Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #2071
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

hotel

I've seen requests for info on hotels that can sleep more than 4. While this *can* be expensive, we once found a great deal through hotels.com for it...

It's connected to the Sutton, and it's called La Grande Residence Vancouver at The Sutton Place Hotel. I don't know if it's apartments or timeshares or what, but it's awesome. It's like being in an apartment, with a full kitchen and a dining room table and a living room, it's lovely. You also get housekeeping and shampoo and whatnot. You can use the Sutton pool (and the Sutton umbrellas if you need one, LOL), etc etc.

When we first stayed at the Sutton (with a great deal) we remember looking out of our hotel room at someone standing on a balcony on a building that looked like it was connected to the hotel. We were jealous. Then we figured out that it was La Grande Residence, and stayed there, and WE got to be the ones out on the balcony.

It's also fabulous to stay there, because you can look down and see if there's a huge line for Japadog.

It's also just a crosswalk away from the IGA grocery store for whatever you might need (except for alcohol! no beer, wine, or liquor at grocery stores!), and immediately downstairs is a wine (and a few beers) shop.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #2072
NWmom
DIS Veteran

buming as this port will be used in 2013 and this info is too great not to share
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #2073
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Does anyone has any idea on estimating the earliest departure time from Vancouver International Airport on Debarkation Day?

-February: Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder
-August: Disney World/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #2074
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Does anyone has any idea on estimating the earliest departure time from Vancouver International Airport on Debarkation Day?
I wouldn't plan on flying out before 12 p.m. from Vancouver or before 5 p.m. from Seattle. If you need transportation to the Vancouver airport, there's always Disney Transportation, or http://www.ridebooker.com/ if you have a large group. Somebody earlier posted a direct recommendation for a transportation company--you might want to check that out as well.

If you are planning to go to the Seattle or Bellingham airport, you can either rent a car or there is direct transportation available from the cruise terminal to Sea-Tac via QuickShuttle. Their check-in point is right next to Disney's transportation at Canada Place, with a MUCH shorter line--that is how we came home from the cruise last week. Their prices are quite reasonable.

They are also very good about last-minute changes--my husband had a bad blood-pressure episode on our last cruise , and we had to take him home right after the cruise to see his cardiologist, cutting out our planned post-cruise stay. We changed our QuickShuttle departure time to 9 a.m. on debarkation day, and our departure location to Canada Place via email the day before, figuring we would certainly be off the ship by then, but no such luck--there was a huge slowdown in unloading the cruise. By the time we were off the ship, the 9 a.m. bus had left, and it was well past 10 a.m. They quickly rebooked us on the 10:45 a.m. bus, and we were dropped off in downtown Seattle (the bus continues to Sea-Tac), home (across Lake Washington), and sitting in our comfy chairs by 3:30 p.m. They never charged us for any of the changes, even though we were originally scheduled to take the bus from the Westin Bayshore rather than Canada Place. They even made arrangements for my wheelchair. We were quite pleased. Kudos to the Westin Bayshore as well for cancelling our reservations online quickly, and the staff at the medical center for getting my husband's blood pressure under control so he could at least enjoy part of his cruise.

Hubby has clean bill of health from doc and is now fine.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #2075
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL
We had no trouble making our 12:00 PM flight from Vancouver International. We let DCL know our flight time, and they put us in one of the first groups to leave the ship (so we weren't able to eat breakfast at our assigned time). Our DCL bus to the airport left fairly quickly once we were off the ship.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #2076
TLPL
DIS Veteran

I guess a 11:15 flight from Vancouver will be cutting too close?
We are from Niagara Falls, so it will take like 4.5 hours + 3 hours different = we will get home really late. Flying home from Seattle will be an overnight flight.... that doesn't sound too good anymore.
Also, Air Canada VS Westjet which airline would you prefer?
Thanks for answering my questions.

-February: Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder
-August: Disney World/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #2077
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

here's a hotel to add to your list of Vancouver hotels.

It's within walking distance of Canada Place, but with luggage, you'll need to take a cab.

This is the nicest hotel in Vancouver in my opinion - it's a boutique hotel.

It has free breakfast, free wifi and free international telephone calls (a big plus for us).

It's called the St. Regis Hotel.

It's currently ranked #7 on trip advisor and won the 2012 Traveler's Choice award for best service (and indeed, their service is amazing).

Here's the website:

http://www.stregishotel.com/

Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #2078
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
I guess a 11:15 flight from Vancouver will be cutting too close?
We are from Niagara Falls, so it will take like 4.5 hours + 3 hours different = we will get home really late. Flying home from Seattle will be an overnight flight.... that doesn't sound too good anymore.
Also, Air Canada VS Westjet which airline would you prefer?
Thanks for answering my questions.
I wouldn't, but if you try, I'd suggest you walk off the ship with all your luggage at the earliest possible time, book it through customs and catch a taxi (if there are two of you) or arrange for a car (if there are more of you). I would also make sure you have travel insurance which covers a missed connection which is that tight.

There was a delay in deboarding on our last Alaska cruise, and I don't think you would make it if something similar happened to you.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #2079
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...dt/hoteldetail

Here is another hotel I found downtown for a family of 5..( or 6 )

HOLIDAY INN AND SUITES
1110 Howe street

Would love to hear any reviews from someone in Vancouver...
Reviews online were all favorable.

Pretty good rate( considering the area) using the entertainment card.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #2080
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
here's a hotel to add to your list of Vancouver hotels.

It's within walking distance of Canada Place, but with luggage, you'll need to take a cab.

This is the nicest hotel in Vancouver in my opinion - it's a boutique hotel.

It has free breakfast, free wifi and free international telephone calls (a big plus for us).

It's called the St. Regis Hotel.

It's currently ranked #7 on trip advisor and won the 2012 Traveler's Choice award for best service (and indeed, their service is amazing).

Here's the website:

http://www.stregishotel.com/

FYI,
This hotel is giving me a rate of $275 a night.... For 2adults .
That's pretty steep. In fact more then Pan pacific

Did you get a better rate closer to the date?

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #2081
emasmom
Earning My Ears

Subscribing to this post, thank you for starting this
Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #2082
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by son3disfan

FYI,
This hotel is giving me a rate of $275 a night.... For 2adults .
That's pretty steep. In fact more then Pan pacific

Did you get a better rate closer to the date?
It's not a cheap hotel but a very good one and includes free breakfast, free wifi and free international phone calls (which is great for us)
I think we paid $300/night, a bargain in comparison to WDW hotels. This is a truly deluxe hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #2083
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Anyone have a feel for whether it's better to rent a car for a 1 day trip to Victoria or take a tour?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #2084
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Anyone have a feel for whether it's better to rent a car for a 1 day trip to Victoria or take a tour?
If it were me, and I didn't know the area, I would take a tour. As I recall, there's one that will pick you up in Victoria and take you to the cruise terminal, and vice versa. You might try here: http://www.pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coac...er-to-Victoria.

If you're flying into/out of Seattle, you can book a trip on the Victoria Clipper which will take you from Seattle's waterfront to Victoria.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #2085
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
That depends on what you want to do. First, is this a port stop or will this be before or after the cruise and will you have to get there from Vancouver? Second, will you just stay in Victoria or will you want to explore more of Vancouver Island?

We rented a car in Vancouver and we took the ferry over to Victoria. It costs quite a bit more to take a car with you (but we had it for multiple days in Vancouver). It was very handy to have in the Victoria area, plus we drove up the eastern coast to Nanaimo. It's a very pretty drive.

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: