Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
the guy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I wondered if it belonged to someone on the DIS - congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope you'll come back here and share pictures with us - we just don't have enough info on Disneyland weddings around here...
Yeah I'm sure I could post some pictures after it's all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I love that setup. Where are you having your reception?
We're doing a castle wedding our reception is going to be out in front of It's A Small World, weather permitting of course (no rain please!) reception should start at about 1030pmish.
the guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy View Post
Cool, that table setup with the purple is actually for my wedding coming up next week! I didn't know they used it at D23, makes me super excited! (Not that I'm already not excited!)
Wow! That IS exciting!
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald'sGirl View Post
Thanks for all the pics Carrie! It is so awesome to see everything. I must say I do like these wedding dresses better than the first ones she came out with. I like the first on you posted the best just without the belt in the middle, then it would be perfect.
I do wonder how many of the brides who buy that dress actually wear the belt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.
Any time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Was the girl in the wedding dress posing with Kristie a bride? Were they letting people try on dresses?
I think she was a model. They had just had a wedding fashion show (very unfortunately scheduled to coincide with Jay Rasulo's big presentation about the theme parks ). She kinda stood around solo and posed for pix in front of the carriage.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Everything looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing all of that with us! It is great to know what else goes on with DFTW, as you often tend to get lost in your own planning.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #20
PixyDusted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I think she was a model. They had just had a wedding fashion show (very unfortunately scheduled to coincide with Jay Rasulo's big presentation about the theme parks ). She kinda stood around solo and posed for pix in front of the carriage.
Haha - I have to say this - that 39 year old man in the green shirt and the 24 year old GIRL in the wedding dress...that's my EX-FIANCE of four months and his gross new fiancee - ONLY FOUR MONTHS LATER after we had a wedding planned and everything...oh yeah, that was AFTER his first marriage! I'm not even sure she's DIVORCED yet from her husband. Jason's a "well known" Disney person too - that's why a) he can get these younger girls and b) why he was at the Expo. Pretty funny he's in your photos. Thanks for the laugh, Carrie!

I hope she starts a PJ here. That would crack me up!!

The new wedding stuff IS gorgeous!

Bloggin...

Last edited by PixyDusted; 09-15-2009 at 04:34 PM.
PixyDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Whoa... what a bizarre coincidence! Well known, eh? Too bad he's not well-known enough for me to have had any idea who he was... He might've found himself getting roughed up by those Storm Troopers!

I'm really sorry if I accidentally brought up any painful memories, Mikkel.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #22
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyDusted View Post
Haha - I have to say this - that 39 year old man in the green shirt and the 24 year old GIRL in the wedding dress...that's my EX-FIANCE of four months and his gross new fiancee - ONLY FOUR MONTHS LATER after we had a wedding planned and everything...oh yeah, that was AFTER his first marriage! I'm not even sure she's DIVORCED yet from her husband. Jason's a "well known" Disney person too - that's why a) he can get these younger girls and b) why he was at the Expo. Pretty funny he's in your photos. Thanks for the laugh, Carrie!

OH Mikel! I wondered why you haven't been on the boards! I am so sorry about everything. Here's lots of hugs for you!
It is really random and crazy that he ended up in Lurkyloo's pics!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy View Post
Yeah I'm sure I could post some pictures after it's all said and done.

We're doing a castle wedding our reception is going to be out in front of It's A Small World, weather permitting of course (no rain please!) reception should start at about 1030pmish.
Umm...I wanna go!

This sounds fabulous. The tables look gorgeous as well. Good luck and congratulations!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
PrincessMonkey
Disney Princess

I have pictures from the D23 DFTW booth too, so I will get them uploaded on the DIS. You beat me to it, Lurkyloo. I am sorry I didn't see you.

My favorite table setting was for The_Guy's wedding -- Congratulations, it looks breathtaking! I wore different Disney costumes at the D23 Expo. I had to have a Photopass picture with the carriage in the different outfits. Tey alwasy laughed when I stopped by, and it was a fun experience. Why not?

I was measured at the Expo for my dress (on Thursday). We took my measurements off to the side, so the photographers wouldn't catch us. I also visited the LA Kirstie Kelly boutique yesterday to look at more dresses. They had unloaded a car of the gowns, so it was a flurry of satin, bags and D23 swag in their offices.

I didn't try on any dresses at the Expo, because I didn't want my fiance to catch an unauthorized glimpse of my wedding dress before the big day. I would be happy to model dresses for DFTW at future D23 Expos. I think Kirstie Kelly is an amazing designer, and I'm just sorry that I didn't get to meet her.
PrincessMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #25
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I actually noticed him right away and did a double take at the 'just engaged' button.

Now I know why my DF doesn't like Jason, he really is a huge jerk!

I'm so sorry Mikkel!
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mikkel, I'm sorry too! What a jerky thing to do!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #27
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Aw Mikkel, I just wanted to say how sorry I am.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #28
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile

Thanks for posting these pics, Carrie! I particularly enjoyed the white sparkly pumpkins.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:

That Jason looks like Jason Surrell, the author of books about HM and POTC. Is that right?

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #30
Elsha
Mouseketeer

Carrie...You're my hero...
Thanks for the pics...and all the wonderful info you always share.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: