Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #751
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLInauguralXmas View Post
Prior to our DCL Alaskan cruise this summer, will be traveling cross country in a 31 foot motorhome. We are planning to arrive in Vancouver a few days before the cruise and would like to find a campground will electric, sewer, and water hook up. The only one that I can find is on Victoria Island. That would be very cool but not very accessible to the sites that we would like to visit while we are in Vancouver. I have rented a parking spot during the cruise so it would just be for a few days of camping. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Would this help? It seems to be the closest to Vancouver; it's just outside the city limits:

http://capilanorvpark.com/
mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #752
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Can anyone tell me if the La Qunita at Vancouver airport is a good option for a pre cruise stay? Is it in a safe area?

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015
Cruise # 14 - Fantasy - February 13, 2016 - Tortola

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #753
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay in Seattle that might offer airport Shuttle service or be closed to Amtrak for catching the train to Vancouver?

Thanks!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #754
stepknees
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay in Seattle that might offer airport Shuttle service or be closed to Amtrak for catching the train to Vancouver?

Thanks!
There are plenty of hotels around the airport that will offer shuttle service to the hotel. The issue will be that the airport and Amtrak stations are not near each other at all. You will likely have to choose a cab/limo/SuperShuttle for one part of the trip. The Silver Cloud (next to Safeco Field) is probably the closest hotel to the Amtrak station -- maybe 3 blocks to walk.

One thing you might want to check is if there are trains for Vancouver that depart from the Tukwila station (If there is a Vancouver train that originates in Portland rather than Seattle, it may stop there). This is a closer station to the airport, and with a little calling around, you might find a hotel that offers a shuttle to both the airport and the Tukwila amtrak station. (But also double check that Tukwila will accept checked baggage -- some smaller Amtrak stations do not).
stepknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #755
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepknees View Post
There are plenty of hotels around the airport that will offer shuttle service to the hotel. The issue will be that the airport and Amtrak stations are not near each other at all. You will likely have to choose a cab/limo/SuperShuttle for one part of the trip. The Silver Cloud (next to Safeco Field) is probably the closest hotel to the Amtrak station -- maybe 3 blocks to walk.

One thing you might want to check is if there are trains for Vancouver that depart from the Tukwila station (If there is a Vancouver train that originates in Portland rather than Seattle, it may stop there). This is a closer station to the airport, and with a little calling around, you might find a hotel that offers a shuttle to both the airport and the Tukwila amtrak station. (But also double check that Tukwila will accept checked baggage -- some smaller Amtrak stations do not).
Thanks for the suggestions!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #756
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
Can anyone tell me if the La Qunita at Vancouver airport is a good option for a pre cruise stay? Is it in a safe area?
It is a safe area. My family and I are staying at the Four Points Sheraton, less than half a block away, before our cruise. We've stayed there quite a lot--my husband's family lives in that area.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #757
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepknees View Post

No place I know of will offer shuttle service to both, but the Mayflower Park Hotel at Westlake Center is connected to Westlake Center, which is one of the endpoints of the Seattle Transit Tunnel. You can take the light rail to International District to catch Amtrak, or to the airport. You still may have to roll your luggage a block or so to Amtrak,so if you're trying to avoid luggage schlepping, this probably isn't your best bet.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #758
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellers View Post
It is a safe area. My family and I are staying at the Four Points Sheraton, less than half a block away, before our cruise. We've stayed there quite a lot--my husband's family lives in that area.
Thank you very much.

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015
Cruise # 14 - Fantasy - February 13, 2016 - Tortola

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #759
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

Capilano RV park is in a great location right across the Lions Gate bridge from downtown Vancouver.

Victoria is located on Vancouver Island a 1.5 hr/ approx $70 (with RV) ferry ride away.
there are great number of awesome campground on Vancouver Island - but that is alsmost a seperate vacation in itself.

There are also many many campgrounds on the outskirts of Vancouver in the *Fraser Valley* area

http://www.camping.bc.ca/
Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #760
disney_guest
Earning My Ears

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown? Also, is it close to the port and other attractions. I am debating on a rental as I will be in two days before the cruise and wanted to see the aquarium, etc. Thanks.
disney_guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #761
DCLInauguralXmas
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thank you, Mellers and Tanyaewa! I can now check arranging for the campsite off my list!

1974 - 1985 X Mas at WDW - Fort Wilderness 1984 1st trip to DL - offsite, 1986 Honeymoon at WDW - offsite, 1990 back to DL - offsite, 1993 1st trip to WDW with kids age 2 and 1 - offsite, 1995 - WDW offsite
1998 - Inaugural Christmas Cruise on Magic - with all four kids youngest twins 10 mos old.
2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - X Mas at WDW - Port Orleans
2008 - 10 year celebration of our first DCL Xmas Cruise - 7 night western Magic
2010 - August off site, November All Star Movie
2011 - January Fort Wilderness Villa
2011 - Wonderful Alaskan Cruise Wonder in Roy Disney suite
2012 - New Y"Ears" Eve on the Fantasy
2013 - Christmas and New Years on Magic B2B2B
DCLInauguralXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #762
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
A few notes about the area:

You will be right next door to a large mall with a Zellers (it's just like a Target), and a Toys R Us. They also often have neat performances from the community--the local Chinese School did a performance when we were there one time. There is a nice, large food court that is a great place for inexpensive meals.

Next door to the mall is a SkyTrain station, Lansdowne Station. You can take it into Vancouver proper. Also, if you have a membership to your local science museum, you may be able to take your kids to Telus Science World (http://www.scienceworld.ca/) for free. If you want to know how to get somewhere on Vancouver public transit, go here: (http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/)

The La Quinta has a nice little pool, but it's DEEP! Make sure you stay with any children at the pool. It has a nice breakfast, too.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #763
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post

Thanks!
We are taking the Amtrak Cascades, and We have booked the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel (77 Yesler Way) for the night before .... I believe it is very close to the Amtrak station and has decent reviews.... I wonder if the Silver Cloud would be better/closer....
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #764
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
We are taking the Amtrak Cascades, and We have booked the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel (77 Yesler Way) for the night before .... I believe it is very close to the Amtrak station and has decent reviews.... I wonder if the Silver Cloud would be better/closer....
Pioneer Square is okay in the daytime, but I wouldn't be out with the kiddos after dark (of course, it won't get dark until past 9, so that's probably not too hard to do).
Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #765
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Where in Vancouver would be a good place to pick up a couple bottles of wine and maybe a bottle of Vodka before the cruise? We are staying at the Pan Pacific and will not have a car. Thanks!
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: