Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #2701
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Anybody else not heard back yet on onboard booking cards you turned in?

They indicated due to so many booking requests that we would be notified later when they were processed. I turned in a card saying to BOOK two placeholder cruises and use the credit card on file, but nothing has been processed yet. My sister turned in one the same day (but several hours earlier) and she got notification debarkation morning that hers had been processed.

I won't panic if some of you say yours haven't been processed yet...otherwise, who do I call???? (Checked my visa and no charges have been processed yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
We booked a dummy date cruise during the Alaskan leg of our cruise and got our confirmation in our fish on the last sea day. We actually talked to Russell (onboard booking CM) one night instead of filling out the card because there was no line at the booking desk and I know that Russell said he had a lot of requests to process when we taked to him. He said he actually had to change the dummy cruise date because so many people were booking a dummy date to get the OB discount and OBC. We also got a telephone message in our stateroom from Russell telling us he had some computer problems. I would try to contact DCL and explain to them that you never heard back from Russell and see what happens.

Same thing happened to us. I called and talked to Russell on the phone one day and he said that the system was down but that it would definitely get processed. We're off the boat now without a confirmation and without being charged. I called DCL to explain and they said they would definitely make sure it gets processed and honored. They said they had a backlog because there was so many who booked onboard. I told them there was 500 platinums onboard and they were shocked. I checked my cruises on DCline/castawayclub and it's not listed there yet and my card has still not been charged. I'll keep checking everyday.

Jackie, call DCL and explain. Make sure they have your info to input when they catch up.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #2702
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Don't we all look so cute......

I'm so sorry that mother nature didn't cooperate with us that day and a lot of us got sick, including me. But we made the best of it and had a good time. Hopefully we'll have better weather in Hawaii.....I'll be hosting it again!!!

Please feel free to copy the pictures for yourselves to keep.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #2703
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Thanks Deb! I bought the top one too.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #2704
Pixiegran
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxYeaux View Post
thanks for posting this Judy - we were wondering where that footage would be shown. So wonderful to relive our days in Alaska! Look for a care package coming your way

Melissa
I have a couple of good photos of your son to send you soon. Definitely shows he was in Alaska We will be thrilled to have some beans..yummm. We have both had a bad time with bronchitis since we returned and I haven't even managed to get all the clothes from the cruise washed yet, but we're on the mend.

Last edited by Pixiegran; 05-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Pixiegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #2705
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Same thing happened to us. I called and talked to Russell on the phone one day and he said that the system was down but that it would definitely get processed. We're off the boat now without a confirmation and without being charged. I called DCL to explain and they said they would definitely make sure it gets processed and honored. They said they had a backlog because there was so many who booked onboard. I told them there was 500 platinums onboard and they were shocked. I checked my cruises on DCline/castawayclub and it's not listed there yet and my card has still not been charged. I'll keep checking everyday.

Jackie, call DCL and explain. Make sure they have your info to input when they catch up.

We too had a lot of trouble with the booking onboard. We finally got our info but it was after we had to go up and ask for it about 5 times. My husband and I were not at all impressed with Russell. We felt that he had really no interest in being there at all. He kept saying so are you going to book that or what. It made us feel like it just didn't matter to him. It was certainly not what we as Avid DCL and WDW travelers have come to expect from a Disney Cast member.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #2706
Pixiegran
DIS Veteran

Help

A guest shut down my computer and I cannot find the link for one of the disboard windows I had open. I wanted to show a friend the pictures taken on the LA-Vancouver repo cruise when you went under the Golden Gate Bridge that a few posted and one that was posted my a member that took one of the deck of the Wonder from the Golden Gate Bridge. I thought it was one of the Alaska cruise windows, but none of the ones I have checked have had them. Does anyone know which thread they were on - I am obviously lost.....

Pixiegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #2707
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Saw this posted on the main cruise thread and thought I would re-post here....this is a picture of DCL's rock at the port in Skagway. While on one of our tours, we were told it was a tradition for each cruise line to paint a rock to commemorate the ship's first sailing to Skagway....nice to see DCL kept up the tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I don't know if anyone's seen this. In Skagway, it's a tradition to paint rocks for people to see. DS works for another cruise line, but he knows I'm a Disney fanatic, so he took this photo and sent it to me-

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #2708
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

Quote:
Saw this posted on the main cruise thread and thought I would re-post here....this is a picture of DCL's rock at the port in Skagway. While on one of our tours, we were told it was a tradition for each cruise line to paint a rock to commemorate the ship's first sailing to Skagway....nice to see DCL kept up the tradition.
AW....that's so cool!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #2709
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! Any info on where we can find it?

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #2710
ppartekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Any info on where we can find it?
Agree, any directions on the location? If we get back up there, we could stop by and make it another stop on our personal tour (besides the quilt store, the salmon jerk store, etc).
ppartekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #2711
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

I'm not sure

Here is a link to the thread regarding the rock...there was someone on that thread that did visit it, you may want to ask on that thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2763139

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #2712
GeauxYeaux
Earning My Ears

thanks for sharing this photo - you know I need it for my scrapbook!!! How cool to see our ship on the skagway rocks.

DVC Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas
WDW - too many times to count!
DCL - Wonder 2009 Pirates of the Caribbean "Legend Lives On" Cruise
DCL - Wonder 2011 Inaugural Voyage to Alaska

GeauxYeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: