Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #31
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
That Jason looks like Jason Surrell, the author of books about HM and POTC. Is that right?
yes..

Tool
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #32
PixyDusted
DIS Veteran

Yup, that's him!! His Haunted Mansion book's dedicated to his ex-wife Christy, his Mountains book is dedicated to me and I'm sure IF he does another book it'll be dedicated to her! What a freakin' joke he is. I'm not sure how anyone takes him seriously - but anyway, I won't write a novel on the DISboards about him. I'm actually a really good person and that's not my style.

Carrie - no bad feelings stirred at all! If anything, everything I hear now that's SO ridiculous about him is really just a reaffirmation of how lucky I am to NOT be in that relationship anymore! Seriously I'm happier than I've EVER been - but thank you for the hugs, everyone!

Bloggin...
PixyDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #33
erin.w
DIS Veteran

How scandalous! I didn't realize the disboards were such a small world. Great pictures Carrie, those tables look very costly!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #34
erin.w
DIS Veteran

How scandalous! I didn't realize the disboards were such a small world. Great pictures Carrie, those tables look very costly!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #35
KSchwagg86
DIS Veteran

awesome--thanks Carrie!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #36
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Thanks for the pics! I've been checking out some of the talks on youtube. I'm in the middle of the World Of Colour presentation, and they make it sound so exciting!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #37
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Half of the booth was devoted to the dresses and jewelry designed by Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.

These are the Kirstie Kelly wedding gown, bridesmaids dresses, and accessories auctioned off at Saturday night's live auction:

Kirstie Kelly made an appearance at the booth on Saturday, and whaddya know - she's a Star Wars fan!

Apparently she's a Lurkyloo fan too!

Of course she is a Lurkyloo fan!!! - who isn't?

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 09-16-2009 at 08:09 AM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #38
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Great pics Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy View Post
Cool, that table setup with the purple is actually for my wedding coming up next week! I didn't know they used it at D23, makes me super excited! (Not that I'm already not excited!)
The table looks fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy View Post
Yeah I'm sure I could post some pictures after it's all said and done.

We're doing a castle wedding our reception is going to be out in front of It's A Small World, weather permitting of course (no rain please!) reception should start at about 1030pmish.
It would be great to hear about your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
O course she is a Lurkyloo fan!!! - who isn't?
Exactly.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #39
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Of course she is a Lurkyloo fan!!! - who isn't?
I was going to say the same thing!

Great pictures, Carrie!

Another friend of mine was at the expo and posted a pic of the carriage. All I could think when I looked at it was. On top of how much it costs to rent that carriage, all that floral must cost a FORTUNE!
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #40
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
I was going to say the same thing!

Great pictures, Carrie!

Another friend of mine was at the expo and posted a pic of the carriage. All I could think when I looked at it was. On top of how much it costs to rent that carriage, all that floral must cost a FORTUNE!
You read my mind!! That floral looks amazing and i think the price would be pretty damn amazing too!

I agree too, i think everyone is a Carrie fan! Everyone loves Carrie!

All hail QueenBee lurkyloo!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #41
beach bride 2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
Thanks for the pictures!! I want to join the D23 now. I love the beach theme table I wonder how much that stand cost to rent to put the sand underneath?
I asked that very question since I am doing a whole beach theme for my wedding but the person I spoke to said I'd have to contact DFTW for an answer.
I am not a member of D23 either...anyone can go to the expo, not just members. I highly recommend going if you get the chance. I didn't even attend any of the smaller presentations and there was so much to see and do this is the first time I've ever gone all the way to Anaheim and not set foot inside of Disneyland!
As far as the dresses, I am not sure about the first few days but on Sunday they were doing a sample sale from 12-5 so I think it was possible to try some of them on. I didn't because I had other plans during that time frame but I did notice the signs were advertising that they were 40% off. On Saturday when I was talking to the Cast Member and asking about the beach themed table one of the ladies kept encouraging me to go to the event Kirstie Kelly is having at her boutique in October. She said the dresses would be 40-80% off. I already have my dress picked out and flying back to CA that week is definitely not a possibility for me anyways but if anybody is interested in going I'll see if I still have the postcard with the info on it in my bag of goodies from the expo. (Another good reason to go to the expo next year if you are thinking about it...there were lots of nice little freebies, even if DFTW wasn't giving any out!)
the guy, your table set-up was gorgeous. I hope you will share some pics of your wedding with us!
beach bride 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #42
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

I would love the info about her event in October if you have any! I love several of her dresses, but they're so expensive. If I got one on sale of course is another story...
Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #43
RadnerBell
Earning My Ears

I love the pictures...they are Wonderful.....I am so in love with the beach table...It totally inspired me....
thank you for the pictures....
Love them
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #44
The Scotts
Mouseketeer

Great pics, I had no idea that DFTW had a stand at the Expo.
The Scotts is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: