Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #1186
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I can't wait to watch tonight!
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #1187
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Tamra and Gretchen were awful. What was with Gretchen making snide comments as people talked?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #1188
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Tamra and Gretchen were awful. What was with Gretchen making snide comments as people talked?
I haven't watched the last episode yet, but I feel like she's a Tamra wannabe. Only it doesn't really work for her, she just looks obnoxious and stupid.
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #1189
GJM
DIS Veteran

I really don't like the new girl - something about her, she seems so childish
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #1190
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

I totally agree with the PP. The new girl is a terrible fit with the other housewives. I think she is way too young. Just listen to her speak - her vocabulary makes her sound like she is about 15 years old. She is getting on my last nerve already.

Last edited by antmaril; 04-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
antmaril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #1191
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Are we watching the same show?

I personally thought that Alexis didn't belong at Tamra's dinner. If it was a dinner with her "closest" friends and was to celebrate her being a small business owner, then it wasn't appropriate. I don't know if this was a Bravo mandate that all the cast members had to be there, hence the "domino" invite of Alexis and Lydia.

If it's true that Alexis hadn't seen Tamra in several months and had been threatening to sue, I could see why Tamra was defensive and apprehensive. I thought it was nice of Alexis to say right off the bat to Tamra that she was there to support her being a businesswoman and all that. I also felt that Tamra could have gotten her buns off the couch to hug the 3 ladies instead of making them bend down to hug her.

That said, Alexis then started to make it all about her. "I know how hard it is, I had a dress line." Twice. Blah blah blah. Then Vicki starts in on her darn insurance. I can see where Tamra would get upset about this. This is supposed to be about her, and then her guests start making it all about them. Alexis also went on to babble about the tension and maybe she should leave "check please" so I think she added extra tension to the situation.

Alexis seemed to be ready to rumble with Heather and Gretchen. I applaud Vicki for staying quiet, since that shocked me. IMHO Alexis couldn't let it drop, and then started up with the ganging up on and bullying baloney. Then it went downhill from there.

I do believe then after Alexis told Tamra to butt out, then it was more than appropriate for Tamra to tell Alexis to leave. Tamra is no angel but Alexis was there just for drama.

I'm curious to see what Vicki's response is going to be from the previews.

Wife & Mommy
to 2 little girls and a baby boy

==========
3/95 AS-Sports 3/01 offsite 9/04 POFQ 4th Anniversary,
9/06 POFQ, 3/07: One Magical Day at MK! 9/07 POP Century 7th Anniversary
9/11 POFQ Parents and the Princesses Trip!
11/12 POP Century Celebrating my 40th birthday at WDW!!!

Neelloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #1192
Tomader
DIS Veteran

I can't stand Gretchen!!! I have never cared for her because she comes off phony. This season the real Gretchen has come to play. Tamara is being Tamara. She is a mean women and that is who she is. She thrives on drama and now she has an equal partner in Gretchen. Alexis should not have come but I'm sure Bravo wanted the drama so she went. Tamara started the trouble and Alexis played right into her hands. Gretchen, Tamara, and Heather are not nice. I'm not a fan of Alexis but the three of them teamed up and went full steam ahead. I hope Vickie leaves the party and goes with Alexis. If Vickie wants to change her life she needs to get rid of Tamara! Let Gretchen have her. Heather needs to get over herself. Her husband needs to stop wearing the shirt with his company logo on it. Are they that desperate for work???
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #1193
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Tamara, Gretchen and Alexis were all terrible. And let's throw in Vicki too because she knew there would be trouble when she invited Alexis.

They new girl does not fit. She is way too young.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #1194
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom View Post
Tamara, Gretchen and Alexis were all terrible. And let's throw in Vicki too because she knew there would be trouble when she invited Alexis.

They new girl does not fit. She is way too young.
I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but there is no doubt that Bravo set up the whole party and made sure all the ladies were there. I don't think Tamra picked the guest list herself .
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #1195
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydelly View Post
I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but there is no doubt that Bravo set up the whole party and made sure all the ladies were there. I don't think Tamra picked the guest list herself .
This is NOT a real reality show. That is for sure.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1196
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydelly View Post

Exactly!! Vicki invited, Tamra said yes and Alexis said yes because they are on a show together. They have contracts and have to be in situations to film together.
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #1197
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

No thoughts yet on the new episode... But the new girl's husband looks like the brother from Wedding Crashers. You know... The painter
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #1198
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Gretchen's lips look ridiculous on the ride to take Slade to the airport.

I like how NOW Tamra has a problem asserting herself. "I was caught off guard and didn't know what to say!" Yeah right. NOW you have a problem finding your voice? Give me a break.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1199
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

That was the most awkward pre-dinner cocktail hour ever!

It was stupid for them to nit pick that Vicki said it was her baby but for Vicki to call her stupid was over the top.

I do feel bad for Alexis at the dinner. Vicki never should have invited her and they did gang up in her. I think she held her own well though without vein belligerent like Tamra.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #1200
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

I think these girls are made for each other.

Alexis and Vicki love to play the victim and Gretchen, Tamra and Heather love to make them that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: