Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #31
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
love the lady who made your DH smile...he has a great smile! The morning looks absolutely beautiful....Your walk to the boats looks very welcoming and peaceful. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
Aren't the people at Disney just fabulous Thanks for the compliment on DHs smile - I love it too - he is self conscious because he still has two baby teeth and thinks you can tell The walk to the boats was my favorite part of the morning
Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #32
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Honey!! It's not nice to stare!

After beginning to fill up our photopass CD we headed off to the castle for breakfast.

From any angle - it's just absolutely breathtaking!

I'm sure, by now, you've already figured out that we were eating at

We got a last minute reservation here on our honeymoon for our first park day - many thanks to the concierge level staff at Wilderness Lodge!!! - and declared that it would be tradition from now on! We both spent the last year craving the cream cheese stuffed french toast and couldn't wait to get our eat on!

While waiting in line for our picture with Cinderella I found these little guys

and I was beyond excited!!

At this point they also did a really cute opening ceremony for the first family to be seated for the day. There were two little girls with their parents and they were so happy and excited - you could tell it made their day!

Immediately after the ceremony it was our turn to take our picture

I was much happier with our picture this year than last year and I LOVE how it's included in the price of the breakfast - even when you do the dining plan The photo package comes with an 8x10 of the castle and an 8x10 of the photo as well as 4 4x6 images of the same photo. The photographer took 3 or 4 images and since I bought the photopass CD I was able to view these images as well. In this case they all looked the same but I saw them doing several poses with smaller kids and larger families.

After our picture we were led up the staircase to breakfast and brought to our table. We were, once again, lucky enough to receive a window seat and I was back in my own little heaven. It was completely surreal to be sitting inside the castle eating breakfast while overlooking Magic Kingdom slowly start to "wake up" and start the day.

I have to admit, that I almost didn't enjoy being one of the first seated for breakfast - it seemed like everyone was still trying to wake up and didn't feel quite as magical as it did when the restaurant was full of people and energy However, the food was just as good as before.

All the fruit was fresh and juicy - exactly how we like it.

We both just kind of nibbled on the different pastry offerings - the OJ in the background was super yummy though and tasted fresh.

Mmmm, yummy, hot, bad for you, goodness on a plate. Of course, the french toast was my favorite part with a close second being the potatoes!

While enjoying breakfast the princesses started coming around. They do a little presentation of each one coming out - telling a piece of their story and then at the end all of them are out together roaming around the tables.

Snow White - and those are the two little girls that got to be the first seated - they were so cute and giddy with excitement!

Princess Aurora - she was friendly but you could tell she had a hard time with dialogue with adults - she spent much more time at tables with children. No biggie!

Princess Jasmine! She is one of my favorites! She was very friendly and talkative and I loved our interaction with her - almost the most.

It was sooo funny - because Candi couldn't stop staring at her and she noticed so she turned to him after our picture and said "I must get a picture with my admirer - just don't tell Aladdin"

This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip - he is trying so hard to act like this didn't make him happy

Lastly, was Belle and she is my absolute favorite! I even made Candi stand up to take the picture to try and get a better angle - still don't like the way I turned out - but the interaction was awesome. She stayed at our table for close to 5 minutes talking to us about all sorts of stuff and even told Candi he better shave or she might mistake him for the Beast

After Belle left the waiter - who was incredibly attentive the whole time - brought me a magic wand and a sword for Candi. Well, we decided to have a sword fight with these little items and before I knew it Belle came to my defense and joined in on our sword fight - I SOOOO wish I would have had my camera ready! We stayed for the wishing ceremony and then left so that another family could enjoy such an awesome table.

Bye, bye perfect view of the park - hopefully I will see you next year

After an amazing breakfast we decided we would head out and stop to ride whatever sounded good at the moment - no plans just lots of spur of the moment stuff - perfection

Our first stop was Peter Pan's Flight

This was a first for me and the first time Candi had ridden it at WDW. I thoroughly enjoyed it but honestly don't understand why it usually has lines so long it needs a fastpass

From there we just enjoyed the sites and we roamed around and decided what to do next

And then we ran into this guy

First character that ever made me feel like I needed to squat down so I didn't feel so tall and I'm only 5'

The line up for Donald was a little disorganized and a couple accidentally walked up ahead of us - we honestly didn't mind - but the photographer was very rude about it. We kept saying it was ok and we would go next but she basically yelled at them about their manners and I felt really bad. I told them not to worry and we didn't mind but I think it hurt their feelings and I hope it didn't ruin the rest of their day.

After hanging out with our favorite duck we decided to jump in line for our favorite ride ever.......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #33
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo!!!!

JUST GOT HUBBY TO AGREE TO A MEMORIAL WEEK TRIP FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY

DVC has already confirmed our one night studio stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo house for May 29. Now just waiting on confirmation for a 1BR at the same hotel for May 30-June 5!
:hu g:: hug::
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #34
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

I understand the photographers deal with line jumpers all the time, but if you were not worried about it and the family was apologetic, they should have just left it at that and moved on....sometimes I would think that it is less likely that people are meaning to be rude but just don't think or realize what they have done...and if the line was not organized to begin with, well

Your CT pictures are great. I love that you had great character interation. I am hoping that we will have lots of charater interation at our Princess storybook breakfast in january...our reservation is for 8:30am on our very first park day. My DD is soooooo very excited about it! DS not so much, but when you are a 6 yr old boy the princess are just not that exciting I guess...although he was very interested in watching Xena last night and couldn't explain to me why it was such a good show

Yay! you are going in again! I am so happy for you!

Tosh

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #35
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand the photographers deal with line jumpers all the time, but if you were not worried about it and the family was apologetic, they should have just left it at that and moved on....sometimes I would think that it is less likely that people are meaning to be rude but just don't think or realize what they have done...and if the line was not organized to begin with, well

Your CT pictures are great. I love that you had great character interation. I am hoping that we will have lots of charater interation at our Princess storybook breakfast in january...our reservation is for 8:30am on our very first park day. My DD is soooooo very excited about it! DS not so much, but when you are a 6 yr old boy the princess are just not that exciting I guess...although he was very interested in watching Xena last night and couldn't explain to me why it was such a good show

Yay! you are going in again! I am so happy for you!

Tosh
I can understand where they have constant line cutters as well, but I felt the CM was a lot more rude than was necessary - especially since we stated that it wasn't a big deal. Oh well - by gones!

I will cross my fingers that you get awesome interaction at your Princess breakfast next month. Are you doing the one at MK or Epcot? It is so perfect to be able to do it on your first park day - I hope this is something we can always do

Thanks for the banana dance
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Zero Crowds = Millions of Smiles!

After stopping to get a photo op with Donald we decided to head over to our favorite ride in all of the world

I actually got to ride this for the first time last year and I fell absolutely in love - it is by far my favorite ride and I make it a point to ride it over and over again!

The wait time was listed at 15 minutes but we didn't even have to wait - by the time we walked through the que area there was a log already waiting for us. Score!!

This is my favorite scene in the ride

Such a smart lil rabbit!

Ahhhh - love it from start to finish!!

And I am the person that takes a picture of the screen with our picture on it. I was already shelling out cash for the Photopass CD so I refuse to buy a picture that has a group of strangers in it with me

Even though it doesn't scare us we still think it makes the ride more fun to scream!!

After conquering splash mountain we decided to try our luck with another

This is my favorite nighttime ride and it's another one I just can't get enough of!

The wait time here was also posted at 15 minutes but once we walked through we saw this pulling up

And we didn't even have to wait to get a seat in the back - our favorite. SCORE AGAIN!!

This round of Thunder Mountain was a little scarier than most - I wasn't paying attention and when it went to whip around a corner I almost flew out Ok, I probably didn't really "almost fly out" but it sure felt like it - enough so that Candi grabbed my leg and pushed me down! Who says WDW doesn't have scary rides

Candi stopped to tie his shoe for the hundredth time and sadly this wouldn't be the biggest pain caused by forgetting his other pair of shoes. While he did that I took this picture

I honestly can never get over Disney's attention to detail. Every time I'm in an area of a park I always forget what the rest of the park looks like.

We decided that we were done with Frontierland for the moment and walked over to another favorite - yep, we have a lot of favorites

Since we had recently been to Disneyland we decided to try and pay careful attention to all the differences. Well, we didn't have to wait long because we got to walk directly into the stretching room. SCORE TIMES THREE!!

Some of the most obvious differneces are in the area you walk through after the stretching room - I must say that DL has WDW beat on that portion However, the ride itself is SO much better at WDW!!

I reminded Candi when we walked past here on the way out that we HAD to come back and take the special image picture during the Halloween party.

After grabbing our ghostly pal we decided to take him with us to ride

I can never leave this ride without singing this line over and over and over again! Candi was in a super great mood and he even started to sing along with me as we walked through what was, yet another, non-existent line. We couldn't believe our luck with the crowds this day. At this point Candi decided I was a big storyteller when I told him that we waited over 45 minutes for most rides when I came with my parents

I haven't mastered taking dark pictures without a flash yet but I tried my hardest to get my two favorite scenes

This scene cracks me up every time!!!

Do I really need to explain why this is one of my favorite scenes???

After Pirates we decided to form some sort of a game plan. We had lunch reservations at the Plaza at 2 but it was only 10:30 and we had already knocked out 5 of the rides that usually have long lines.

So what did we do???
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
acejka
DIS Veteran

YAY for another set of Chiefs fans! My DH is a diehard Chiefs fan, he's from KC.

I love yout TR, and I'm especially fond of the money rundown at the end of the night

Your wedding pictures are beautiful!

And tell DH not to be so shy about smiling, from one person who still has a baby tooth to another... but really his smile is nice.

Splash is one of our faves too. I'm sad its going to be under refurb during our next trip
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #38
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

oh NO what happened to all the pictures?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejka View Post
YAY for another set of Chiefs fans! My DH is a diehard Chiefs fan, he's from KC.

I love yout TR, and I'm especially fond of the money rundown at the end of the night

Your wedding pictures are beautiful!

And tell DH not to be so shy about smiling, from one person who still has a baby tooth to another... but really his smile is nice.

Splash is one of our faves too. I'm sad its going to be under refurb during our next trip
GO CHIEFS If only they'd give us more to actually cheer about But I was born and raised in Kansas so I will cheer for them through the good, bad and ugly

Thank you for reading and for all the compliments

Quote:
oh NO what happened to all the pictures?
All fixed
Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #40
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Great pics!! i love splash mountain but last time we went it was closed for refurb. and apparently it will be again this year....that is such a bummer I sooo wanted my kids to do this ride. But just another reason to keep going back i guess.
i hope you decided to do something that you wouldn't normally have done with your extra time!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #41
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pics!! i love splash mountain but last time we went it was closed for refurb. and apparently it will be again this year....that is such a bummer I sooo wanted my kids to do this ride. But just another reason to keep going back i guess.
i hope you decided to do something that you wouldn't normally have done with your extra time!
What a major bummer about splash being under refurb for ya again

Let's just say half of what we did surprised me
Old 12-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #42
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

A sign of the grumps!

The last we left off Candi and I were standing around trying to come up with a game plan

We had gotten up really early so we were kind of tired, we ate a HUGE breakfast so we weren't hungry and we had ridden 5 awesome rides in less than 2 hours!! We knew that we had lunch reservations at 2:00 but Candi honestly didn't know if he could hold out that long. Not from being hungry, but because of how tired he was. Although we always try to get in a lot of rest the day before the trip it NEVER happens After discussing it a while we decided that we would try to hang around MK until our reservation and then I promised after lunch we could hang out in the room until he got bored or until it was time for dinner.

With that plan in mind we decided to head over to the Jungle Cruise and that's where we encountered our first line. I guess the rest of the world had finally woken up So I decided to snap pictures to wait out the line

I have a really strange addiction to taking pictures of flowers that are not common where I live - and that's basically anything not considered a cactus

I think we may have spent 10 minutes in line - still nothing to cry about!

Here's our boat pulling up - the blonde girl was our cruise captain

This scene cracks me up!

And this one never fails to make Candi laugh

All too soon our cruise came to an end - we had a good time - our captain was really funny and never missed a beat!

After that we decided to wander off to a different part of MK but not before stopping for a quick drink. It was starting to get really humid - I'm not joking when I say the humidity just kind of hit ya like a slap in the face!!

While Candi stopped at the snack cart I saw a lonely Photopass photographer and so I drug Candi over

As you can tell Candi was not too thrilled with more pictures of himself being taken Plus he was mad because he tried to drink and walk at the same time and spilled Sprite all over himself <-- yes, I was mean enough to laugh at him about it

I love the angle of the castle in this picture - but I wish we would have looked up the pictures on our laptop and known to come back and re-do this shot. I'm sad that you can barely see Candi's face because it's so shadowed - oh well, you get some bad with the good right?

After I was satisfied with the amount of pictures taken - don't worry there wasn't anybody else waiting - we headed over to Candi's favorite land

Our first mission was to capture Stitch

I know a lot of people really dislike this ride but we love it!! I was able to ride it when it was the Alien ride and I think this is much more MK appropriate. Even though lots of people think they should bring it back I think if they did it should go into Hollywood Studios instead. Just my opinion

Anywhooooo - Stitch managed to escape and didn't even burp on us which made us super sad!! Well, actually he burped but the smell machine didn't work and yes we are so warped in the head that we were let down about it

Once we left the Stitch ride Candi did the unthinkable .... the unpredicatable ... the unimaginable ......

HE POINTED OUT A LONELY PHOTOPASS PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he felt so bad about being a grump on the last one that he promised himself to point out the next one he saw to me before I saw him/her

I absolutely adore this picture - it is one of my favorite character pictures - and he even got Candi to pose so Buzz is a hero in my books!!!

After meeting the main man himself it was only right that we go take a spin on his ride! Last year I focused a TON on accuracy and Candi kicked my butt - this year I was determined to shoot until my poor thumbs couldn't hit the trigger anymore.

So how did I do you ask?

I'm on the left!! Candi swears his laser was broken but I think he just doesn't want to admit to being beaten by his wife

Come on - look at that determination on my face - there was no way I was going to lose!!!!!!

After we left Buzz, Candi said he just really couldn't handle the heat anymore and asked if we could check-in early for our reservation ....
Old 12-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #43
Momof2princess
I want it all.....yesterday
Never had a Dole Whip or ridden Dumbo
To Poo or not to Poo is not the Question

Great TR

The one and only time I beat my DH at Buzz he claimed his was broken too! (yeah right)...LOL must be a guy thing.

Can't wait to read more!!!

Me DHDD(12)DD (9)
Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #44
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2princess View Post
Great TR

The one and only time I beat my DH at Buzz he claimed his was broken too! (yeah right)...LOL must be a guy thing.

Can't wait to read more!!!
Poor guys - they just don't know how to let go of their pride

Thanks for reading!!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #45
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Hope you and your families had a wonderful Holiday Season. Happy New Year!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: