Sadly, I will not be hanging out over here anymore... These new guidelines make this board useless to digiscrappers. I won't post a layout without giving the credits as it is illegal, unethical, and simply rude to do so. And this board has been an amazing resource to me as far as products (both freebies and non).... I can't believe the product thread is gone! I didn't even know where or how to go about getting digi products when I first started... There are many other places where we can go be a "community," but it was so fun to share our love of Disney over here on the DIS... This is really, really sad.
I agree. This was where I first got introduced to digital scrapping and learned so much from those here. I found a lot of great stuff through the threads here when I first started. It so sad that the digiscrappers are being treated this way.

Quote:
I also agree with you. This is no longer a place were dgiscrappers are welcome. So sad. I definitely will be going somewhere else since it is clear we are no longer welcome here.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #21
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I understand about the middle ground and appreciate that the admins are trying to find it. I think most are upset because it came with little warning.

I think posting credits that way would work. But the whole purpose of the Post your Digital Links Thread was for just that- to post LINKS to share Disney related digital scrapbooking items with other digital scrappers, freebies or not. It made it easier to locate Disney digital stuff online.
the links expanded to much more then that though. We are working on an index that will be stuck to the top of the scrapbooking forum or added to the first post of the digi FAQ thread that will be broken down into categories including disney-ish, baby, wedding, travel, etc.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #22
janette
aka going2wdw
Wants to know who moved her button???
Ask me for directions

So the banning has begun, unbelievable how things work around here.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janette View Post
UNBELIEVABLE isn't it???? ..... I am ashamed to be associated with this board!!!
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #24
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

I'm so totally bummed about this. I was annoyed when fridge swaps and photopass shares were banned, but I understood why. I can't get on board with the decision to ban promoting awesome digital stores and freebies. I have been a DIS-er for a long time now, but you'll be seeing a lot less of me now. This is so upsetting. The DIS was my digi-scrapping home. I always felt more comfortable here than on the other digi sites. We were such a fun little group of Disney digi fans! I hope we can make our new home just as (well, make that much MORE) welcoming! Hope to see everyone over there soon!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #25
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just registered! Great place.... And traditional scrappers are welcomed too!!
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janette View Post
So sad.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
nicurn
"dark side" scrapper
target shopping queen
Never say never to the Tag Fairy!
Gotta love drywall tape!

wow. I have never felt that paper scrappers didn't welcome the digi scrappers or that the digi scrappers didn't welcome the paper scrappers. sure there have been issues (like the digi challenges that you have to make disney related) but everyone was happy sharing information.

I do think that the board as it has grown has changed, it doesn't seem as close knit as it used to, it's still friendly but in more of an "aquaintance" way vs an "I got your back" way. it will only get worse if everyone starts pointing fingers and saying, oh the digi scrappers said this or the paper scrappers said that. y'all are all STILL scrappers and it doesn't matter how you do it. it's still the same end product.

could the rules have been presented in a better way, absolutely. now that they are out there again, maybe they will be enforced across the board and not just single out the scrappers (which is my gripe with them more than anything else).

that's all. going back to 2peas myself. Just thought it was getting a little uglier over here than it really needed to be.

thanks piratesmate
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #28
mommyofthreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I was annoyed when fridge swaps and photopass shares were banned, but I understood why. I can't get on board with the decision to ban promoting awesome digital stores and freebies. I have been a DIS-er for a long time now, but you'll be seeing a lot less of me now.
I so agree!

Fridge swaps. Done.
Photopass share. Done.
Stroller swaps. Over.
Digital stores/freebies. Over

What's next? I can't recommend a pair of comfortable shoes to wear in the parks??? What about all the Crocs talk and posting of sales/info? Where does this end??? Let me guess, I won't be able to share a packing list because it has moleskin on it??? Or I can't recommend bringing Crystal Light in packets.

Think about it. Where does it end?

I can tell you one thing, I booked my trip in 9 days with DU. My March cruise is booked with DU. I think it is time to 100% completely stop supporting ANYTHING on this site if that's the way its going to be. Ridiculous.

NEVER did I think this board would come to this.

Sad indeed.

Where will our new home be?
September 2008-ASsp- Anniversary trip-just DH & I
April 25-30, 2009- BWV with a friend
March 21-25, 2010- first cruise! and a stay at POR and CS. On the Wonder.
January 3-8, 2011- 2nd cruise! On the Magic.
(41) (38) (20) (15) (13)
Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #29
latergator
Earning My Ears

wow...i come back from vacation, pop on to see what goodies i have missed on my fave thread and - BOOM! very disappointing to say the least. seems things really could have been handled better. i was new here and was really enjoying the thread. i feel so bad for the true blue DISers that have really been hurt by this. it's a dam* shame...
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #30
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Can one of the mods please respond to my question in this thread? I'm just trying to understand the new rules.

ETA -- The same question would apply to this thread, this thread, and this thread....

Last edited by DisneyCruiser2008; 09-17-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: