Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
I know this probably sounds a very thick question but we applied at the beginning of the year for our trip to California. Now we are going again do we have to update anything on our ESTA? ie address where we're staying etc? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just want my (And DBf's) mind setiing at rest!
You don't have to update anything but if you want to just log in to the website with your confirmation number and you can update address and flight details there.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 AM   #32
Hobbes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
You don't have to update anything but if you want to just log in to the website with your confirmation number and you can update address and flight details there.

Thanks Wickesy (its good you got a job when you left Albert square!)
2007 Introducing my DBf to the World-Pop 2010 DBf's birthday at Pop and we got engaged
2011 Our Disneymoon-me and Snorky at POFQ 2013 Our 2nd anniversary ASMu
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #33
disneyangel
Has a seperate pudding stomach

Should I be concerned about this ...

October 26, 2006 – Each VWP passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

We have just updated DD's passport and I don't recall being able to do any biometric info ?

Are we covered by

EXCEPTION: To be eligible for the VWP, persons presenting United Kingdom passports must possess the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man ?

Thanks
AngelaEurodisney-Cheyenne (a long time ago) ,WDW-offsite-Cypress Pointe-Nov2000 ,DLRP-SL-SEP05 , DLRP -Marriot- OCT06 with the Blackies, DLRP - Marriot- Jan07 with the Grannys DLRP -Marriot -May 07 with the Blackie's and Grannies ,DLRPEtap Val D'Europe -Jan 08 -,DLRP Post Christmas treat ,,DLRPMarch 08 Marriot with Susan and Zoe- Girls only , ,DLRPSep08 -Explorers -Sun and Fun , Jan 2010 ,WDW-Offsite Regal Palms -Jessica's first trip , Easter 2012 ,WDW-Offsite - Rosen Inn at Pointe. WDW-Oct 13 -Onsite POFQ/OKW with MNSSHP with Susan and Zoe
disneyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
smokey
Earning My Ears

My understanding is that ESTA is supposed to replace the need to fill in the green visa waiver form. However in May when I travelled to the States on a cruise ship we were still asked to fill out the green form as well as the ESTA. Are people being asked to fill out the form on flights now? I just find it so tedious to fill out that I hope not!
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
My understanding is that ESTA is supposed to replace the need to fill in the green visa waiver form. However in May when I travelled to the States on a cruise ship we were still asked to fill out the green form as well as the ESTA. Are people being asked to fill out the form on flights now? I just find it so tedious to fill out that I hope not!
We still had to fill ours in when we arrived last week
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #36
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
The ultimate intention is to replace the green forms but at the moment the system is not fully up and running. Virgin are now insisting on confirmation of ESTA authorisation on some routes before they let you check in so hopefully it is getting there.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #37
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyangel View Post
Should I be concerned about this ...

October 26, 2006 – Each VWP passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

We have just updated DD's passport and I don't recall being able to do any biometric info ?

Are we covered by

EXCEPTION: To be eligible for the VWP, persons presenting United Kingdom passports must possess the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man ?

Thanks
Hi - probably too late now...
- the photo is on the chip - that is all the biometric data currently needed.

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
tttessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #38
disneyangel
Has a seperate pudding stomach

Thanks Tessa

Git DD's passport back ( in One week and 2 days - very impressed with service ) and have spotted the chip /

I was confused as i thought they'd need fingerprints etc
AngelaEurodisney-Cheyenne (a long time ago) ,WDW-offsite-Cypress Pointe-Nov2000 ,DLRP-SL-SEP05 , DLRP -Marriot- OCT06 with the Blackies, DLRP - Marriot- Jan07 with the Grannys DLRP -Marriot -May 07 with the Blackie's and Grannies ,DLRPEtap Val D'Europe -Jan 08 -,DLRP Post Christmas treat ,,DLRPMarch 08 Marriot with Susan and Zoe- Girls only , ,DLRPSep08 -Explorers -Sun and Fun , Jan 2010 ,WDW-Offsite Regal Palms -Jessica's first trip , Easter 2012 ,WDW-Offsite - Rosen Inn at Pointe. WDW-Oct 13 -Onsite POFQ/OKW with MNSSHP with Susan and Zoe
disneyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #39
raymondcky
Earning My Ears

ok im new to all this i have never travelled outside of europe but im going to wdw next year and booking though a travell shop do i need this as well as a visa im from the uk and how much does it all cost
raymondcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #40
wickesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondcky View Post
ok im new to all this i have never travelled outside of europe but im going to wdw next year and booking though a travell shop do i need this as well as a visa im from the uk and how much does it all cost
If you're from the UK then generally you don't need a visa. Just follow the instructions in the first post on this thread and it won't cost you anything.

If, for whatever reason, you do need a visa then you don't need an ESTA authorisation.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #41
DisneyB2B
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Sorry probably a couple of stupid questions..

I applied for my husbands ESTA back in May and that came through fine, we had to cancel our trip two days before and I was wondering;

- does this cover us both or do I need to do one for myself?
- do I need to update any of his information as we never actually stepped foot in the US in May?

Thanks

Nicci
2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort with Family
2014 - Old Key West 1st family vacation with DD

DisneyB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #42
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyB2B View Post
Hi,

Sorry probably a couple of stupid questions..

I applied for my husbands ESTA back in May and that came through fine, we had to cancel our trip two days before and I was wondering;

- does this cover us both or do I need to do one for myself?
- do I need to update any of his information as we never actually stepped foot in the US in May?

Thanks

Nicci

You need a seperate ESTA for every person.
Once you have approval it is valid for 2 years. If you input any information regarding where you will be saying when you are there then this may need changing - but it isn't 'required' information so you may not have filled that bit in.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #43
DisneyB2B
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info
2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort with Family
2014 - Old Key West 1st family vacation with DD

DisneyB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #44
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

Thanks, very reassuring and painless and great to have the right link easily accessible!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #45
jharrowell
Disney Phreak

Just want to say thanks to you for the info on this thread.

Though the process is pretty painless, it was nice to have everything laid out beforehand.

Everything went perfectly and both myself and my partner were authorised immediately.

Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen
jharrowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: