Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #151
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Are we already obsessing over fish extenders
No but they are fun!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #152
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotKilterFan View Post
LOL... we will see. Sailing on my Birthday would be nice.

And truth be told I would not know the first thing about "organizing" the Fish Extenders. I just give something to everyone!! I think that is the job of the one that was "first to extend the fish" And I still can not get over how the whole phenomenon has happened!

But my "original" fish extender is so boring compared to what others are doing! Or maybe, mine is the unique one

Debbie
Amen sister-friend!! I am strongly in favor of keeping Fish Extenders as disorganized as possible!! I think creating a very basic list of who will HAVE a fish extender (so we can get a head count) is fine.....but then I'm with Deb----just get something small and give to everyone. I've been on cruises and seen threads where the Fish Extender exchange becomes so involved that I can't even keep up with it!!

(And, Deb....the original never goes out of style! Your fish extender is fabulous----if for no other reason than that it predated all others. In fact, I think it belongs at the Smithsonian next to Archie Bunker's chair and the ruby slippers!! By the by, however, you can have my and Jason's old fish extender if you really want something fancier (do you remember that giant colorful thing?!?! ) as I think we're going to make a new one before our 2010 cruises....and then we'll have it for the Alaska voyage, too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #153
kimkatmom
Mouseketeer

Victoria, BC

My daughter tells me that Victoria is an amazing city. Can't wait to check it out.
kimkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #154
MouseFaninQueue
The CAMERAMAN can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
Although I've neer been there, I've heard from a number of friends (both Canadian and American) that Vancouver is a truly fabulous city and that we will probably WANT to get off the ship to experience it if we can. I've even had some friends suggest we get a hotel and plan to stay a few days in Vancouver after the trip.

(And isn't Vancouver the host for the 2010 Winter Olympics? So when we're there early in 2011 the city will still be riding high after that, perhaps, and there may be really great sites/buildings/etc. to see from that, as well!)
Just a few short blocks from Canada Place (cruise terminal) there is Harbour Centre. To picture it just think of Seattle's space needle on top of a building.

Probably get a good view of the ship from there, depending on which side of Canada Place it docks at.

This is a view of Canada Place (the white sails) from Harbour Centre.

Of course, Canada Place and Harbour Centre are located right in the middle of historic Gastown:

And that's just some of the sights easily within walking distance of the terminal. I haven't even traveled in these pics more than a few blocks.

DL - 1978, 1995, 1998 (honeymoon), May 2005, Oct 2005, May 25-28 2008, Mar 2009 WDW - 1992, 1997 (got engaged), Oct 28-Nov 5 2006, May 5-10 2008 DCL Wonder - Nov 5-9 2006, April 27 - May 3, 2011 (to Vancouver), May 3-10, 2011 (1st to Alaska) DCL Magic - May 10-25, 2008
MouseFaninQueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #155
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Yes, Victoria is amazing.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #156
MouseFaninQueue
The CAMERAMAN can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkatmom View Post
My daughter tells me that Victoria is an amazing city. Can't wait to check it out.
I can attest to that. I was born there!

You have the Legislative buildings:

You can go for proper high tea at the Empress:

There is the Royal British Columbia Museum:

A nice stroll through Beacon Hill Park:

And I haven't even left the inner harbour area yet...

DL - 1978, 1995, 1998 (honeymoon), May 2005, Oct 2005, May 25-28 2008, Mar 2009 WDW - 1992, 1997 (got engaged), Oct 28-Nov 5 2006, May 5-10 2008 DCL Wonder - Nov 5-9 2006, April 27 - May 3, 2011 (to Vancouver), May 3-10, 2011 (1st to Alaska) DCL Magic - May 10-25, 2008
MouseFaninQueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #157
LiseG
DIS Veteran

FE Plan

On the Magic 9/5 EC we kept the FE plan simple. A quick list of participants with names and ages. The ages help with selecting age appropriate gifts for the tweens, kids and infants. One gift per person per cruise. A couple cabins were assigned to play "Santa" on each day. It seemed there were gift each time we came back to the cabin.

My best friend's family and mine were assigned the last day. We decided to do something in keeping with a travel day. For the grown ups she did trail mix packets and I did teriyaki jerky (made here in town). For the kids there were little crafts/games that could keep them busy in the car, plane or airport. Just after midnight we ran up and down the corridors shushing our giggling DDs as we delivering our goodies to everyone on the list. . . .

What do you think?

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita)
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!)
Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR - Sept 2012

Last edited by LiseG; 09-24-2009 at 01:01 AM.
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #158
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
In Vancouver it will be the U.S. citizens who are the aliens. Maybe they'll herd all the aliens into the theatre to clear immigration at an ungodly hour as they used to do in DCL with the non-U.S. passengers.

Afterall, turn around is fair play, isn't it?
I hadn't thought about that... me no likey that idea. LOL
(I'm so NOT a morning person. If we have to do that- I'll likely have to just stay up all night. No point in going to sleep shortly before we have to be there for customs LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
Although I've neer been there, I've heard from a number of friends (both Canadian and American) that Vancouver is a truly fabulous city and that we will probably WANT to get off the ship to experience it if we can. I've even had some friends suggest we get a hotel and plan to stay a few days in Vancouver after the trip.

(And isn't Vancouver the host for the 2010 Winter Olympics? So when we're there early in 2011 the city will still be riding high after that, perhaps, and there may be really great sites/buildings/etc. to see from that, as well!)
Whoa- I hadn't even thought about that! Good thing I couldn't already book our flight. That's definitely something to consider- if we aren't completely broke by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Are we already obsessing over fish extenders
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)

*PDFG*
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #159
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Good Morning fellow cruisers....I'm a booked B2B also. I see a lot of familiar faces on here and many that I'm anxious to get to know.

We're in Orlando and we'll be packing out and driving home to PA soon. Just got off the Magic with a bunch of Tortolians then on to WDW for a few days. What a great trip it's been, but sadly my fun with Mickey has come to an end for now.

Time to begin planning the next ones. I'm currently booked on 5 cruises over the next 2 years. Three of them I'm keeping and two I'm forced to cancel. I'm really looking forward to doing these B2B cruises.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #160
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Me and DH John are travelling with just the two of us! Here's our info for page one:

EllaEnchanted and 1Grumpy John - Deb and John - 5122 - LATE - Yes!! - Pocono Mtns. PA

YES to lanyards, YES to FE gifts.....YES to Fishlips, Champagne Girls, Shots Around The Ship, Old Geezers.....and whatever anybody else comes up with!!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #161
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hey, what are we calling ourselves??? The First Eskimos....

Sorry, I'm not feeling very creative at the moment. Help!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #162
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotKilterFan View Post
LOL... we will see. Sailing on my Birthday would be nice.

And truth be told I would not know the first thing about "organizing" the Fish Extenders. I just give something to everyone!! I think that is the job of the one that was "first to extend the fish" And I still can not get over how the whole phenomenon has happened!

But my "original" fish extender is so boring compared to what others are doing! Or maybe, mine is the unique one

Debbie

Hi Deb....love your name!

Love Epcot too! We were just there yesterday....Crush is my favorite and Figment is John's favorite....we drank in France and ate in Italy....so awesome.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #163
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

. . . YES to Fishlips
Hi Deb, welcome back.

Fishlips is too far. We'll need a restaurant in L.A.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #164
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Hi Deb, welcome back.

Fishlips is too far. We'll need a restaurant in L.A.

Woody

hahahaha.....good catch Woody. Thanks.

Can you tell I'm still in vacation mode?

I guess we'll have to find a place near the port in LA. WOOHOO!!! This is going to be a fun trip to plan....it's completely different.

I'm so glad you and Mrs. Woody will be onboard with us. We did a Thieves reunion Cozy Cove chat on the Tortola cruise....but I didn't call you because your SR number was not on any of the lists. We'll have to fix that next cruise....you could just wisper it to me.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #165
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Hi Deb!!!! Glad to see you'll be on this cruise as well.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: