Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #61
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Scott - Once again, great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
February 2014 - Bay Lake Towers/Hard Rock Hotel (First Universal Stay)
October 2014 - Disneyland Hotel Paris (First International Disney)
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #62
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Inside the Magic actually posted a lot of the videos on youtube. I spent a good amount of time just watching those
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #63
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcpl View Post
Scott - Once again, great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Inside the Magic actually posted a lot of the videos on youtube. I spent a good amount of time just watching those
I was in WDW while D23 was going on, so I wasn't really looking for the videos at the time (wasn't really looking for audio either). Might go back and watch a few sometime.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #64
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #65
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Part 9: The Breakfast Debacle

After coming off of Spaceship Earth, we were overdue for some breakfast. In my usually up-to-date Disney memory, I told everyone else to go to Fountain View Café while I ran to Soarin' for FastPasses. On my way there, I notice some prominent ice cream signs, but don't think too much of it at the time.

When I get back, everyone's standing around in front of the fountain. What's the problem?

"Fountain View isn't open." What?!?

I go inspect some more. Fountain View has been turned into an ice cream shop! Where in EPCOT are you supposed to get breakfast now?

After looking around and seeing no sign of breakfast, I broke down and asked someone at Guest Services. He said to go through Innoventions East, and Espresso was on the other side. What in the world is Espresso?

Turns out, Espresso is a cart with coffee and pastries. However, these carts (we noticed others later on around EPCOT and it was the same case at all of them) do not take the DDP!

Meanwhile, it was break time nearby.

9/7/2009 10:29 AM EST BREAK TIME! http://twitpic.com/gufni

The Jammitors came over and played a set just outside Innoventions East.

I reiterated my thoughts on "Espresso" on Twitter:

9/7/2009 10:31 AM EST When did Fountain View stop serving breakfast? All they have now is this junky cart outside Energy that doesn't take DDP.

I was especially aggravated about this because I was looking forward to a cinnamon roll. That craving got rectified twice over, however.

After everyone got something to eat, we headed over to:

I enjoyed the ride on the Clammobiles. It was refreshing to finally see a ride in The (Living) Seas again.

After disembarking from our Clammobiles, we headed for Turtle Talk with Crush. Hailey and my sister sat in the front with the kids, while the rest of us sat on a bench. At some point, Crush mentions that he's going to take questions in a few minutes. A minute or two later, we hear "I have a question!" Naturally, it was Hailey. She actually plays this game with us where she says she has a question and then asks something like "What did you have for breakfast?" Then she says she has another question and keeps making up questions (some of which are not actually questions).

We heard her a couple more times, and the last time the CM in Turtle Talk was actually going to let her ask a question, but Crush picked someone else. She still enjoyed the show. The technology behind Turtle Talk is pretty cool; my wife and I had seen it in California and it still amazes me that it can pick out a person and their shirt color and other attributes.

After Turtle Talk, we wandered around the Seas for a few minutes and took some pictures of Hailey outside.

Then we headed over to the EPCOT Character Spot. I have to say that although this may not completely fit into Future World, it's a great idea. All five main characters are in one place at one time.

9/7/2009 11:51 AM EST At the EPCOT Character Spot. Line is a little long but not too bad.

This might be the longest line we waited in the entire trip; Hailey enjoyed it, though I think she was warming up to the characters a little bit at first. Each character signed her autograph book, and after she was done taking pictures, she would give each character a kiss on the cheek.

When she got to Minnie, she started warming up more.

Donald was when the real fun began.

9/7/2009 12:18 PM EST Had a blast in the character spot. Getting all five in one spot is very nice.

After getting out the Character Spot, we headed for The Land.

Coming up: will Hailey be tall enough for Soarin'?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #66
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Very cute pictures from the Character Spot! I agree---that was the longest line we waited in last time we were in The World.

You know you can get some awesome breakfast in The Land Pavilion at Sunshine Seasons? They're a CS location, they're on the DDP and it seems they aren't usually very busy if you get there when the park opens.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #67
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Hey there!
Loving your TR, and your photos - wow wow WOW! You are a great photographer! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #68
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Very cute pictures from the Character Spot! I agree---that was the longest line we waited in last time we were in The World.

You know you can get some awesome breakfast in The Land Pavilion at Sunshine Seasons? They're a CS location, they're on the DDP and it seems they aren't usually very busy if you get there when the park opens.
Thanks!

Character Spot was the longest line we were in, but it really wasn't that long.

I'll have to keep Sunshine Seasons in mind for breakfast next time. We were trying to use our snack credits for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hey there!
Loving your TR, and your photos - wow wow WOW! You are a great photographer! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip
Welcome and thank you so much!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #69
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Part 10: The Soarin' Situation

When we left Character Spot, we decided to use our FastPasses I retrieved earlier for Soarin'. This is a ride that only my wife and I had done in the past at DLR and enjoyed it very much.

I didn't get too many pictures of The Land, but here are the signs:

When we got down to the bottom floor and to the Soarin' entrance, the CMs asked Hailey to get measured. Now, this is the first ride with a height requirement we rode the entire trip, so I didn't know how this was going to play out. I did know that Hailey is right near 40", but my measurements said she was just under. When she stands up extra straight, she is extremely close.

Hailey stands under the bar that's there, and she's just under it as I expected. She stands up extra-straight and we're trying to get her head to touch by telling her to do different things like put her finger on the top of her head, take a deep breath, etc. The CMs really did try their best, too, although I do believe she touched the bar at one time. The CMs must have missed it, and they must have seen the tiniest bit of light between the bar and the top of her head. After about five minutes, they decided she wasn't going to be able to ride. Naturally she was disappointed, and she and Grammy (who thought she wouldn't like it because she can get motion sickness sometimes) stayed out while the rest of us rode Soarin'.

In the queue, we started talking about lunch and spoke to a lady behind us who apparently was another big Disney fan. I hadn't made a firm plan; I just knew it would be counter service. She suggested either Sunshine Seasons or Cantina de San Angel.

9/7/2009 1:11 PM EDT Soarin' was fun as usual... Hailey didn't quite make 40" though

When we came out, Hailey and Grammy were by the FastPass machines. Turns out that they went to see Circle of Life while we rode. We still had two FastPasses, so we convinced my mom that she would enjoy it, so she and my dad rode again. The rest of us waited at one of the tables by Sunshine Seasons.

After about a half hour, they came out and we talked about lunch. I checked out Sunshine Seasons while they were riding; no one seemed too interested in what they were serving, and my dad was very interested in Cantina de San Angel (unusual because he's usually not a huge Mexican eater) so we decided to head to Mexico for lunch.

We headed out and made our way to World Showcase for the first time of the trip.

Coming up: lunch and fun in Mexico

Bonus picture: I was inspired by another Flickr user to work on my picture of the Greeks in Spaceship Earth.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #71
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Side note: this will probably be the last update this week. I'm leaving for Louisiana after work tomorrow and coming back Sunday. I know how disappointed everyone is, but think of it as something to look forward to next week (or something like that).
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #72
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
So did Grammy like Soarin?
She did indeed like Soarin'.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #73
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Yay my sis let me know you have a TR and I was delighted to check out a report from one of our twitter pals! I love the tweet incorporation. Unfortunate that the majority of our tweets were so random and weird or we might have to steal that formatting! I also love all your pics, particularly the Spaceship Earth shots.
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #74
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBsHustla View Post
Yay my sis let me know you have a TR and I was delighted to check out a report from one of our twitter pals! I love the tweet incorporation. Unfortunate that the majority of our tweets were so random and weird or we might have to steal that formatting! I also love all your pics, particularly the Spaceship Earth shots.
Thanks for joining up! I just read the first part of yall's TR and I have a feeling it's going to be good.

I just got back from LA and was delighted to find my PhotoPass CD in the mailbox and somewhat disturbed that my Mad Tea Party poster was left on the porch for an unknown amount of time (more on the poster ordering situation later).

Hopefully I'll have a new update tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #75
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Sidebar: A little shameless self-promotion

Hi everyone. For the first time ever, I entered a photo into the DIS' Photography Board weekly contest. It's a photo that we haven't quite made it to yet in the Trip Report, so if you feel inclined to vote for me click this link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2295449

and vote for letter B. It's a photo of Goofy and Hailey at Chef Mickey's. In exchange, I'll post about more of my trip tonight.

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: