Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #76
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Wow! Lots of great info in this thread. It would be great if this was a sticky so it can be easily found.

Thanks so much for starting this - it will come in handy.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #77
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

I haven't been around to do much updating - sorry guys!

As for amtrak vs. quick shuttle - the quick shuttle is the easiest and most convienent - it will pick you up right outside the airport doors by baggage claim at both seatac and bellingham airports and drop you off right at the cruise port. No cabs to worry about, lugging your luggage around too much, etc...
It may cost a bit more but its worth it.
Also, there is a 50% off coupon available out there. I will add how to find this on the first post
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #78
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
I haven't been around to do much updating - sorry guys!

As for amtrak vs. quick shuttle - the quick shuttle is the easiest and most convienent - it will pick you up right outside the airport doors by baggage claim at both seatac and bellingham airports and drop you off right at the cruise port. No cabs to worry about, lugging your luggage around too much, etc...
It may cost a bit more but its worth it.
Also, there is a 50% off coupon available out there. I will add how to find this on the first post
The quick shuttle that you are mentioning will take you to the port in Vancouver?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #79
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
The quick shuttle that you are mentioning will take you to the port in Vancouver?
One thing to clarify - I know it's hard when you've never been to a place. Everything is fairly close in downtown Vancouver. The hotels/bus terminal/port/attractions. Most things are essentially a $10 or so cab ride away.

The bus may take you to the Port - but please don't try and do it on the day OF the cruise! There are just too many factors that could make you late for the cruise. The border/tunnel/airport/flights. Not worth it. Come in the day before.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #80
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
One thing to clarify - I know it's hard when you've never been to a place. Everything is fairly close in downtown Vancouver. The hotels/bus terminal/port/attractions. Most things are essentially a $10 or so cab ride away.

The bus may take you to the Port - but please don't try and do it on the day OF the cruise! There are just too many factors that could make you late for the cruise. The border/tunnel/airport/flights. Not worth it. Come in the day before.
So the quick shuttle is a bus? I was thinking it was another type of train service.

We plan on coming in a couple of days ahead to see some sights.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #81
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
So the quick shuttle is a bus? I was thinking it was another type of train service.

We plan on coming in a couple of days ahead to see some sights.
Yes, the shuttle is a bus.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #82
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

OK, I am confused,

Isn't Bellingham in Washington? If it is, the shuttle will take you over the border to Vancouver?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #83
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
OK, I am confused,

Isn't Bellingham in Washington? If it is, the shuttle will take you over the border to Vancouver?
Yes, the bus takes you over the border if you are flying in/out of seattle or bellingham to save money.

Best bet is to go to the link I put on the first post www.quickcoach.com and take a look.
During cruise ship season they pick up at the port.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #84
BLTOH
Earned my Ears Years ago just going for replacements ones now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
OK, I am confused,

Bellingham is in the upper northwest side of washington. it is the closest airport to the border to get to vancouver. Seattle is another one but it is farther south. We are planning on flying into bellingham over seattle and vancouver only cause it is cheaper in the long run for us.
2011 7/5/11 Alaska
2006 DCL Wonder
WDWnumerous times
2000 DCL Magic
1998 WDW Wedding

BLTOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #85
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Canada Place

Is Canada Place the cruise terminal? I am trying to figure out which hotel is the closest in to the ship. If we go in a couple days early I don't want to pay for transfers with DCL if I can walk across the street.

HG
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #86
pillow
DIS Veteran

It should also be noted that the price Disney is offering for pre-cruise nights at the Fairmont will possibly be higher than what you can book directly through the hotel yourself. I noticed that the Fairmont is offering a $269 per night rate for July, 2010. Who knows what prices will be in 2011, but I believe I read where Disney has already posted a price of $300+.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #87
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTOH View Post
oh ok was thinking you were saying from Virginia to seattle.. We are thinking same thing but was going to go into bellingham instead of seattle. although after checking prices for checked luggage price differences arent much into either airport now. if we could get a bedroom type suite on amtrak it would be way cheaper for the entire trip. good thing i have 2 yrs to plan this out
The Amtrak Cascades route does not have bedrooms, but the route between Seattle (or Bellingham) and Vancouver is so short you won't need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
Is Canada Place the cruise terminal? I am trying to figure out which hotel is the closest in to the ship. If we go in a couple days early I don't want to pay for transfers with DCL if I can walk across the street.
Yes, the cruise terminal is at Canada Place. And, unless Disney has very convenient transportation to and from the Seattle airport (which I doubt they will do) then Disney transfers are unnecessary. From Seattle or Vancouver, take a shuttle to Canada Place or the Vancouver airport. From Vancouver airport, take the Skytrain to Canada Place.

For those asking about flying into Bellingham, if you can get a good deal I say go for it - it's a beautiful airport and small enough that the TSA is usually very fast and very easy. If the price is a bit high, Seattle is still very convenient, but plan on at least three hours after baggage claim to get to Canada Place. With traffic or border waits it can easily take five hours. Bellingham or Seattle, there is no way I would fly in the day of the cruise.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #88
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
If the price is a bit high, Seattle is still very convenient, but plan on at least three hours after baggage claim to get to Canada Place. With traffic or border waits it can easily take five hours. Bellingham or Seattle, there is no way I would fly in the day of the cruise.
I'm forgetting where I've posted things, so I just want to say again that IF SOMEONE MISSES THE SHIP IN VANCOUVER, THEY WON'T BE ALLOWED TO BOARD IN ANY PORT! DCL said it has something to do with foreign port regulations. You better bet my butt will be there at least the day before!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #89
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
The Amtrak Cascades route does not have bedrooms, but the route between Seattle (or Bellingham) and Vancouver is so short you won't need one.

Yes, the cruise terminal is at Canada Place. And, unless Disney has very convenient transportation to and from the Seattle airport (which I doubt they will do) then Disney transfers are unnecessary. From Seattle or Vancouver, take a shuttle to Canada Place or the Vancouver airport. From Vancouver airport, take the Skytrain to Canada Place.

For those asking about flying into Bellingham, if you can get a good deal I say go for it - it's a beautiful airport and small enough that the TSA is usually very fast and very easy. If the price is a bit high, Seattle is still very convenient, but plan on at least three hours after baggage claim to get to Canada Place. With traffic or border waits it can easily take five hours. Bellingham or Seattle, there is no way I would fly in the day of the cruise.

I would totally agree, especially if you are flying into Seattle, do NOT go day of. In the AM traffic from the airport through Seattle on a weekday morning would not be fun, and you don't want to be late. Thinking about it, the Amtrak is a morning train, you would probably want to arrive in Seattle Sunday evening, Amtrak it Monday, cruise Tuesday. That is if you are flying into Seattle.

February 15-19, 2009 - Disneyland, DoubleTree Suites
June 12-17 2010 - Disneyland, Annabella Hotel TRIP REPORT
July 16-22 2013 - Disneyland, Annabella Hotel TRIP REPORT

mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #90
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

I don't know if this link is posted yet, but it has some good information for cruisers going to vancouver port .

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/ab...ndtourism.aspx

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: