Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
DeannaMKB
Mouseketeer
 
DeannaMKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Milestone, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 309

Has Anyone Seen New Categories/Deck Plans for Magic & Wonder

I know they are supposed to be recategorizing staterooms for 2011 and am wondering if anyone has found the new deck plans or anything like that. I would like to try and pin down what category I will be looking to book in.
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DD(7)
DL 1977, DL 1988, DL 2007, WDW 2009, DL 2009, WDW & DCL Dream 2011, DL & DCL Wonder 2012, WDW & DCL Fantasy 2013, AKV 2013

DeannaMKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

I've heard the 11C that was posted in a news article is the now Cat. 12. Also saw posted in another thread on here that the suites will be lettered categories and not 1-3.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaMKB View Post
I know they are supposed to be recategorizing staterooms for 2011 and am wondering if anyone has found the new deck plans or anything like that. I would like to try and pin down what category I will be looking to book in.
If you go the DCL site under STATEROOMS they have a blurb about what the new classifications will be...here is an example on the Cat 4 Family Suites.

Changes Effective 2011: For cruises sailing in 2011, Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Verandahs will be reclassified into 3 new categories: 4A, 4B or 4E. These room categories are all on Deck 8, the highest passenger deck, and located either mid-ship or forward

A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah features the pleasant comforts of home. Stretch out in a seating area to watch TV and first-run movies from a comfortable couch, or settle down for an evening of quality family time. When the day is done, nestle into plush beds for restful nights on the high seas.

The seating and sleeping areas can be separated with a heavy privacy curtain for greater intimacy, and the entire space is decked from ceiling to floor in charming nautical touches. You also enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a luxurious tub and separate sinks that allow for 2 people to use the space at the same time.


I bolded the new classification. They do that with each category so you can look up the category you want and the website should tell you what the new classificatoin is.

Here is a link...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...with-verandah/

MJ
__________________
31 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
jnadelman
DIS Veteran
 
jnadelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 921

I'm hoping that deck 1 ocean view rooms become less than those on deck 2. Deck 1 has smaller windows and should cost less.
__________________
JEFF - "I'm too excited to sleep."


CS Sept 1999
POFQ Aug 2002
ASMov Oct 2006
Pop Dec 2007
Pop Feb 2008
Magic Oct/Nov 2009
CB Oct/Nov 2011
CB Aug 2012
POR Aug 2013



jnadelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnadelman View Post
I'm hoping that deck 1 ocean view rooms become less than those on deck 2. Deck 1 has smaller windows and should cost less.

I agree!!!

Just saw this under Ocenview staterooms.....maybe all levels of ocean will be priced differently.

Changes Effective 2011:
For cruises sailing in 2011, Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms will be reclassified into 4 new categories: 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D. These room categories will be located on Decks 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7. Rooms on Decks 1 and 2 are closest to the restaurants and nightclubs. Deck 7 is an upper deck with more expansive views. Relax in classic maritime style within an environment that offers generous room to spread out and unwind. Watch television and first-run movies in a seating area that includes a handsomely upholstered couch and a sleek and sturdy desk. When it's time for sleep, a luxurious bed awaits, shielded from the activities in other parts of the room by a convenient privacy curtain. These sumptuous private quarters are decked from ceiling to floor in fine-looking furnishings that will please any sea-farer.

I am guessing that the current Cat 8 will be 9A, 9B and the current Cat 9's will be 9C and 9D.


MJ
__________________
31 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
jnadelman
DIS Veteran
 
jnadelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
I agree!!!

Just saw this under Ocenview staterooms.....maybe all levels of ocean will be priced differently.

Changes Effective 2011:
For cruises sailing in 2011, Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms will be reclassified into 4 new categories: 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D. These room categories will be located on Decks 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7. Rooms on Decks 1 and 2 are closest to the restaurants and nightclubs. Deck 7 is an upper deck with more expansive views. Relax in classic maritime style within an environment that offers generous room to spread out and unwind. Watch television and first-run movies in a seating area that includes a handsomely upholstered couch and a sleek and sturdy desk. When it's time for sleep, a luxurious bed awaits, shielded from the activities in other parts of the room by a convenient privacy curtain. These sumptuous private quarters are decked from ceiling to floor in fine-looking furnishings that will please any sea-farer.

I am guessing that the current Cat 8 will be 9A, 9B and the current Cat 9's will be 9C and 9D.


MJ
I saw that too, but it doesn't indicate what will make them each of those 4 cats. There are 2 now, cats 8 and 9. So 2 are becoming 4, but what they use to figure this out is still a mystery.
__________________
JEFF - "I'm too excited to sleep."


CS Sept 1999
POFQ Aug 2002
ASMov Oct 2006
Pop Dec 2007
Pop Feb 2008
Magic Oct/Nov 2009
CB Oct/Nov 2011
CB Aug 2012
POR Aug 2013



jnadelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,575

Oh good grief!!! Talk about making life more difficult on the 21st & 28th. I guess I am just going to have to request a certain room and find out what cat it is going to be. Does anyone else have to laugh at the description of the stateroom furniture. Don't get me wrong, we have been happy with our rooms before but those just aren't the words that I can match up to the bed, desk or couch.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

"Generous room?" Compared to what? Yes, I do realize that DCL cabins in 1998 were significantly larger than other lines, but generous doesn't cut it. I just traveled with a friend in a wheelchair--THAT was a generous room! DItto for couch, desk.

Sounds like this is going to seriously complicate things.....inside single vs. double bath, window, balcony is easy (yes, I understand the fine points of cat 7 and 4.) Going to a lot more categories sounds like a major pain.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
DeannaMKB
Mouseketeer
 
DeannaMKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Milestone, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 309

Thanks, MJ! I will have a look at that link...I couldn't find anything on the DCL site but I mustn't have been in the right spot. Oh, I hope this doesn't confuse me more than I already am!!!
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DD(7)
DL 1977, DL 1988, DL 2007, WDW 2009, DL 2009, WDW & DCL Dream 2011, DL & DCL Wonder 2012, WDW & DCL Fantasy 2013, AKV 2013

DeannaMKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #10
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"
 
"Got Disney"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SanDiego,Ca.
Posts: 12,976

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Oh good grief!!! Talk about making life more difficult on the 21st & 28th. I guess I am just going to have to request a certain room and find out what cat it is going to be. Does anyone else have to laugh at the description of the stateroom furniture. Don't get me wrong, we have been happy with our rooms before but those just aren't the words that I can match up to the bed, desk or couch.

I agree. This will hold up the lines even more. And cause the computer to be delayed getting on or booted off. Not to mention how confussed the TA's will be and the DCL people booking the cruises. I know what rooms I want. Just have no idea what they will be called. Why change this anyway. Why not just have the new ships go along with the old program that works.

Hope I get the right cabins. I will book CAT 6 cabins and when boarding find that I am at the bottom of the ship

There reasoning will be...OH were very sorry but you were given the wrong information and we are all filled up so you will have to take those rooms. Just my luck
__________________
Robin There will be no crisis this week....my schedule is full !Hellooooo is anyone out there Arrrrrrr .....[SIZE=3]

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
DeannaMKB
Mouseketeer
 
DeannaMKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Milestone, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 309

I hope they come up with some deck plans ahead of time. How are we supposed to know how these categories vary (ex. by deck or by front/mid/rear ship)? I thought I had everything figured out!
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DD(7)
DL 1977, DL 1988, DL 2007, WDW 2009, DL 2009, WDW & DCL Dream 2011, DL & DCL Wonder 2012, WDW & DCL Fantasy 2013, AKV 2013

DeannaMKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
"Generous room?" Compared to what? Yes, I do realize that DCL cabins in 1998 were significantly larger than other lines, but generous doesn't cut it. I just traveled with a friend in a wheelchair--THAT was a generous room! DItto for couch, desk.

Sounds like this is going to seriously complicate things.....inside single vs. double bath, window, balcony is easy (yes, I understand the fine points of cat 7 and 4.) Going to a lot more categories sounds like a major pain.
Hey you can fit a bed in the closet of those aft HA rooms!

I am wondering if the SPHs are going to be moved back to cat 8s with a different number.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
If you go the DCL site under STATEROOMS they have a blurb about what the new classifications will be...here is an example on the Cat 4 Family Suites.

Changes Effective 2011: For cruises sailing in 2011, Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Verandahs will be reclassified into 3 new categories: 4A, 4B or 4E. These room categories are all on Deck 8, the highest passenger deck, and located either mid-ship or forward

A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah features the pleasant comforts of home. Stretch out in a seating area to watch TV and first-run movies from a comfortable couch, or settle down for an evening of quality family time. When the day is done, nestle into plush beds for restful nights on the high seas.

The seating and sleeping areas can be separated with a heavy privacy curtain for greater intimacy, and the entire space is decked from ceiling to floor in charming nautical touches. You also enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a luxurious tub and separate sinks that allow for 2 people to use the space at the same time.


I bolded the new classification. They do that with each category so you can look up the category you want and the website should tell you what the new classificatoin is.

Here is a link...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...with-verandah/

MJ
What about the aft Cat 4s? It doesn't mention aft as a location, so will those be a new category?
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
disfaninca
DIS Veteran
 
disfaninca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,231

I think the cats are going to be determined by where on the ship they are.....front/mid/aft. The mid being the higher of each cat. I guess we'll find out soon.
__________________
CANDY
DL Lots of times
WDW August 23-30, 2009 Boardwalk, August 2011 Saratoga Springs
DCL Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder EBPC 9/14/13
RCI Viking Serenade 4/19/96, Monarch 10/5/07, Monarch 3/14/08, Freedom 10/10/10 Eastern, Oasis 10/13/12 Western, Jewel 10/5/13 Southern
PCL Caribbean Princess 5/1/11 San Juan to NYC
disfaninca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
What about the aft Cat 4s? It doesn't mention aft as a location, so will those be a new category?
I notice that as well....not sure if they forgot to add "aft" in the description or it means the aft cabins will be a different category. I didn't look at all the category descriptions yet......does it mention "aft" locations for Cats 6 & 5?

My gut feeling is all the "solid wall verandah" cabins that are aft on passenger decks will be their own category...maybe not one whole categegory but a sub category of the main category that they are now.

Next week I am in 6150 (which has the solid white wall railing) which is technically a Cat 6, but under the new classification may be A, B, or C sub category of 6.

MJ
__________________
31 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/19/09 Western Magic pfishgirl Disney Cruise Meets 3282 02-06-2010 12:59 AM
♥ ♥ A Wish Granted - One Magical Morning ♥ Photopass PICS! ♥ 10/12 maroo Completed Trip Reports 337 10-28-2009 10:25 PM
WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remember the Magic Pt 14 Tink rules Disney Cruise Meets 3748 10-09-2009 11:49 PM
Anybody else's DH NOT part of the planning? My2QTs Disney Restaurants 106 09-17-2009 12:20 PM
Does Touring Plans really help??? WDWCPAlumni Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 14 09-14-2009 12:21 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.