Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #1141
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kds2K9 View Post
There was an episode last season where Jim and Alexis went out to dinner. It was VERY evident that he wanted her to stay home and take care of him and the kids. He was not interested at all in supporting any of her goals or dreams.

Just my perception. Not going to argue over a silly show.
Lol She's a regular on a reality show and has three small kids...including twins. The kids alone are a full time job. I'm sure she was spread very thin with two more jobs. What's wrong with Jim saying, " he wanted her home more"?

Just a reminder folks...editing, editing and editing...

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #1142
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Lol She's a regular on a reality show and has three small kids...including twins. The kids alone are a full time job. I'm sure she was spread very thin with two more jobs. What's wrong with Jim saying, " he wanted her home more"?

Just a reminder folks...editing, editing and editing...
He didn't just say that though...he said something along the lines of the role of the woman was to stay at home and not work outside of the home. He also implied that the dreams/aspirations she had of working outside the home were not as important as his own.

And I do know that this is 'set up' and edited and they give them stories to tell throughout the season. But still, he has always acted like a man who just wants his woman to do what he says.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1143
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom View Post

I've always thought Alexis looked older than her alleged age. And I think you hit the nail on the head! I couldn't think of what was different about him!
I went to school with Alexis from 7th-12th grade. She's 36. (Possibly 37 but not older than that.) I know very little about her, though, other than that.

As for the show...Ugh, train wreck.

I want to like Heather but she was being really mean about the onion rings which, to me, just seemed like playful joking around. Her attitude about it was getting obnoxious.

Vicki looked nice but I can't stand Brooks and it's obvious the "break up" was staged. I am so glad Brianna is vocal and honest about her feelings about Brooks.

Tamra...eh. She's another one I wanted to root for. I was so glad when she got away from Simon.

Gretchen...again, eh. So your grown man boyfriend got a job. Congratulations.

Last edited by Mama Mouse; 04-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Mama Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1144
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Way scary. Like a squirrel on crack.
This made me laugh! She seems like something else -- can't wait until they introduce her on the show.

Vicki's face didn't look all that different to me. I guess her nose looked better.

I liked Gretchen's shorter hairdo, but not the big bangs. One thing I liked is that she has changed her makeup. Much more subtle and less drag queen. It looked good.

Brianna's baby is really cute. I can't imagine it would be a good idea to move in with Vicki, though. I'm surprised she's doing it.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #1145
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Mouse

I went to school with Alexis from 7th-12th grade. She's 36. (Possibly 37 but not older than that.) I know very little about her, though, other than that.
You are right- my brother knew her in college at Mizzou I think he might have gone out with her once or twice =-O yikes! He is 36 fwiw.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1146
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
You are right- my brother knew her in college at Mizzou I think he might have gone out with her once or twice =-O yikes! He is 36 fwiw.
I went to Mizzou, too. I knew she was here in town and assumed she was going to MU because I spotted her a time or two back then but never actually talked to her. That said, I'm still in Como and a good friend of mine used to be good friends with her.

And she's mortified at her behavior on the show. As we all are. XD
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #1147
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Okay... I'm caught up on the first two episodes and I'm getting ready for the third. Here are my thoughts so far:

Vicki- I think she looks great and although I am not really a fan, that may change this year. She seems much more grounded. I loved her "They can say it to my face..... My numb face" comment lol.

I don't think it's a horrible idea for Brianna and her husband to move in if he's deploying soon. That baby is perfect. He looks just like a baby boy should look!

Tamra- I usually love her. I don't know if I, myself, an maturing or if she is much worse now, but her pot stirring and gossiping is annoying already.

Eddie is still a creep and reminds me of a Lifetime movie villain.

Heather- Still love her. I think she and her husband just have funny banter. I don't think the onion rings were really a huge deal but he knew he was annoying her. Lol

Gretchen- Eh... No real thoughts other than the fact that I wish she wore less makeup. She looks too "fake".

Alexis- Still annoying and I can see her on her one woman anti-bullying crusade all season. And where do her and her husband get the money to buy more businesses if they can't keep them going?

I'm can't remember if I am missing anyone...

The new girl looks....... Interesting.

Should be a fun season!
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1148
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

See, I don't think it's funny banter between Heather and her husband. The eye rolling, and talking to him like a child in front of other people is very unbecoming of her. I would never disrespect my husband like that, and he would never do that to me either.

I agree about the new girl. Interesting is a good word for her. She sure did love to brag about their money. She should get along just fine with Alexis.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #1149
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom View Post
See, I don't think it's funny banter between Heather and her husband. The eye rolling, and talking to him like a child in front of other people is very unbecoming of her. I would never disrespect my husband like that, and he would never do that to me either.

I agree about the new girl. Interesting is a good word for her. She sure did love to brag about their money. She should get along just fine with Alexis.
My husband and I wouldn't interact with each other like that either, but I think do. It's not the first time I've seen them like that on the show.

(Sorry for the edit... I'm babysitting and baby was on a rampage! Lol)
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #1150
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Hahahahahahaha..... The new girl and her "borrowed" ring.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #1151
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Okay so I take it back. Vicki is still annoying. Enough with the talk about Brooks.

Poor Heather lol. My husband and hers are very similar. They are in the same "daddy camp" as Terry said.

The new girl is ANNOYING. She's like a 12 year old playing grown up with the giggles and the "raise the roof" motions.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #1152
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
Okay so I take it back. Vicki is still annoying. Enough with the talk about Brooks.

Poor Heather lol. My husband and hers are very similar. They are in the same "daddy camp" as Terry said.

The new girl is ANNOYING. She's like a 12 year old playing grown up with the giggles and the "raise the roof" motions.
The new one was like a teenager. She irritated me. She must be 30ish but she seemed much younger.

The trampoline place looked really fun. I wish we had something like that around here.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #1153
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
The new one was like a teenager. She irritated me. She must be 30ish but she seemed much younger.

The trampoline place looked really fun. I wish we had something like that around here.
We just had one open here at the end of February. It's called Jumpology. We haven't even gone yet, but I follow them on Facebook and they sell out their sessions every weekend. During Spring Break, they were sold out every day. I hear it's a lot of fun.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #1154
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I really like Terry. I think Heather being home with the kids and no side projects is just making her snippy. Or they're going through a rough patch... But I do enjoy them.

Tamra and Gretchen.... Meh. Tamra does have some zingy one liners.

Vicki looks a million Times better now then when the show taped. I'm interested to see the fight between her and Ryan later on. I don't think her and Brooks are really broken up.

Alexis... Barf.

New girl.... Scares me. She seems super immature for her age.mi was blown away when she said she had two kids. I assumed she was early twenties and childless.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #1155
bas71873
DIS Veteran

New girls husband looks SOOO familiar to me. I think he's been on TV before. I need to investigate!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: