Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
carolinesmom04
Earning My Ears

Question Switching resorts within one trip ?

Hi!
We are going to be in the AK Villas (YIPPEEE!!!) but will be flying in one night earlier than our ressies (to maximize our first day). I am considering getting a room at the All Stars Movies for just that first night so we can use the Magical Express.
Will I be able to get assistance with getting my luggage from AS to AKV the next day? Anyone have tips on how to make that work?
Otherwise, I guess we could stay off property for one night but I'm trying to avoid making getting around a challenge since we have little kids and do not wish to rent a car/deal with carseats.

Thanks!!!
Amy
carolinesmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Disney will transport our luggage from AS to AKL but you might want to consider just taking a taxi. It shouldn't be too expensive (I would guess about $10) as they are pretty close.
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
meeshkamooshka
please exit to your left...

i would just get a night at another disney hotel....one youve never been too

I stayed at the contemorary for 6 nights...they had nothing for the following 3 days...at a rate i was willing to pay...so I did 3 days at the wilderness lodge...

i like it so much...next time I go I will be going back to the wilderness lodge....

i just took a taxi for 6$ bucks.... very easy

good luck!
ANY POST I MAKE ON THE BOARD IS " MY" OPINION, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION. AS A MATURE ADULT, RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT DIALOGUE BEGINS WITH ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS POINT OF VIEW - EVEN IF THEY DIFFER. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES, WE FORM DIFFERENT OPINIONS. VARIOUS OPINIONS CAN SHED NEW LIGHT AND NEW APPROACHES, ULTIMATELY WE WOULD FAIL TO MAKE PROGRESS IN OUR DEMOCRACY WITHOUT THEM! BUT AGAIN,THIS IS ALL "MY" OPINION!

FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS GET HUNGRY FOR ONIONS, WHEN I READ THE WORD OPINION!
meeshkamooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Evi
DIS Veteran

they canceled our ressies so were doing a split stay csr and wl cabins tried getting the lodge only thing they had available for our dates other then bc and only pirate rooms lol considering were a couple we thought about it but thought cabins might be a little more fun and romantic who knows. I'll find out somehow I think I'd feel like I was in a little boys bedroom in pirate rooms. I guess I'll be calling everyday trying to get wl or just suck it up and take what I have.
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 AM   #5
yaksack
DIS Veteran

We did a split stay in July 2008. We started at the Animal Kingdom and then went of the to beach Club Villas. The move was very easy. They moved everything and it was ready within a few hours.

Prior to 1997 - Too young or too drunk to remember
1997 - Honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - WL
2002 - POFQ
2004 - WL
2006 - VWL
2008 - AKLV and BCV
2009 - VWL
2011 - Treehouses/Bay Lake Tower
2013 - VWL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]