Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #46
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

The food looks delicious! I really like the little sampler of desserts so you can try all three! The apple crumble looks particularly yummy!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #47
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
The food looks delicious! I really like the little sampler of desserts so you can try all three! The apple crumble looks particularly yummy!
It really was pretty tasty. And I agree, the sampler made it really easy to try a few things without getting stuffed. (Of course, it didn't help that we ate all of the other desserts too )

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #48
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Dinner - Parrot Cay

Sorry for the delayed update. Things have been a bit busy at work. But I'm back, and updating. Hope to finish the report soon.

Asaparagus soup - I really liked it

Chicken appetizer - Really tasty

West Indies Romaine Salad - DH had it, but he can't remember his thoughts (which means it wasn't bad)

Our favorite ribeye

And the desserts (again a great variety from our server)

DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #49
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Dinner - Pirate Night

I think this was the conch chowder (but it wasn't great for us)

This was the potstickers. They were kind of bready. Not great.

The salad was nice (fresh, as usual)

We love our dressings:

My mom got the mahi mahi, which she liked

DH got the ribeye as usual, no sauce

And I had the sirloin of beef, which was really good

And desserts:

Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #50
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Dining staff

We really had the best dining crew. As we've noted, they went above and beyond. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

At the top of the list is head server Witt from Thailand. His favorite line was "if you have any problems call 1-800-Witt." We never had a problem. He was great.

Savio was the server. He's from India

And Veronica was the assistant server. She's from Brazil.

We had Witt for both cruises, but Savio and Veronica were new for the second cruise. We had only been in the dining room one night for the 3-night cruise, so we didn't get to know the servers there well. Mark was the server, and he was nice. I can't remember the name of the assistant server, but she had little to no personality. (We had her for a breakfast)

We were really happy with our dining staff and the room server. They were all great, and in addition to nice comments on the card, we also wrote a letter.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #51
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Great report! Just found it and love the details!

We will be surprising out kids this December with a cruise - they are 2 and 4. How did your daughter react when she realized for certain that it was a Disney Cruise surprise?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #52
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
We will be surprising out kids this December with a cruise - they are 2 and 4. How did your daughter react when she realized for certain that it was a Disney Cruise surprise?
That's so cool. You all will have so much fun.

This is going to sound horrible when I say this, but I don't think our daughter understands just how cool it all is. Don't get me wrong - she LOVES it. I just think she thinks it's something we could do anytime we want. We were in Cocoa Beach last weekend and saw both the Magic and Wonder. She asked if we could go on the "Mickey Boat," and we said we didn't have tickets. She asked if we could get tickets next time so we could go on again. Oh, if only it was that simple (or the tickets were that cheap)

Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #53
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Ha ha! Yes, I think it is hard for them to understand.

In trying to get my son potty trained, we tell him that if he goes on potty he can go on Mickey Boat. So he'll say, "pee potty! Mickey Boat!" No luck, though.
Our daughter asks nearly every single day if we could LIVE on Mickey Boat. She is seriously as obsessed with Disney Cruise Line as I am....possibly even worse. So I think she will have some understanding when she finally sees the ship at the Port.

Luckily we are getting in on Friday night and then driving down to the Sheraton at Port Canaveral. I don't think they'll see the ship from there and possible be sleeping during our drive. We're going to tell them we're going to the beach or something. Then the next morning when we are driving to the Port we'll let them see it for themselves. I think there is going to be a lot of screaming in our car at that point!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #54
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurOhana View Post
That's so cool. You all will have so much fun.

This is going to sound horrible when I say this, but I don't think our daughter understands just how cool it all is. Don't get me wrong - she LOVES it. I just think she thinks it's something we could do anytime we want. We were in Cocoa Beach last weekend and saw both the Magic and Wonder. She asked if we could go on the "Mickey Boat," and we said we didn't have tickets. She asked if we could get tickets next time so we could go on again. Oh, if only it was that simple (or the tickets were that cheap)
My daughter is the same. She is 4 and we are booked for July 30th 8 night Magic cruise. We went last summer on a revised Eastern that became a western and she LOVED it but at that age she doesn't quite get that it is EXPENSIVE and we can't just go on Mickeys Boat anytime we like. The other day she found 27p that must have fallen out of our pockets in her bedroom (that is around 40 cents in US money) and she gave it to me and asked if NOW do we have enough pennies to go back on Mickeys Special Boat?!

I am loving your trip report and photos, I find reading trip reports and living vicariously through other peoples trips is the best way to pass time between cruises!

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: