Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #2341
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&Apriputin View Post
That's why we got a nav balcony... And loved every minute of it... Was room 7628 in 2012 and booked 7128 for 2014
I have 7128 booked for Aug. 25, 2014. Were you able to see everything from the Nav. Verandah? This is our first one - we normally get a regular verandah, but price was an issue this time. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #2342
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Unfortunately, while I got a great rate at the Pan Pacific for the night before our cruise, I didn't get a harbor view room.

Where is the best place to watch The Wonder come into port in the morning? Is there an observation deck that overlooks the harbor? TIA
I would say the best thing to do is to exit out of the hotel out the convention side of the hotel and walk towards Flying Over Canada. The farther down the dock you are at Canada Place the better to see her coming in.

Hope that helps.
Emily
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #2343
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
I would say the best thing to do is to exit out of the hotel out the convention side of the hotel and walk towards Flying Over Canada. The farther down the dock you are at Canada Place the better to see her coming in.

Hope that helps.
Emily
Thanks!
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2344
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
In case you don't feel like jockeying for position, the second the ship gets all the way in and starts heading out, everyone (almost) runs away to their room or whatever. You see just as much heading out as in, and its far less crowded.
Quote:
I think it can vary. Only one cruise ship is allowed in at a time, so it depends on other cruise lines itineraries, as well. If I recall, on my cruise (and it was two years ago), turn around time was somewhere around 3:30-4:00.
We were planning on getting chairs by the railing on Deck 10(if the weather is nice, might do Outlook Cafe if weather is bad) early in the morning and spending the day relaxing enjoying the sights and playing some cards. There will be 8 of us so we can take turns sitting by the rail as the day goes on.

Is this crazy and a waste of the day or is this what most people do?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #2345
Jrsy Boy
DIS Veteran
You can tell I'm married, because a lady tells me to do something and I just do it unquestioningly

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
I have 7128 booked for Aug. 25, 2014. Were you able to see everything from the Nav. Verandah? This is our first one - we normally get a regular verandah, but price was an issue this time. Thanks!
Jumping into the conversation here...we had 7124 back in July and saw a lot from our navigators verandah. On Tracy Arm day we spent half the day there just watching everything, including a seal sunning on a chunk of ice and a couple of bald eagles in a tree.
Jrsy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #2346
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

We were in 7128 this August and spent half Tracy Arm day watching from our verandah. The other half we spent on the not so secret deck 7, there was only a handful of other people there so not crowded at all.

Loved our navigator's verandah, will be booking one of these for another cruise.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #2347
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
We were in 7128 this August and spent half Tracy Arm day watching from our verandah. The other half we spent on the not so secret deck 7, there was only a handful of other people there so not crowded at all.

Loved our navigator's verandah, will be booking one of these for another cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsy Boy View Post
Jumping into the conversation here...we had 7124 back in July and saw a lot from our navigators verandah. On Tracy Arm day we spent half the day there just watching everything, including a seal sunning on a chunk of ice and a couple of bald eagles in a tree.
Thank you both very much! Now I'm glad we booked this room.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #2348
C&Apriputin
Earning My Ears

nav verandah

this was the only cruise I've ever been on, so no way for me to compare -- but I loved it... was out there at every time of day and night, in and out of ports... we didn't get to go up Tracy Arm (it was frozen in still on May 22 2012) but which ever we did go up and see was incredible... my only regret is not having enough sense to order coffee from room service (I forgot all about it) and running back and forth to the machines upstairs for more coffee!!

Allison

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #2349
ydrj
Mouseketeer

DCL transfers

Hi does anyone know about DCL transfers from the port to Vancouver airport - Are transfers offered for purchase?

I am at the planning stages and have booked my airfare, but now realize my flight back home is a red eye. I am tossing around with booking the DCL transfers so they will transport my luggage to the airport, then take a cab back to do a day of sightseeing with my family.

Does it matter that my flight is a red eye, I've heard airlines only accept luggage's 6 hours before a flight? If I book a DCL transfer it wouldn't impact me right?

Thanks all!
ydrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #2350
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Unlike Port Canaveral, using DCL transfers back to the airport does not include luggage service. You are correct that you can only check bags so many hours before your flight.

However, I have read, and you can google it, that there are luggage facilities available at the port where you can leave your luggage and then tour the city for the day before you take a taxi back to the airport to check in for your flight.

To clarify, DCL does not offer onboard airline check-in service in Vancouver. DCL will take luggage with you on the DCL bus to the airport.

Last edited by disneyfaninaz; 10-04-2013 at 12:09 AM.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #2351
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
We were planning on getting chairs by the railing on Deck 10(if the weather is nice, might do Outlook Cafe if weather is bad) early in the morning and spending the day relaxing enjoying the sights and playing some cards. There will be 8 of us so we can take turns sitting by the rail as the day goes on.

Thanks!
No, its not crazy. I was just suggesting that it can get a little insane with people grabbing chairs, etc. in the morning and that its not *really* necessary to do that, since you see the same going back. But, if its a nice day, that's a great way to spend the day. Just remember, even if its nice and warm, make sure to bring your jackets (or send someone back to get them) since the temperature can drop 20-30 degrees as you get further into the arm.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #2352
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post

Thanks!
Hi Leilani! I don't think this is crazy, especially if this is important to you. I had read prior to our cruise that people would be camped out pretty early but I knew we wouldn't last THAT long! We ended up checking out the sites after lunch so 12-1230ish and yes there were people out there already and had been there. We stayed more aft and clearly it was less crowded than being forward and to us, the sites are the same. On our sailing in June the CM's removed all the loungers and chairs AWAY from the railings therefore people couldn't block them from people who wanted to stand there. I had never heard this before our cruise so not sure they do that now or if they were just testing? It worked a lot better and people still had chairs by the railing but it appeared to be people who were handicapped, older, etc. We stayed out there for hours and waited until he made the turn and then went down to our Navigators Verandah and enjoyed the journey out. I do agree - once he makes the turn A LOT of people leave.

Have fun,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder, 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #2353
ydrj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Unlike Port Canaveral, using DCL transfers back to the airport does not include luggage service. You are correct that you can only check bags so many hours before your flight.

However, I have read, and you can google it, that there are luggage facilities available at the port where you can leave your luggage and then tour the city for the day before you take a taxi back to the airport to check in for your flight.
Wendy, thanks for your help!
BTW I enjoyed reading your 2011 Rockin' Canyon Tour - we did something very similar in 2010 except when you went to Page to do the Antelope Canyon we headed to Sedona - wow on how Antelope Canyon looks!
ydrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #2354
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
No, its not crazy. I was just suggesting that it can get a little insane with people grabbing chairs, etc. in the morning and that its not *really* necessary to do that, since you see the same going back. But, if its a nice day, that's a great way to spend the day. Just remember, even if its nice and warm, make sure to bring your jackets (or send someone back to get them) since the temperature can drop 20-30 degrees as you get further into the arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Hi Leilani! I don't think this is crazy, especially if this is important to you. I had read prior to our cruise that people would be camped out pretty early but I knew we wouldn't last THAT long! We ended up checking out the sites after lunch so 12-1230ish and yes there were people out there already and had been there. We stayed more aft and clearly it was less crowded than being forward and to us, the sites are the same. On our sailing in June the CM's removed all the loungers and chairs AWAY from the railings therefore people couldn't block them from people who wanted to stand there. I had never heard this before our cruise so not sure they do that now or if they were just testing? It worked a lot better and people still had chairs by the railing but it appeared to be people who were handicapped, older, etc. We stayed out there for hours and waited until he made the turn and then went down to our Navigators Verandah and enjoyed the journey out. I do agree - once he makes the turn A LOT of people leave.

Have fun,
Heather
Thanks for the info guys!!

Hi Heather!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #2355
luvmy2kids
Mouseketeer

bump

bump.... hoping for more info...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: