Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #1246
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I'm new to this show. I've seen bits and pieces over the last 2 seasons. I knew who Vicki was and that's about it.

These women are so whacko---every last one of them! Actually, Lydia seems to be the one right now with her head screwed on *better*.

Gretchen seems to me to be the worst. What a mouthy, well, woman. Tamra is a nutcase. I hope this is all just about ratings and trying to make their show exciting because this really is middle school behavior from all of them.

I can't get past the way Heather talks to her crazy husband. He seems to try way too hard to be funny and fit in. She then rips him a new one and he plays dumb. As a PP said, no way would I ever go to him after seeing him on this show or seeing how they interact.

Vicki seems like a middle aged hot mess. That Brooks guy creeps me out. I know I sympathize with her daughter over not liking mom's new BF (I can't stand the *man* my mom was seeing) but the daughter's husband is over the top with the cameras and such.

Alexis...I'm not sure what to think of her. Right now, she's just a whiner and complainer to me. I did like the fact that Lydia called her on her actions. If she is going to be on National TV and proclaim her Christianity, it is good to see someone hold her accountable in some way.

Anyway, I'm sure my thoughts will evolve throughout the series...but Tamra's actions at the dinner party/blessing of the building were just nutty angry. What a hotheaded woman! And, I thought it was interesting how she remarked about Vicki around Alexis and how she acted differently. Who acted differently??? Tamra was much nicer to Vicki when they went to dinner alone than when she had Gretchen and Heather with her---they seemed to make her much more mouthy and ballsy at that dinner. Alexis went because Tamra said she could come. Alexis should have stayed home but for the show (I'm sure) and maybe for making peace she went and seemed supportive. Tamra probably would not have acted like that if her posse was not there backing her up. I think she would have been more gracious as a host.

These women seem to have no class to me.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #1247
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I'm willing to bet Tamra's daughter will grow up to be a "mean girl" in school. My daughter goes to school with a girl who has developed into a mean girl. I went to high school with her mother and guess what.....she was the meanest of them all! What is she teaching her children?
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #1248
hellow
Mouseketeer

So true about Tamra's daughter! I sure hope none of the kids of these women (with the exception of Vicki who has adult children) ever watch this show. Talk about NOT leading by example.
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #1249
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I'm willing to bet Tamra's daughter will grow up to be a "mean girl" in school. My daughter goes to school with a girl who has developed into a mean girl. I went to high school with her mother and guess what.....she was the meanest of them all! What is she teaching her children?
Thankfully, they have one parent to protect them. Simon refuses to allow the children on the show. I don't think, they are allowed to mention the kids (in a specific manner) either.

Tamra is toxic. I'd feel sorry for Eddie, if he wasn't a homewrecker and a backstabber. He deserves everything he gets.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #1250
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Tamara has some serious anger issues. Who screams like that? I can't believe Vicki did not get up when she was told to "pick a side". Heather made a great point about how Vicki must be committed to mending the friendship by staying. I thought it was cute how Heather was trying to get her daughter to say different words in the car.

I hated that Vicki kept calling Gretchen stupid. I think it makes Vicki look ridiculous and she should know that Gretchen was just trying to get a rise out of her. Oh, and look, it worked. And it's pathetic that Gretchen said anything because she knew what Vicki meant but I understand the animosity she has towards Vicki.

I don't think Alexis is being bullied. The other ladies were trying to point out a negative characteristic which she was not receptive to hearing about and it all snow balled. It would have been better/nicer if it was done differently but this is Real Housewives & Bravo. If it was going to be all nice and sweet, it wouldn't be on TV. But the million dollar question, if Alexis really feels like a victim here, WHY COME BACK? Alexis herself said something to that effect last night but of course, had no answer. I enjoyed watching Lydia point that out to Alexis.

I think it's funny that Michael won't tell Vicki where he lives. Ryan sounded a little over the top with cameras and security but he must have had Vicki's blessing because it is her house. Brianne blogged this week - she described the living arrangement. They all agreed to x,y and z. If Vicki wants to change it, Brianne would happily move out. No grudges. She appears to be level headed so I tend to believe her and think Vicki is just agreeing with who ever she speaks with, in this instance, her brother.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #1251
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydelly View Post
I think you described most of those lades with that sentence .
Good point. I don't really like any of them. But that doesn't change my feeling that Alexis is moron for going back over and over for abuse from the other women.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1252
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Vicki is the one that drives me crazy. SHe is so friggin dramatic and lives in a wierd reality.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #1253
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Omg.... Alexis is soooo annoying! Always the victim. The way she yelled at the Lydia after she said that people kill themselves over bullying was ridiculous. "Yeah well I had to take Zanex Lydia!" Give me a break. Not even comparable.

I actually kind of like Lydia so far! Lol
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1254
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Did Vicki just say she didn't agree with what Tamra did to Slade???

She was the one who hated Slade the MOST!

Vicki is a pot stirrer this season. She's taking the high road? Apparently that means being friends with people she couldn't stand before because her old ones got tired of her B.S. She's trying to be the head mean girl in her new little clique.

(Btw... I post from my phone as I watch at work so I do multiple ones! Sorry!)
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Old 04-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #1255
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Haha! Lydia says, "I can see why they don't like her."

I really like her this episode!!!

I feel a little bad that Vicki's family keep brining up Don. It's her life, she's what? In her late 40's? She's a big girl.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #1256
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

I also thought it was strange that Vic brought up Slade. She was one of the people who could not stand Slade and was very vocal about how much she disliked him and what she thought of him.

I think Vic has changed this season though. I think she is trying to get along with everyone and not take sides.
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1257
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Tamra is flat out the mean girl and definitely has anger issues. She thinks she does absolutely nothing wrong, ever. I would never want to be her "friend" because she doesn't know how to be a friend. It's her way or the highway. I think Heather is very controlling with everyone. I actually like Alexis. I don't think she's the "dumb blonde". She's portrayed that way, but the reality is, she has been ganged up on multiple times.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #1258
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I am around some mean women unfortunately (not by choice) and yes, their daughters are JUST like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Tamra is flat out the mean girl and definitely has anger issues. She thinks she does absolutely nothing wrong, ever. I would never want to be her "friend" because she doesn't know how to be a friend. It's her way or the highway. I think Heather is very controlling with everyone. I actually like Alexis. I don't think she's the "dumb blonde". She's portrayed that way, but the reality is, she has been ganged up on multiple times.
I agree, Tamra is just nasty. All of them are just so classless the way they speak to one another and behave. It's ridiculous. Honestly they just seem so trashy. I must live a very sheltered life if THAT is how grown women live their lives.

I find it very interesting how Gretchen turned on Alexis. I'm a very loyal friend and clearly these women are not.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #1259
hellow
Mouseketeer

I saw this quote on facebook and immediately thought of the wonderful housewives of OC during their dinner party

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." ~Emily Post
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #1260
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Tamras fiancé gives me the creeps!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: