Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
MinnieRx85
Earning My Ears

Our "Orlando" Trip to DISNEY! Dec. 9-15 Pre-Trip Report

SO I finally got up the courage to post my PTR!! I have been stalking this site for a couple months now, FINALLY joined and now I am posting! I feel all grown up!

I should introduce my Trip Party.

First off there is ME!

I am a born and raised Disney Lover from age 3! My entire family are Disney Lovers, and that is where family reunions/get together/any excuse to visit a Disney park together happens!!
I am a 24 year old Bar Manager with little to no time on my hands, no children, but the time I have lots and lots of it goes to obsessive moments on DisBoards!! (seriously, there should be a HELPMESTOPLOOKINGATDISBOARDS.com)

The other member is my DH!

My DH was not a born and raised Disney freak like his DW because he grew up all the way over on the West Coast on a Sheep Ranch (100,000 Acres to be exact) His idea of an amusement park was the local town fair, and rides well he was amazed that places had more than a Ferris Wheel....

My DH is an active member of the Army! He has been in for about 12 years now and has deployed twice in the last 4 years! Needless to say I don't take advantage of ANY time I get with him! (Our 4 year anniversary is on Nov. 19th, 2009!)

I haven't really converted him over to the "Disney Side" just yet, but I told him from DAY ONE that we will be spending quality time with the mouse whether he likes it or not, and he is okay with that!! (Not that he has a choice either way )

SO enough with the introductions now on to the TRIP!!!

The last time we went on vacation was during my DH midtour from Iraq. We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the West Caribbean! It was amazing, but of course ended on a very very sad note because he had to go back to Iraq for 7 months, and i had to drop him at MCO and drive all the way back to Tennessee by myself!! So that was about a year and a half ago, and now that he is back and not going to be deploying anytime soon we decided it is time for a REAL DH & DW vacation with no looming sadness!!

At first it started out as a "Trip to Orlando". I promised him WE won't stay on property we won't even get tickets (even though they are free for him and VERY VERY cheap for me) We will just take our time and explore middle Florida. Well that lasted about 3 days!!
For the last 2 months I have made several ADR's and moved our hotel to Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and what is the biggest draw about WBC???? Oh yeah how close it is to DISNEY!!!!!! So my DH loves to joke with me about our "Orlando" Trip, he now calls it our DISNEY trip!!

Well, I have to get some work done, but I will be updating very soon with my PTR plans and some pretty funny revelations about my ever blossoming Disney obsession!!

I tried to add images but I have to get my post count up! I will be doing that over the next couple days! So expect photos soon (that is if anyone will be reading this)

Last edited by MinnieRx85; 11-18-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
MinnieRx85
Earning My Ears

Hahaha I guess there is no reason to finish this report!! Oh well! I hope everyone out there is having a magical day!! I will just keep reading everyones posts! Get some pointers on how to attract people!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: