Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #1501
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Is there an address which we can use to send a box ahead to our stateroom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
I suggest emailing DCL to ask this question since you are dealing with an international package delivery. Haven't seen anyone mention mailing a box ahead of sailing.
We looked into this ourselves, bigAWL. Our pre-cruise hotel was willing to accept and hold it pending our arrival. I don't know if DCL has a receiving agent like they do in Port Canaveral.
But, when we contacted the major consumer shippers (FedEx, UPS), we were cautioned about the possibility of packages being held up in the Canadian Customs process. We originally thought sending items two weeks early would be sufficient, but they felt otherwise. The hotel (Coast Coal Harbour)said they would accept it "a few days" before our arrival, so we didn't want to cause a problem there. And international pricing was more expensive than we planned, so we will be checking bags on our flights. Hope that helps.
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #1502
dkmjgal
Mouseketeer

Also I think I read on another thread here that the Canadian Postal service is on strike...so that could cause even more problems.
2005 7 Day Western Cruise
2006 November - Cruised the Eastern with a bunch of Bananas
2010 August Disney Wonder from Key to Cay
2011 August ALASKA on the Wonder
2013-2014 Midnight Mouseketeers Fantasy NYE
dkmjgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #1503
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
We looked into this ourselves, bigAWL. Our pre-cruise hotel was willing to accept and hold it pending our arrival. I don't know if DCL has a receiving agent like they do in Port Canaveral.
But, when we contacted the major consumer shippers (FedEx, UPS), we were cautioned about the possibility of packages being held up in the Canadian Customs process. We originally thought sending items two weeks early would be sufficient, but they felt otherwise. The hotel (Coast Coal Harbour)said they would accept it "a few days" before our arrival, so we didn't want to cause a problem there. And international pricing was more expensive than we planned, so we will be checking bags on our flights. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. I actually did end up contacting DCL directly and this is the reply I got:

Quote:
I would be happy to assist with package delivery to the Disney Wonder in
Vancouver.

Packages and boxed gifts with a value of under $250.00 USD and less than
50 pounds can be delivered to the ship via TMS Anchor.

Items that cannot be shipped to TMS Anchor and delivered to the ship
include: food products (all and any food products including baby
food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals and luggage.
These items will not be accepted and will be returned.

For cruises leaving on Tuesday, packages must be received by Monday at
3:00pm.

The following information needs to be listed on the package being
delivered:
-Name
-Sail Date
-Ship
-Stateroom Number
-Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a
copy of the prescription is sufficient)

Here is the address:
Disney Wonder/Guest Name, Stateroom Number, Departure Date
C/O TSM Anchor
CS Level, 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6C 3E1

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Stephanie
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and
phone number on all correspondence.
As far as cost and customs delays goes, I haven't figured that out yet. I supposed from what is quoted above that they will hold things if they arrive early (if customs doesn't take such a long time). My problem is that I'm spending a few days with friends in Seattle before the cruise and then driving a rental car to Vancouver. Truck space will be very limited.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #1504
Perdita&Pongo
9-time DCL Cruiser and BWV DVC Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatchr View Post
How old are your daughters? Mine are 9 and 11....
Who'd a thunk it? Teriyaki, Vatchr and Perdita&Pongo all staying at Fairmont Pacific Rim pre-8/9 cruise and each has 2 DDs!! Mine are 8 and 14.
72-73-74-82-84, 6/93 GF concierge honeymoon, 6/99, 5/00 DxL, 9/00 Poly, 3/01 ASMo, 5/01 Wonder DizPins.com Cruise (BWV), 8/01 Pin Event (ASMu), 11/01 DIScon (BWV), 12/01 DTD Xmas Pin Event (OKW), 2/02 MK Princess Ball (OKW), 5/02 DCL Pin Cruise (ASMo-Wonder-AKL), 9/02 Pin Event (AS-S), 11/02 DCL Pin Cruise (AKL-Wonder), 2/04 MK This Is Love Event (Pop), 6/04 DLR (HoJo), 11/04 DCL Pin Cruise (Pop-Wonder-Pop), 8/05 DCL Magic CA to FL, 8/06 DCL Double Dip (RPR-Pop-Magic), 8/07 DCL 24nt Med/Repo B2B, 8/08 BCV-AKL, 8/09 BWV-PBH, 8/11 DCL Wonder Alaska, 12/12 RPR-BWV, 07/13 BWV
Perdita&Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #1505
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Air Canada may strike

Just got this email and thought I'd post it for others:

At Air Canada, in the event of a strike, we are fully committed to taking care of our customers.

Dear customer,

We are committed to averting a strike and are hard at work to reach a settlement with the Canadian Auto Workers (CAW), the union representing Air Canada's call centre and airport customer service agents in Canada.

What will happen if a strike occurs?

Rest assured that we will continue to operate our regular schedule. Existing bookings will be honoured and future bookings welcomed. We are also implementing a contingency service plan to minimize impact to our customers in the event of a strike.

Use our self-service tools

Our call centres are currently experiencing call volumes that are higher than normal. To avoid unnecessary wait time, please visit aircanada.com or contact your travel agent, to manage or book your flights.
We strongly encourage you to check-in within 24 hours of flight departure, online at aircanada.com or on a mobile device at mobile.aircanada.com
Flight updates are also available at aircanada.com
We look forward to welcoming you on board. It's business as usual, while we work things out on the ground.

For up-to-date information visit aircanada.com.

Sincerely,

Air Canada
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #1506
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Will let you know - we fly Air Canada tomorrow.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #1507
rosiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Will let you know - we fly Air Canada tomorrow.
Email today said negotiations failed and the Canadian workers are striking. They strongly suggest you check in online and print your boarding passes at home.

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #1508
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
Email today said negotiations failed and the Canadian workers are striking. They strongly suggest you check in online and print your boarding passes at home.

Good luck!
They are also suggesting that, if possible, do not check bags. And, expect longer than usual lines at self-check-in kiosks. That said, a co-worker's husband flew home from Toronto-Pearson today (carryon only) and experienced no delays.

The following is from the Air Canada website: http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/tra...r_updates.html

Important information for all Air Canada customers

We are very disappointed that an agreement with the CAW leadership has not been reached, leading call centre and airport customer service agents in Canada to take strike action.
Please take note, however, that our full flight schedule will remain in operation during the strike.
To avoid longer queues at airport check-in kiosks, and to expedite airport processes, we urge you to do the following:
  1. Check in online or on your mobile device at any time within 24 hours of your flight's departure.
  2. If at all possible, avoid travelling with checked baggage.
A message to our customers

Our first priority is to take care of our customers and to ensure that everyone gets to their destination safely, with particular attention given to customers with special requirements.
A message to our customers
Frequently asked questions

Find out more about the strike and what we're doing to minimize disruptions to our customers.
Frequently asked questions
Be prepared

Check-in

Check in online or on your mobile device at any time within 24 hours of your flight's departure.
Although more than 500 self service kiosks for check-in and baggage tagging are available at the nine Canadian airports that will be affected by the strike (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto Pearson, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and St. John's NL), lines will be longer than usual with limited available personnel.
Take a few minutes to view our tutorial on self-service check-in tools. You'll learn everything you need to know about online, mobile and kiosk check-in.
Make sure you arrive at the airport in advance of recommended check-in and boarding gate deadlines to avoid problems associated with summer travel congestion.
Flight status

You can check your flight's status up to three days before departure. The easiest way to do this is to: Check your flight status online In the event that your flight is delayed or cancelled, you may be eligible to rebook your flight using our self-serve delayed and cancelled flight service.
Baggage and travel documents

If at all possible, avoid travelling with checked baggage.
Take the time to familiarize yourself with carry-on baggage rules and travel requirements and regulations for international flights.

Over 22,000 Air Canada employees remain on duty, including over 1,700 available at the nine airports to help our customers. We are all focused on mitigating inconvenience to the best of our ability and, more importantly, getting everyone to their destination safely.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #1509
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Waiting on the phone for 2 hours because online would not allow me to check in.
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #1510
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

I hope you get through soon. That really sucks.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #1511
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
I hope you get through soon. That really sucks.
Thanks
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #1512
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

VINCI parking is much more expensive than Cruise Park was. I had made reservations with Cruise Park for our vehicle ($120), but not for the second vehicle arriving with our group of 7. VINCI is honoring my rate for our vehicle, but the cost of our friend's vehicle is $184. This may have already been covered in this thread as I have not read all the posts.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #1513
rosiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Waiting on the phone for 2 hours because online would not allow me to check in.
Sending you good vibes.

2 weeks ago, when I booked my ticket I tried phoning the call center with a question and I was told the wait was 60 minutes! That was before they were striking!

The website is awful too, I tried setting up a frequent flyer # and after several failed attempts gave up.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #1514
seamour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
Sending you good vibes.

2 weeks ago, when I booked my ticket I tried phoning the call center with a question and I was told the wait was 60 minutes! That was before they were striking!

The website is awful too, I tried setting up a frequent flyer # and after several failed attempts gave up.
that's too bad, and too bad that Canadian Airlines had to crumble to AC. hope you are all able to get where you are going safely and on time.

Disney Fantasy October 2012 Eastern Carib
Disney Magic Sept 2011 WBTA
Disney Wonder August 2011 Alaska
Disney Magic May 2011 EBTA
Disney Magic September 2009 Eastern Carib
Disney Wonder February 2009 Bahamas
RC Freedom of the Seas August 2007 Western Carib
Disney Magic January 2005 Western Carib

seamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #1515
teriyaki
Smackeralchick will live on forever

Location: Standing near the freezer, eating a quart of ice cream. Yes, I said quart.

Gulp

Long wait times at self serve kiosks? Possible cancelled flights? Try to avoid checked luggage?

Pixie dust to everyone traveling now. Hope all goes well. I'll be watching to see how it goes before our August 9 cruise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: