Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Obsession with "the ball" HA HA!

From the Polynesian we grabbed the monorail to get our park day started at our most favorite park

EPCOT!!! Neither one of us can ever get enough of Epcot and you will find us here several times throughout the trip. Candi always laughs at me when i plan out park days at home before the trip because he knows we will always end up here more than anywhere else

Upon entering the park I attempted to capture as many pictures of "the ball" as possible while still walking. Candi was not slowing down - he was on a mission for some fastpasses. To where you might ask?

Ok, ok ... you probably weren't asking where. I mean, really, where else does everybody run off to for fastpasses at Epcot

I allowed Candi the joy of obtaining passes while I took the opportunity to take another 5 billion pictures - I am slightly obsessed if you couldn't tell

I love the ceilings here - it's like you can look up and find peace amongst all the chaos going on around you!

With passes in hand we decided to head over to do the land boat ride, but alas, it was closed. I was a little sad, I remember riding it when I came the first time and I truly loved it. I constantly tell Candi about it and he is dying to ride it but each time we've been it's been closed .... so sad!

Since that was no longer an option we decided to head over the the Seas pavilion and check out everything it has to offer.

Oh look, you can see the ball from this angle

Once we got inside the pavilion we actually spent a long time just looking at all the aquariums - something we rushed through last trip.

Of course we had to stop and say hi to Nemo!

I absolutely love seahorses - they are such interesting creatures to me.

Now I have a confession that most people don't know .... Although I think jellyfish are one of the most beautiful and graceful creatures in the world they are also one of my biggest fears. Whenever we go to the ocean I am never afraid of sharks but I secretly freak out the ENTIRE time that I am going to stung by a jelly fish. Sometimes I even have nightmares about it

This little guy was super interesting to me. He is a cuttlefish and i learned that he has 3 hearts!!!

Starfish - another of my favorite sea creatures!

Oh no - did you get lost again Dory?

Candi also ensured that we went to check out the stingrays - they are quite possibly his favorite animal. We've even gone to snorkel with them which Candi loved and kind of freaked me out

I think we spent almost 2 hours looking around all the different aquariums. In that time we didn't go ride Nemo or talk with Crush, we just walked around enjoying our surroundings.

Last edited by ariel1025; 01-23-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #62
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

While looking around the aquariums we realized that it was already time for our lunch reservation. Luckily we didn't have to go far because lunch was at

We hardly waited at all before we were seated on the first level after the floor seating. Although we had been hoping for a window seat we still had a good view of the aquarium - which of course was a big reason for making a reservation here!

He hung out in this spot for almost the entire time we enjoyed our lunch!

Our waiter came by quickly to get our drink orders and pointed out that the smoothies were included on the meal plan.

Candi had iced tea to drink ($2.29) and I had a Lava Smoothie ($4.29) with water (free)

Smoothie = SUPER DUPER YUMMY!!!! It's basically a strawberry pina colada without the alcohol which is perfect in my opinion as me and alcohol = bad bad times

Matt (our server) returned about five minutes later to check on us and bring out the bread and let us know that the appetizers would be out shortly. He was an excellent server – he never left us alone for too long but didn’t linger or bother too much either – perfect service!!

As promised our appetizers arrived within a few minutes of Matt refilling our drinks.

Candi had the shrimp and lobster cakes - $11.49

Candi said there was a good amount of seafood in the cakes and he enjoyed them but he prefers crab cakes over these

I had the corn chowder for my appetizer - $6.99

I had only had corn chowder for the first time the previous Christmas and it is now one of my most favorite things to eat. This one was quite a bit runnier than most I'd had previously and also sweeter (it had coconut milk in it), but it was still good and I had no problems finishing it!

For my main entree I had the apricot glazed short ribs - $24.99

These were really good and I LOVED the apricot glaze. The sides however didn't really rock my world - the potatos were overly buttery and the snap peas were undercooked.

Candi got a little brave and ordered the mahi mahi - $20.99

The reason I say that he was brave is that we both have had mahi mahi before and neither one of us cared for it. But, the waiter declared it the best meal on the menu and Candi decided to take his word for it. Sadly, he was disappointed with this fish once again He did, however, enjoy the bok choy which is another thing we have only be introduced to recently.

After our meal we of course still had dessert to go and when our waiter brought it out he also brought us champagne to enjoy for our anniversary.

Today was definitely shaking up to be better than the previous night as far as meals go. We were now two for two with great service and congrats on our Anniversary - and just in case you're wondering I don't consider the service great for that reason only

For dessert Candi had the butterscotch creme brulee - $7.99

It was lacking as far as the butterscotch flavoring but was good otherwise.

I had the infamous chocolate wave - $7.99

Although I enjoyed it I didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary

Overall, we thought the atmosphere was slightly overrated - maybe because we just spent 2 hours looking at the awesome aquariums in the Seas pavillion The food was a little split down the middle for us - I enjoyed most of my meal but Candi wasn't too fond of his - more than likely we won't be back.

After lunch Candi had to try to adjust his shoes - his feet were majorly bothering him and we still didn't have any other ones for him to change into. I asked him if he wanted to go back to the hotel and rest for a while but he said no so we headed over to the Imagination Pavilion.

One of our biggest goals this trip was to go into the area where you can be a music "conductor." Some of our friends had been telling us about it and since Candi is a musician on many levels he declared this a "must do" on the trip.

We didn't really know exactly where it was so we decided to grab a ride on Figment while we looked for it

This was definitely a smart choice because after exiting the ride look at what we found!!!!!!

Candi was beyond thrilled and had so much fun playing around here!

Once he had his fill he promised me I could choose anything I wanted for our next adventure....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #63
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Still enjoying your TR, thanks for the update. By the way, I love that ball too. Actually, I love all the big icons (castle, ball and the tree) except for the hat at DHS. I just don't think it belongs.

Keep it coming!
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #64
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Great update.
I hope Candi finds crocs soon.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #65
The 4 "Quay"balleros
DIS Veteran

Great report- We've been fallowing this and the dining thread for a while(We just joined). My family and I enjoy reading your posts and we're waiting for updates!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #66
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Still enjoying your TR, thanks for the update. By the way, I love that ball too. Actually, I love all the big icons (castle, ball and the tree) except for the hat at DHS. I just don't think it belongs.

Keep it coming!
Thank you for continuing to follow along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Great update.
I hope Candi finds crocs soon.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4 "Quay"balleros View Post
Great report- We've been fallowing this and the dining thread for a while(We just joined). My family and I enjoy reading your posts and we're waiting for updates!
Thanks for joining! Sorry for making you wait so long
Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #67
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

It's all about the new .....

When we last left off, many moons ago, Candi was in a super good mood from playing music conductor and promised me we could do anything I wanted to do!

Now, I will admit, I was slightly mischievous about it, I knew he was meaning a ride or food. But, after turning the corner in the Imagination Pavilion, he knew he was regretting his words

I had the choice to do anything I wanted and I wanted to take pictures. Remember, slightly obsessed here But, this wasn't any picture. It wasn't an icon picture or a photopass picture .... this was the most super, duper fun picture in the whole world. I'm not making this up - see for yourself ....

This picture currently sits on my desk at work and whenever I am feeling stressed or frustrated I look at it and my world feels a little bit better

After taking the picture we decided to head back to the Lodge for an afternoon nap. Candi's feet were really starting to hurt him and we still hadn't been able to find any Crocs in his size. Of course, this wasn't a mad rush off to nap and we took our time making our way out of Epcot.

Oh, look at that, you can see "the ball" from over here too

We both love all the fountains in this area ... especially how excited all the kids get with them!

While strolling around we stumbled upon Club Cool and were super excited about it. This was something else we had placed on our "must do" list but forgot about it until we accidentally found it!

My favorite was definitely the one from China, but Candi was partial to the one from Germany.

This was seriously like his fourth cup of the one from Germany. Now, I wasn't mean enough to make him try the Beverly. Ok, I'm mean enough, but I didn't know how to persuade him without laughing and letting him know something was up So, I left it alone and told him that I would check and see if they sold bottles of the different types of drinks. Sadly I did not see them .... I think this would be a great idea though!

When I came back to deliver the bad news I saw Candi filling up his little cup with the infamous Italian Soda ----- he was drinking Beverly on his own free will ....

: lmao:

When he saw me laughing he tried to get mad because he realized I knew it was a bad idea. But, all he could do was crack up laughing. After that we each took a cup of our favorite to go and continued our journey to the front gates.

Hey - haven't seen that in at least 3 pictures

After I took the picture Candi noticed a Photopass guy and offered to take some more pictures. I think he was finally getting into the spirit of "getting our money's worth"

We also had to stop and watch the dancing fountains; it still amazes us how they are able to time it all so well. We could truly sit around watching them for hours.

After the fountains we had finally made it to the entrance - only 2 hours had passed since we agreed to go take a nap However, right before we left Candi remembered that there was a camera strap I had wanted to buy last year and we forgot all about it. I was shocked he had remembered because I hadn't said anything about it in over a year. But, the next thing I knew he was leading me into the photo store by the front gates to buy my strap.

To this day, it is my favorite souvenir EVER!!!

After that we actually did leave the park and head back to Wilderness Lodge. The plan was to take a nap and then come back and work our way through World Showcase - starting in Mexico and stopping in Japan for dinner - allowing enough time for me to do the "pick a pearl" thing in the before our dinner reservation.......
Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #68
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Glad you are back with a update. That souvenir is so cool. I love it. I was mean enough to let my DH try Beverly. It was hard to do with a straight face though.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #69
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I just found your TR now. I've enjoyed reading it. We fell in love with the WL on our last trip. It was sooo nice! You've made me jealous with your DVC points!

Your pictures are wonderful! Were in EPCOT did you make that hysterical flying photo! I've never seen anything like it! Cute!!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #70
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Found your TR and read all your installments! Loving it

That picture of you and Candi flying over the castle is great! Where was that taken exactly? How much did it cost? That's definitely much more fun to have than just a regular ol' posed pic in front of the castle!

I'm definitely going to show that camera strap to DBF! He will probably want a Mickey camera strap, maybe not so bright though. Were there other ones there?

Looking forward to more!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #71
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3

Just found you TR and I love it . I have to know, where did you take the picture "flying" over the world ? I have read MANY TR's and have never seen this. It is awesome . Do you mind sharing?

Karen

A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 9
Old 02-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #72
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

I love your trip report! DH and I also try to go back to WDW for our anniversaries - we honeymooned in 2002 at WL and fell in love with the resort. Nothing else matches that feeling, no matter how much I like staying at the Grand, the WL will always be "home."

Waiting (im)patiently for your next update....

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #73
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I was reading your dining reviews and decided to hop over and read your Trip Report!! I love it and all your detail. I am writing one form our trip and I am just not good at it!! Do you write things down on your trip or do you just have a great memory!!??

I love all your pictures and all your good comments about WL! We were at the Poly and didn't love it like I thought I would and had lunch at WC on our last day and did fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge and booked it THAT DAY for our next trip!!!!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #74
yourMaire83
SPA MARIE

I can't believe you got such a good picture of that jellyfish! I tried forever and couldn't get a good one. Also, that turtle that was watching you eat lunch is too cute!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #75
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Glad you are back with a update. That souvenir is so cool. I love it. I was mean enough to let my DH try Beverly. It was hard to do with a straight face though.
Thank you! The only reason that he didn't see me laughing at first is because I was around the corner when I saw him fill up the cup. He so badly wanted to be mad at me for not stopping him from drinking it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I just found your TR now. I've enjoyed reading it. We fell in love with the WL on our last trip. It was sooo nice! You've made me jealous with your DVC points!

Your pictures are wonderful! Were in EPCOT did you make that hysterical flying photo! I've never seen anything like it! Cute!!
Thanks for joining The picture was taken in the gift shop in the imagination pavilion. We just happened to stumble upon it after exiting the Figment ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Found your TR and read all your installments! Loving it

That picture of you and Candi flying over the castle is great! Where was that taken exactly? How much did it cost? That's definitely much more fun to have than just a regular ol' posed pic in front of the castle!

I'm definitely going to show that camera strap to DBF! He will probably want a Mickey camera strap, maybe not so bright though. Were there other ones there?

Looking forward to more!
Thanks for reading!!!

The picture was taken in the gift shop at the Imagination Pavilion. The one you enter after exiting the Figment ride, but I'm sure you can enter it from outside as well I believe it was $15.00 or so, I will be digging up my receipts and posting prices of everything when I do the installment of the end of each day

The only strap I saw was the red one, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for a different color

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmakatbaby View Post
Just found you TR and I love it . I have to know, where did you take the picture "flying" over the world ? I have read MANY TR's and have never seen this. It is awesome . Do you mind sharing?

Karen
Thank you so much I had never seen a picture like that before either and absolutely fell in love with the idea. They had other ones you could do as well, but we liked this one the best. It was taken in the gift shop after you exit the Figment ride in the Imagination Pavilion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
I love your trip report! DH and I also try to go back to WDW for our anniversaries - we honeymooned in 2002 at WL and fell in love with the resort. Nothing else matches that feeling, no matter how much I like staying at the Grand, the WL will always be "home."

Waiting (im)patiently for your next update....
Thank you very much! We are staying at the Beach Club for a couple of days before our cruise this year for our anniversary. I'm sure I will like it, but am worried I will miss WL

Hoping to get an update up today

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I was reading your dining reviews and decided to hop over and read your Trip Report!! I love it and all your detail. I am writing one form our trip and I am just not good at it!! Do you write things down on your trip or do you just have a great memory!!??

I love all your pictures and all your good comments about WL! We were at the Poly and didn't love it like I thought I would and had lunch at WC on our last day and did fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge and booked it THAT DAY for our next trip!!!!
Thanks so much for reading both Thank you for the kind comments as well. To be honest, I don't make any notes except on the food. At each restaurant I made a few small notes on the receipts but that was it. My memory is awful with everything except for Disney

I can't wait to hear how much you like WL - as pretty as I think the Poly is I've never been enticed to stay there. Maybe it's just because of the price If I remember correctly WL is the least expensive of the deluxe hotels, but (in my opinion) is so much more beautiful and peaceful

Going to check out your TR today - I'm sure it is MUCH better than you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourMaire83 View Post
I can't believe you got such a good picture of that jellyfish! I tried forever and couldn't get a good one. Also, that turtle that was watching you eat lunch is too cute!
Thanks for reading! Trust me, I can't take any credit for that jellyfish - it was all in the camera For our anniversary last year Candi bought me a new camera and it does so many amazing things - it's almost a year later and I'm still learning new things with it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: