Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #136
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater View Post
Just left stateroom 6616 last week on the Wonder from the DVC Member Cruise. It is very handy, just off the AFT elevators and easy access on the stairs either going up or down.

If you have any questions about 6616, ask away while my mind is still fresh. You know...old age and you start to forget things.

Also, you can leave all your stuff in your stateroom when doing a B2B and you are staying in the same place. It will be interesting to see what DCL will make us do since we are disembarking in Canada, maybe we won't have to get off the ship? Now, that would be nice......

We can plan a big DIS MEET for the B2B before boarding begins if we stay on the ship. Like a Jimmy Buffet party.....it will be 5 o'clock somewhere!
I'm such a complete dork. In my mind's eye I envisioned getting off for a bit at Port Canaveral! Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly since we'll be in Vancouver and not FL. hahaha
If they don't make us get off the ship- something tells me this cruise may have an extraordinary amount of B2B'ers on it? Maybe I'm wrong.. but maybe I'm right. LOL We'll see.
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #137
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
I'm such a complete dork. In my mind's eye I envisioned getting off for a bit at Port Canaveral! Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly since we'll be in Vancouver and not FL. hahaha
If they don't make us get off the ship- something tells me this cruise may have an extraordinary amount of B2B'ers on it? Maybe I'm wrong.. but maybe I'm right. LOL We'll see.
In Vancouver it will be the U.S. citizens who are the aliens. Maybe they'll herd all the aliens into the theatre to clear immigration at an ungodly hour as they used to do in DCL with the non-U.S. passengers.

Afterall, turn around is fair play, isn't it?

iankh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #138
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
Although I've neer been there, I've heard from a number of friends (both Canadian and American) that Vancouver is a truly fabulous city and that we will probably WANT to get off the ship to experience it if we can. I've even had some friends suggest we get a hotel and plan to stay a few days in Vancouver after the trip.

(And isn't Vancouver the host for the 2010 Winter Olympics? So when we're there early in 2011 the city will still be riding high after that, perhaps, and there may be really great sites/buildings/etc. to see from that, as well!)
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #139
rcostello1
DIS Veteran

Who is collecting info for this cruise? Is George doing it for both? Thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #140
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcostello1 View Post
Who is collecting info for this cruise? Is George doing it for both? Thanks
I believe Bob (of BobandLee) is.

Ken

Last edited by kpros; 09-23-2009 at 07:10 PM.
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #141
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

So my dad and I just booked this cruise as well. We just wanted to do another b2b since it is great.

So we are now on the 4/27 cruise and this one
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #142
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post

Although I've neer been there, I've heard from a number of friends (both Canadian and American) that Vancouver is a truly fabulous city and that we will probably WANT to get off the ship to experience it if we can. I've even had some friends suggest we get a hotel and plan to stay a few days in Vancouver after the trip.
You will WANT to get off the ship, especially if the ship docks at Canada Place.

Lots of shops and restaurants close by. There's even an IMAX 3D theater at Canada Place, and a Hop On Hop Off bus just outside the terminal.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #143
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

OK so how would we do the FE since some of use will not be B2B's for this one? Would we wait till everyone is onboard in Canada to do it?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #144
EpcotKilterFan
The first to extend her Fish

Just a little Off Kilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
Yes she is onboard for the Alaskan cruise....but she still needs peer pressure to push her over the edge in deciding to book the repo and just do the B2B with us! I've been emailing her with my "cummon....you know you wanna!!!" notes, but everyone else can feel free to jump in, too! We all know peer pressure works best when you work in a pack mentality!
LOL... we will see. Sailing on my Birthday would be nice.

And truth be told I would not know the first thing about "organizing" the Fish Extenders. I just give something to everyone!! I think that is the job of the one that was "first to extend the fish" And I still can not get over how the whole phenomenon has happened!

But my "original" fish extender is so boring compared to what others are doing! Or maybe, mine is the unique one

Debbie
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #145
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotKilterFan View Post

And truth be told I would not know the first thing about "organizing" the Fish Extenders. I just give something to everyone!! I think that is the job of the one that was "first to extend the fish" And I still can not get over how the whole phenomenon has happened!

But my "original" fish extender is so boring compared to what others are doing! Or maybe, mine is the unique one

Debbie
Heck mine is just a photobag that I have put all kinds of Disney Family Photos in. I hang it over the fish to collect all the goodies in.... Mine doesn't even look anything like the common FE...
Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #146
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore77 View Post
OK so how would we do the FE since some of use will not be B2B's for this one? Would we wait till everyone is onboard in Canada to do it?
I would suggest that in keeping with the notion I suggested that this is one continuous itinerary from LA to Alaska with 2 segments, FE participants would choose to sign up for gifts to be distributed during segment 1 (LA-Vancouver), segment 2 (Vancouver-Alaska) or double dip gifts for distributed on both segment 1 and on segment 2.

iankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #147
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I would suggest that in keeping with the notion I suggested that this is one continuous itinerary from LA to Alaska with 2 segments, FE participants would choose to sign up for gifts to be distributed during segment 1 (LA-Vancouver), segment 2 (Vancouver-Alaska) or double dip gifts for distributed on both segment 1 and on segment 2.
Ian, when it gets closer to the cruises I think your survey would be a really good way to help all the organizers sort everything out.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #148
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotKilterFan View Post

Debbie
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2749

I have done sheets with info for some of the cruises like the one below...
Will not have time to do it this cruise..

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=21
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #149
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

I miss you Eeyore!

Haven't talked to you today!

Quote:
Hello there everyone!!! Me and my husband will be joinung you for the Alaska Cruise as well. We will also have another couple joining us who we met and befriended on the 2008 DVC Members cruise. This will be our first ever trip to Alaska and we are so excited... It seems sooooo far away. We have a few small cruises possibly planned so that will help to get us by until we get to the cruise in 2011! We have been on 7 cruises thus far with DCL and we are hoping to make it all the way to Platnium by this one. I know we have a few to go. LOL...

So do you think they will change the menus this cruise? Also what about the fireworks? If it is light all the time do you think that they will still do them at some point? I guess I am also wondering about party changes onboard as well. I guess we will be the first to find out right!? LOL! Last of all does anyone know what the temps will be like in Alaska that time of year?

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)

Last edited by figmentnnemo; 09-23-2009 at 10:07 PM.
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #150
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

What

Are we already obsessing over fish extenders

Quote:

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: