Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #811
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Aquarium

Can someone tell me how far the aquarium is from Canada Place? Is it walkable?

TIA

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #812
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Aquarium

Can someone tell me how far the aquarium is from Canada Place? Is it walkable?

TIA
It's 2 miles away from Canada Place, according to Bing Maps
mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #813
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
I personally would go to Vancouver on Monday. The border crossing is notorious for delays.
The reports are that the Amtrak does a "prescreen" that keeps this delay from being bad. That's how we plan to travel there.

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #814
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack View Post
The reports are that the Amtrak does a "prescreen" that keeps this delay from being bad. That's how we plan to travel there.
Prescreen or no prescreen, in the United States, commercial rail traffic always has right of way over passenger rail traffic. Out of the 50 or so rail trips I have taken in the United States, fewer than 10 were on time, and, according to another poster, this particular trip is late 55% of the time. I love passenger rail, but not if I absolutely have to be somewhere by a certain time.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #815
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduvall View Post
All I know is I added one-way transfers to my reservation from port to Vancouver airport and was charged $25/person.
This is what my TA (Dreams Unlimited) quoted me as well. For transfers from the port to the airport (one way) through DCL.
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #816
cryssi
Kabocha
Looking for the scripty one
I want to experiment with fondant flowers
Long live the white walls!!
I need the extra oomph

Do you think DCL will do US Direct?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #817
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssi View Post
Do you think DCL will do US Direct?
I don't think so; they aren't on the list: http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/en...ctprocess.aspx
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #818
princess81499
Mouseketeer

Late flight after cruise - suggestions?

I posted this last summer after booking flights, but now that it is getting closer I thought my DISfriends might be able to help me out.

We are flying out around 11 PM after getting off the cruise. Since we will be in Vancouver for 5 days before the cruise and staying at the Pan Pacific, we won't need to do any sightseeing that day.

I think I am just looking for a hotel that would let us check in around noon and out around 8 PM. Enough to relax, maybe swim, and take a shower before heading to the airport. Should I look into airports at/near the hotel or in Vancouver itself? Any suggestions? TIA

[SIZE="2"]Panama Canal EB Repo 2008, Halloween 2009, Alaska 2011, NYC Canada 7/8/12, Bahamas 8/24/12, Fantasy 11/3/12, Magic 11/6/13
princess81499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #819
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess81499 View Post
I posted this last summer after booking flights, but now that it is getting closer I thought my DISfriends might be able to help me out.

We are flying out around 11 PM after getting off the cruise. Since we will be in Vancouver for 5 days before the cruise and staying at the Pan Pacific, we won't need to do any sightseeing that day.

I think I am just looking for a hotel that would let us check in around noon and out around 8 PM. Enough to relax, maybe swim, and take a shower before heading to the airport. Should I look into airports at/near the hotel or in Vancouver itself? Any suggestions? TIA
It's unlikely they will let you get a day pass, but the La Quinta Vancouver Airport usually has decent rates, and a small (but DEEP) indoor pool, and they will take you to the airport. It isn't usually very expensive.

Alternatively, this place has a great waterslide: http://www.sandmansignature.com/richmondlocation.html , but again, I think you'll have to pay the full nightly rate.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #820
mellers
DIS Veteran

Deal on Whale Watching

For those who are flying into Seattle--you'd have to rent a car to get there, but today's Groupon for Seattle is a 44% discount on a whale watching tour:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/mystic-...les_2011-01-07
Old 02-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #821
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess81499 View Post

I believe the Faimount Vancouver Airport Hotel which is located right in Vancouver Airport has day rates. Can you post if you get a rate from there please.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #822
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Clothes for kids in Alaska

I know many of you may already have something like this but those of us from sunny Florida don't have warm/stay dry clothing. I found these rain pants from Land's End.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.htm...rls+rain+pants

They are $24.50 and there is free shipping now. The code is:
Springprev and # 2335.

They have a nice elastic waist so you can pull them over a pair of jeans and the ankles have a zipper on them so you don't have to take off your shoes.
They are not lined but are a nice weight.

They have them for boys also.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #823
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
I know many of you may already have something like this but those of us from sunny Florida don't have warm/stay dry clothing. I found these rain pants from Land's End.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.htm...rls+rain+pants

They are $24.50 and there is free shipping now. The code is:
Springprev and # 2335.

They have a nice elastic waist so you can pull them over a pair of jeans and the ankles have a zipper on them so you don't have to take off your shoes.
They are not lined but are a nice weight.

They have them for boys also.

Thank you, Weedy!

Along with these rain pants I'm also looking at the Navigator fleece-lined raincoat for DS.

I got an email from Land's End this morning with a different coupon code -- Use STAYWARM (and PIN 4918) for 25% off outerwear, including rainwear. It expires tonight at 11:59pm central time.

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #824
richmo
DIS Veteran

For those visiting Seattle, also remember the Mariners may be in town during your stay.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #825
richmo
DIS Veteran

I originally posted this on a cruise meet page, but since many of you may be thinking of driving up from Seattle and parking in Vancouver, I'll repost it here, since it may be of interest:
We're flying into and out of SEA and, so far, it looks like its more economical to keep the car during the cruise rather than dropping it at YVR and renting another to go back to SEA, even with paying for parking in Vancouver.

As of now, we're staying the night before in the Days Inn near the airport. They don't have a "stay and park" option, but they recommended that instead of using parking near the cruise, that I park at YVR, then take the Skytrain back to Canada Place (to save a few bucks, I could even drop the family off at Canada Place, then drive myself to YVR and Skytrain it back). Anyway, the folks at the Days Inn advised me that I should keep an eye on the official YVR website, because they often run long term parking promotions. (For example at www.yvr.ca, there is a coupon posted now thru 7/31/11 for $10.96/day $66.96/week parking). Specifically, this coupon is at:
http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/PGT_docu...2011.sflb.ashx
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: